Yep still at it! - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016 Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Yep still at it!

At first I wasn't gonna post up anything about this. 1 I didn't know where to post it. 2 There's no category for scooters...
I decided to because I will be modding and converting it. It will no longer be classified as a scooter when I'm through.
So I picked this up about a week a more ago. I bought it to get the fairings. Then I started to really look at it. The chassis actually seems really strong! A tradition style twin spar chassis. Large enough to fit a really nice engine....lol
So I decided to get this thing running. I had to ride in order to know what I'm working with. I got it running took it for a ride. I was blown away! It actually had good suspension that works. No Pogo sticking plus this thing was very stable. It had the feel of a full size bike. I fell in love with it.....lol At some point I started to order some go fast parts for the motor....lol Then I had to remind myself, that my over all goal. Is gonna be a much better reward...
As you can see from the pic this thing is pretty big. But there is 2 companies making these scooters. A while back went to a local shop to inspect one. The I saw was a bit lower and had 12" wheels.
First off I'm not promoting these. I'm just telling "my experience" with this scooter in my possession.
I spoke to a good friend about these awhile back. They use to sell them at his shop. He told me there was no room for improvement. Plus the chassis isn't that good. I told him about the 2 different companies make them. I also told him about the one I have. That the chassis and suspension is great. So I guess it boils down to what day and batch was produced...lol
Now I'm not really a street riding person. But I am considering getting this registered as a custom build. However I am more than likely building this to be a trackday fun bike.

I have selected a motor and swingarm. Also possibly some 14 or 15" rims to use for this transformation. I'm not saying what motor and swingarm setup. It could change do to the nature of the build. I will say this though the completed bike will go over the 100mph mark.
I'm excited about this project. Because I believe this bike will be good. To use on kart tracks and be able to use it on a full-sized track for fun.
My final note, this thing is over 200lbs. It is not as nimble and agile as the mids. In its current state. The motor I'm leaning towards. Will give this bike great power to weight ratio. So she will be good to go.
swheels is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016 Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
At first I wasn't gonna post up anything about this. 1 I didn't know where to post it. 2 There's no category for scooters...
I decided to because I will be modding and converting it. It will no longer be classified as a scooter when I'm through.
So I picked this up about a week a more ago. I bought it to get the fairings. Then I started to really look at it. The chassis actually seems really strong! A tradition style twin spar chassis. Large enough to fit a really nice engine....lol
So I decided to get this thing running. I had to ride in order to know what I'm working with. I got it running took it for a ride. I was blown away! It actually had good suspension that works. No Pogo sticking plus this thing was very stable. It had the feel of a full size bike. I fell in love with it.....lol At some point I started to order some go fast parts for the motor....lol Then I had to remind myself, that my over all goal. Is gonna be a much better reward...
As you can see from the pic this thing is pretty big. But there is 2 companies making these scooters. A while back went to a local shop to inspect one. The I saw was a bit lower and had 12" wheels.
First off I'm not promoting these. I'm just telling "my experience" with this scooter in my possession.
I spoke to a good friend about these awhile back. They use to sell them at his shop. He told me there was no room for improvement. Plus the chassis isn't that good. I told him about the 2 different companies make them. I also told him about the one I have. That the chassis and suspension is great. So I guess it boils down to what day and batch was produced...lol
Now I'm not really a street riding person. But I am considering getting this registered as a custom build. However I am more than likely building this to be a trackday fun bike.

I have selected a motor and swingarm. Also possibly some 14 or 15" rims to use for this transformation. I'm not saying what motor and swingarm setup. It could change do to the nature of the build. I will say this though the completed bike will go over the 100mph mark.
I'm excited about this project. Because I believe this bike will be good. To use on kart tracks and be able to use it on a full-sized track for fun.
My final note, this thing is over 200lbs. It is not as nimble and agile as the mids. In its current state. The motor I'm leaning towards. Will give this bike great power to weight ratio. So she will be good to go.
I don't know what happened to the pic. But here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0386_1481383781080.jpg (221.1 KB, 26 views)
swheels is offline  
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 17,856
Re: Yep still at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
I don't know what happened to the pic. But here it is.
Good to see and hear swheels....Im glad youre still having fun.........The scooter looks pretty cool...

Cant wait to see the build-up................Rock on swheels

Last edited by CAM2; 12-10-2016 at 04:50 PM.
CAM2 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
kray15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Age: 27
Posts: 1,237
Re: Yep still at it!

I thought about the possibilities one could do with this bike as I saw it on eBay. Cool project! What motor do you plan on using?

Drag that knee straight into the cone!
Banshee RSR
C1
kray15 is offline  
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016 Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Thanks Cam always good to see you and hear from you also..
I'm rounding up all the parts needed before I get started. Right now doing some research on 14" and 15" race tires. Which ever size has offers the best performance tire. Is gonna determine the size rims I choose.
swheels is offline  
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016 Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
To honest I haven't 100% decided on the motor. Only because I wanna make sure I can still go to kart tracks. Not to compete but just to practice. I believe some tracks have cc limits do to insurance.
I'm strongly looking at a couple of 250cc twin cylinder 4strokes. Stock HP rating a little over 29hp. I think that should be perfect for this bike. Also a yzf r3 motor, the weight of the motor is a bit of concern though. Then the yzf 450cc single cyl. That would be another great choice. Good power plus weighs less than all the others.
swheels is offline  
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
kray15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Age: 27
Posts: 1,237
Re: Yep still at it!

Have you looked into a crf150r motor? Its an incredibly well engineered motor. Small but puts out 21-22 hp. The crf150r bike has roughly the same power to weight ratio as the crf450r. Might be hard to get your hands on though.

Drag that knee straight into the cone!
Banshee RSR
C1
kray15 is offline  
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016 Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kray15 View Post
Have you looked into a crf150r motor? Its an incredibly well engineered motor. Small but puts out 21-22 hp. The crf150r bike has roughly the same power to weight ratio as the crf450r. Might be hard to get your hands on though.
The crf 150r has crossed my mind. I figured since there's a lot of room in this chassis. Plus it the chassis seems to be strong. That I'd go big as possible and with in reasonable costs.
Also if I decided to take out on full-sized track. I wanna have a little bit of fun..
swheels is offline  
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016 Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Also if I do get plated as a custom build. I wanna make sure keeping up with traffic is no problem. Where I live now is right off of a major route. People drive well over the speed limits 70mph and up.
swheels is offline  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 17,856
Re: Yep still at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Also if I do get plated as a custom build. I wanna make sure keeping up with traffic is no problem. Where I live now is right off of a major route. People drive well over the speed limits 70mph and up.

I know you love the midbikes,,superbikes and other midsized bikes but in the case of your last statement have you considered getting a real streetbike ?

Not that Im saying that real streetbikes are safer because I just had a friend killed by a girl running a stop sign while texting a week ago but they do have the get up n go aswell as better visibility for the street not to mention the westhampton track used to have streetbike race classes from 250-600cc........Maybe by you too..

Right now Im in the second phase in bringing the GSXR1000 back to life...The bottomend is built to spin 20k+ without kicking a rod...........

Third phase is getting the custom camshaft and adding a ProCharger but gotta sell off some projects to make it happen alot quicker since my last accident in the CX5 Im still bouncing back from.......Im looking to punch the 250hp and 250mph mark on a non stretched crotchrocket....LOL

Last edited by CAM2; 12-12-2016 at 03:07 PM.
CAM2 is online now  
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016 Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Also if I do get plated as a custom build. I wanna make sure keeping up with traffic is no problem. Where I live now is right off of a major route. People drive well over the speed limits 70mph and up.

I know you love the midbikes,,superbikes and other midsized bikes but in the case of your last statement have you considered getting a real streetbike ?

Not that Im saying that real streetbikes are safer because I just had a friend killed by a girl running a stop sign while texting a week ago but they do have the get up n go aswell as better visibility for the street not to mention the westhampton track used to have streetbike race classes from 250-600cc........Maybe by you too..

Right now Im in the second phase in bringing the GSXR1000 back to life...The bottomend is built to spin 20k+ without kicking a rod...........

Third phase is getting the custom camshaft and adding a ProCharger but gotta sell off some projects to make it happen alot quicker since my last accident in the CX5 Im still bouncing back from.......Im looking to punch the 250hp and 250mph mark on a non stretched crotchrocket....LOL
Oh yes all the time everytime.... The main reason I don't. I know the chances of me ending up seriously hurt. Definitely will increase since every time I see a turn. It looks like a track to me.......lol Hell I won't even get a fast car anymore.
The chances of me taking this bike out on the street is really very very low. I live in one of those snooty private communities. The roads in this place to me. Looks like one of the baddest mini track one could be on.lol
I will take some vids one day. The serious elevation changes,quick switch back section and sweeping uphill turns. It's unbelievable!
The only reason I didn't strip this thing down yet. Is because I'll take this thing for a ride. Through the section of road I use. It take me 10 to 15mins to get down to the gate/guard house in a car. I have a blast on this thing......lol


Love your project bro. Something like that for me. Is a signed death warrant.....lol I have no discipline when it comes to power and speed. The car I drive goes from 0 to 60 in about 2 days....lol
swheels is offline  
EPR
Outlaw
 
EPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 21,511
Re: Yep still at it!

swheels, keeping the dream alive, keep on truckin dude, lol. CAM2, sorry to hear the bad news, lost two close high school friends on motorcycles, they turn left and then say, I didn't see you, Sad. Smarts phones and cars don't mix, its an accident looking for a place to happen. I still have his 900 Kawasaki engine, he wanted to be buried with his motorcycle, but they won't allow that. Late some night going to put the engine next to his head stone.

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 17,856
Re: Yep still at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Oh yes all the time everytime.... The main reason I don't. I know the chances of me ending up seriously hurt. Definitely will increase since every time I see a turn. It looks like a track to me.......lol Hell I won't even get a fast car anymore.
The chances of me taking this bike out on the street is really very very low. I live in one of those snooty private communities. The roads in this place to me. Looks like one of the baddest mini track one could be on.lol
I will take some vids one day. The serious elevation changes,quick switch back section and sweeping uphill turns. It's unbelievable!
The only reason I didn't strip this thing down yet. Is because I'll take this thing for a ride. Through the section of road I use. It take me 10 to 15mins to get down to the gate/guard house in a car. I have a blast on this thing......lol


Love your project bro. Something like that for me. Is a signed death warrant.....lol I have no discipline when it comes to power and speed. The car I drive goes from 0 to 60 in about 2 days....lol
LOL....Thats quite a car....That bike looks like a blast to ride....When I first saw one I was like holy sheezle somebody melded a superbike to a GY6 scooter.........LOL

Some years back I was looking into those 125cc and 250cc Phoenix bikes but for $800.00 got myself a 250 Ninja instead....It was a bit more fun after being modified but didnt stick around long.....LOL

Discipline is definately a key to staying alive on two wheels but to me I cant ever get fast enough........
CAM2 is online now  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 17,856
Re: Yep still at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
swheels, keeping the dream alive, keep on truckin dude, lol. CAM2, sorry to hear the bad news, lost two close high school friends on motorcycles, they turn left and then say, I didn't see you, Sad. Smarts phones and cars don't mix, its an accident looking for a place to happen. I still have his 900 Kawasaki engine, he wanted to be buried with his motorcycle, but they won't allow that. Late some night going to put the engine next to his head stone.
Whats crazy was he died instantly and the girl showed no emotion.........

Ill bet when she has her day in court tears are gonna flow like the river Nile.......
CAM2 is online now  
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Re: Yep still at it!

Sorry to hear about you guys lost. That's never a good thing especially when it's no fault of their own.

Yes epr I've been trying to and had plan to get away. After I finished up the last 2 bikes.....lol came across this thing for peanuts. I only wanted it for the fairings.... Then I seen much more potential than I could've gotten out of the mids.

Yep Cam I remember the Phoenix line of bikes. I wanted to get my hands on one also.... Passed on it wish I didn't though. This thing is about the same size or a little bigger.
It's definitely bigger than the ysr's and metrakits. I took some pics for some size references. The smaller bike in the pic. Is a little bit bigger than a ysr. An inch taller seat height and longer wheelbase. It doesn't look like it do the the smaller wheels and x18 seat/tank section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0394.jpg (474.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0393.jpg (518.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0392.jpg (515.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0391.jpg (465.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0390.jpg (497.3 KB, 18 views)

I'm a young man trapped in a old man's body.But i guess some people would call that immature.
swheels is offline  
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
EPR
Outlaw
 
EPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 21,511
Re: Yep still at it!

Holy Cow, looks like my place, pocket bikes everywhere, lol. I still see my favorite, the all alum frame w/ gold upside down forks., super pocket bike.

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
Holy Cow, looks like my place, pocket bikes everywhere, lol. I still see my favorite, the all alum frame w/ gold upside down forks., super pocket bike.
Yeah I couldn't wait to get my hands on that chassis.... Then I was all psyched up to build it. Then the next shiny thing I got my hands on. I put the alu trellis chassis build on the back burner.....lol
swheels is offline  
post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
EPR
Outlaw
 
EPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 21,511
Re: Yep still at it!

Sounds like me, I get started on one project, which gets stalled by a bunch of new projects, lol. I got to finish some and sale some stuff so I can build another one, lol.

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 17,856
Re: Yep still at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Yeah I couldn't wait to get my hands on that chassis.... Then I was all psyched up to build it. Then the next shiny thing I got my hands on. I put the alu trellis chassis build on the back burner.....lol
I have many projects on the back burners of quite a few stoves.....LOL

It only took me 22 years to pull out and finish the build of my 85 Virago 1100...Not what I envisioned but a quick sale nonetheless....LOL...

Alls I know is I stopped the build of my Diablo kit car 15 years ago in 2001 and after the GSXR1000 project its definately next..Then my Triumph.


Last edited by CAM2; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:11 AM.
CAM2 is online now  
post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
swheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,775
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Yeah I couldn't wait to get my hands on that chassis.... Then I was all psyched up to build it. Then the next shiny thing I got my hands on. I put the alu trellis chassis build on the back burner.....lol
I have many projects on the back burners of quite a few stoves.....LOL

It only took me 22 years to pull out and finish the build of my 85 Virago 1100...Not what I envisioned but a quick sale nonetheless....LOL...

Alls I know is I stopped the build of my Diablo kit car 15 years ago in 2001 and after the GSXR1000 project its definately next..Then my Triumph.

Nice! Whew well I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this!...lol
Hey I came across this motor.lol it's a twin cyl liquid cooled 600cc motor from a scooter....lol rated at 50hp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20161217-155423_1_1482067060490.jpg (115.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20161217-155405_1_1482067093105.jpg (97.9 KB, 11 views)
swheels is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome