New to the pocket bike world - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
New to the pocket bike world

Thanks for the add! I've recently picked up an x2 pocket bike roller. Everything electrical has been stripped from the bike, so it'll be a while before I can hear her run. I'm excited to get it on the road, hopefully sooner than later.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
Thanks for the add! I've recently picked up an x2 pocket bike roller. Everything electrical has been stripped from the bike, so it'll be a while before I can hear her run. I'm excited to get it on the road, hopefully sooner than later.
Welcome to the site.....An X2 isnt a complicated machine....you dont need any wiring to get it running....The wiring is for the electric starter and the charging system aswell as lighting and which is more of a novelty because the generator/starter combo doesnt last very long......the main thing pertinent is the killswitch to shut it down and the pushbutton on the throttle can be utilized to kill the engine ..........

If you notice the engine is the same thing as a weedeater or backpack blower....just pull and it will run aslong as the two wires coming from the coil arent touching and the coil isnt fried from 12volts being powered into it plus the carb is good and hooked up right also good compression....

Id check it for spark with the pullstarter and give it a compression test as a couple X1's and 1 X2 I bought over the years had completely toasted topends and 1 had loose cylinderhead base screws..

If you dont get atleast 80psi get a new topend,,,theyre cheap...Like $30 bux...

Good Luck

Last edited by CAM2; 01-18-2017 at 01:08 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #3 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
Thanks for the information regarding my bike. It seems to have good compression but it has been sitting for a while so I'm sure the carb will need to be cleaned before it'll run decent. I've ordered a wire harness, solenoid, battery, regulator, and pull starter to get it back to a more original setup. I'm having trouble distinguishing the correct cdi for it though. I believe it is a 5 pin but I'm not sure what the difference between 2 and 4 stroke 5 pin cdi setups? Any information on them would be appreciated.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
Thanks for the information regarding my bike. It seems to have good compression but it has been sitting for a while so I'm sure the carb will need to be cleaned before it'll run decent. I've ordered a wire harness, solenoid, battery, regulator, and pull starter to get it back to a more original setup. I'm having trouble distinguishing the correct cdi for it though. I believe it is a 5 pin but I'm not sure what the difference between 2 and 4 stroke 5 pin cdi setups? Any information on them would be appreciated.
Original adds weight and bone stock an X2 hits only 32mph if it is indeed an X2 with belt driven CVT transmission and not a 43cc X1 with chaindriven trans....

The bike doesnt have a CDI....Youre looking for a 4 pin rectifier for the charging system....I think youre also missing the 4 wire keyswitch


Before I spent all that loot I would of got it running by jumping the starter motor direct getting the engine running first to see if theres any power being generated because those starter/generator combos arent ten bux....

To get them faster with more takeoff power removing all the wiring and gutting the e-starter is one of the mods so I hope you dont want to upgrade it....LOL



X1



X1 transmission



X2



X2 Transmission


Last edited by CAM2; 01-18-2017 at 01:51 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #5 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
I forgot, I did order the key switch, fuse, charger module. It is an x2. It has the cvt transmission, just needs the cover.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
post #6 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
***pdate* I sprayed some starting fluid in the carb, and she popped right off.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
***pdate* I sprayed some starting fluid in the carb, and she popped right off.
So did you just get a reaction or is it running?...Its a good sign as a start either way but a huge plus if its running..

How stretched and thinned out is the trans belt?
CAM2 is offline  
post #8 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
The fuel lines and tank aren't hooked up, so it only ran til the fluid burned up. The belt seems a little loose and stretched out. It will probably need to be replaced before it gets ridden for an extended period. I appreciate all the feedback, man. Thanks for spittin some knowledge at a newbie.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
The fuel lines and tank aren't hooked up, so it only ran til the fluid burned up. The belt seems a little loose and stretched out. It will probably need to be replaced before it gets ridden for an extended period. I appreciate all the feedback, man. Thanks for spittin some knowledge at a newbie.
No problem......The way those transmissions work is this....


If you look at the way the belt sits now the belt going around the forward sheave is alot less compared to how it sits on the rear sheave............

As the bike accelerates the roller weights inside the power sheave housing of the CVT transmission applies pressure from centrifugal force to the pressure plate which squeezes side pressure on the belt to ride towards the outside of the power sheave and at the same time the drive sheave in the rear of the trans splits in half and allows the belt to variate or swap positions to give the bike a higher topend speed.................

Good Luck

Last edited by CAM2; 01-18-2017 at 09:23 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #10 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
Excellent explanation! I have since been able to hook up the fuel lines and replace the primer bulb. It started right up. It still needs the carburetor cleaned to run good, but runs none the less. Thanks again for all of the useful information, I do appreciate it.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
Excellent explanation! I have since been able to hook up the fuel lines and replace the primer bulb. It started right up. It still needs the carburetor cleaned to run good, but runs none the less. Thanks again for all of the useful information, I do appreciate it.
The pumper diaphragm is probably deformed a lil ...thy run forever like that

Lots of people dont know and havent known up to maybe 5 years ago when I discovered the Lowspeed adjustment screw on those pumper carbs....

Youll only see 2 visually.........The idlespeed adjustment and the fuel rate adjust screw............The lowspeed needle adjustment is kinda hidden,,

As the barrel rotates it raises up too.....At the top is a tapered needle that fits into the emulsifier tube......The needle is adjustable to control idle and off idle all the way to WOT too and the way to finetune the topend outcome it is to adjust the fuel rate screw then readjust the LSN aswell as the idle screw if needed.........

The adjustment screw for the LSN is inside the center of top slotted brass screw in the rotator...



You need a tiny slotted jewelers screwdriver to adjust it............

Heres a crappy vid I made


Last edited by CAM2; 01-18-2017 at 11:20 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
Excellent explanation! I have since been able to hook up the fuel lines and replace the primer bulb. It started right up. It still needs the carburetor cleaned to run good, but runs none the less. Thanks again for all of the useful information, I do appreciate it.
Oh and Great job getting it on its way to pounding the pavement once again....

Another thingI forgot to cover is the in-tank fuel filter/ clunker weight.....

Its made of pourous stone and discintigrates aswell as gumms up....

They sell brand new fuelline kits with brand new clunker and tank bung at homedepot

Get a new sparkplug too................NGK BPM6A

Last edited by CAM2; 01-18-2017 at 11:26 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #13 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
I had no idea about the hidden adjustment screw, that information is going to help me out today. I plan on taking the carburetor off and giving it a good cleaning. I have a spare carb that I removed from a 33cc zooma scooter, so hopefully between the two of them I'll have everything needed to get her running decent. I also had a new set of fuel lines with the fuel filter on it, but it is a plastic filter that I purchased for the scooter as well. I'll keep you posted on any progress made. Thanks again.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
I had no idea about the hidden adjustment screw, that information is going to help me out today. I plan on taking the carburetor off and giving it a good cleaning. I have a spare carb that I removed from a 33cc zooma scooter, so hopefully between the two of them I'll have everything needed to get her running decent. I also had a new set of fuel lines with the fuel filter on it, but it is a plastic filter that I purchased for the scooter as well. I'll keep you posted on any progress made. Thanks again.

Under the plastic part that houses the primer bulb is a small strainer screen....

Make sure to be careful and not bend the pumper needle actuator lever...

I had one of those Zoomas...Found it half submerged in a creek and fixed it up.......LOL

The carbs on them are smaller than the 49cc engine...

]


Last edited by CAM2; 01-19-2017 at 11:19 AM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #15 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
Is the zooma carburetor physically smaller or just jetted different? I'm just going of of memory but they looked similar in size. I purchased a new carb for the scooter as well as a velocity stack and pod filter, and that is why I have the extra one. I posted the scooter locally on a couple different sites and have had a tremendous amount of interest in it. I picked it up as a small project without knowing anything about them.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
post #16 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
BTW that exhaust is gnarly!
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
Is the zooma carburetor physically smaller or just jetted different? I'm just going of of memory but they looked similar in size. I purchased a new carb for the scooter as well as a velocity stack and pod filter, and that is why I have the extra one. I posted the scooter locally on a couple different sites and have had a tremendous amount of interest in it. I picked it up as a small project without knowing anything about them.
The size of the venturi.....

If you think that exhaust is gnarly check this one out I made for my Homemade stand-up scooter..

Its a dual chamber rev pipe thats pretty quiet aswell as quite effective...............LOL

The Urban Punisher............






Last edited by CAM2; 01-19-2017 at 12:50 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
Re: New to the pocket bike world

That Zooma is a 13mm carb the 49 has a 15mm carb, CAM2 took one apart and hogged it out to 19mm w/ that tapered front opening. So, many things you can do to make more power w/ just hand tools and a Dremel. Here are two I made, the red head/chopped cyld Cag engine I sold new for $200, had way more labor than $200. The gold head engine I just finished, everything from the flywheel w/ rocket key to modified hp clutch, not sure how much compression buts its high. The top of the piston goes into the compression cap area, had to modify the piston to make it work. I would sell it for $250 shipped with 15mm stock pumper carb. I just put on a 16mm Walbro WT-813 carb on it, want $280 with the 813.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0572.JPG (511.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0573.JPG (501.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0548.JPG (500.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0549.JPG (487.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0550.JPG (466.1 KB, 21 views)

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....

Last edited by EPR; 01-19-2017 at 12:37 PM.
EPR is offline  
post #19 of 334 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017 Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 154
All of those machines look amazing! You guys obviously know what you're doing! If I had $280, I would definitely PayPal it to you immediately to have an awesome motor like that. Maybe in the future?
I do like seeing the the what you guys have done to your bikes, it definitely gets my imagination going.
ScreaminDemon is online now  
Call Evil and it Appears
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 47
Posts: 18,258
Re: New to the pocket bike world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon View Post
All of those machines look amazing! You guys obviously know what you're doing! If I had $280, I would definitely PayPal it to you immediately to have an awesome motor like that. Maybe in the future?
I do like seeing the the what you guys have done to your bikes, it definitely gets my imagination going.
I definately hear ya..Ive done and built quite a few off the wall and ridiculously crazy projects..

This is just some whip it together in a weekend or two kind of stuff.............












This one took a lil longer because theres a custom built chassis n a-arms built by me....28 days total....


Last edited by CAM2; 01-19-2017 at 04:23 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome