Hey. this is my first post and I tried to post it in the mini Mini Chopper up for about $250.00 and it needs plenty of work and I have a laundry list of the things it needs.
1. The Hydraulic Disc brakes do absolutely nothing. The hand lever is loose. I have never used hydraulic disc brakes so im not sure if that's what happens if there is no brake fluid or if it is broken. The same with the rear brake which is applied by a foot lever. That also does absolutely nothing and seems loose like there is no brake fluid. So is that a symptom if there is not fluid or extremely low?
#2. Both of the tubeless tires need to be inflated but they will not inflate. I tried tying a rope around the tire but that didn't work.
3. I tested for spark after I installed a new ignition and it was showing a very strong spark so I tried to start her up and nothing so I figured it was the carb so I opened that up and it was the dirtiest carb me and probably you have ever seen. Everything inside looked very corroded and nasty. It was full of corrosion debris (vert dry and stale, not wet at all) so I attempted to clean it out just to see if I can get it clean enough for the engine to start. The engine did not start and actually did not even turn over when I put the carb back on. It seems the engine is seized now for some reason so I temporarily halted my efforts in the restoration project.
4. My chain is very rusted so im wondering, would a #41 chain work as a good replacement? I prefer it on my motorized bikes but just curious if anyone knows if it will fit the mini chopper.
5. Are there any good videos on how to make a double leg kick stand for the mini chopper?
6. Also, I was trying to determine what the buttons are on the left hand side. One is a on and off switch and just below it is a small black button. (I know the yellow on one on the right hand size is a kill switch)
7. where can I find the same speedometer that is on there? (will get a better picture up soon)
8. I did not have a key for the gas tank so I had to rip that one off. Where can I find a replacement to weld on there?
9. Whats the best way to clean the rust from inside the tank?
10.whats the best way to clean the inside of the engine if there is corrosion inside? (I think its going to look similar to the old carb...hopefully not)
11. I already ordered the new carb replacement and it's the same one except when I measured the old one, the opening where the carb is mounted was approx 15.5mm and the new carb is supposedly 20mm. Will this be an issue where I have to rejet or it not even work because its too big?
12. I will try to post some good pictures and possibly an illustration video for the brakes.
13. Potentially Bad luck
14. Thats all for now. If I can think of more, I will edit or add to it as the list gets smaller.