Pocketbike Forum banner

X7 wiring diagram

26K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  EPR 
#1 ·
I looked over alot of posts on here and didn't find anything showing a diagram of the x7 wiring, i recently got one handed down to me but the speedometer,front lights, and blinkers dont work. Anyone know where i can get a diagram for this bike? or have enough knowledge on x7's to maybe help me rewire it alittle.

Thanks

#2 ·
the x7 is the same wiring diagram for the x2,x3,x5,x6,x7,x8,x9 and the cateye ......all of the 2 strokes were the same wiring systems all except the x1 which some of them did not have all the lights that the others did.........i would rather buy a wiring harness for 25.00 new than take a chance of frying the system by accidentally touching the wrong wires together............

#3 · (Edited)
no such thing as a diagram for these bikes since the chinese have NO consistency to the color codes... The harneses change color from one side of the plug to the other and from bike to bike... All you can do is get a test light and start testing wires, my guess would be something came unplugged... Buying a new harness would be useless unless you got every wire for all the lights, controls ect as the chances of another harness plugging into all your connections is slim to none, somewhere there will be a different connector, it's like they wire each bike individually....

I rewire all our bikes so I know what is what and where.....

If you touch a hot wire to a ground all it will do is blow the fuse since everything electrical is run through that one fuse, you wont fry a harness unless you take the fuse out and shove foil or a screw in place of the fuse...These harnesses are not that suficticated, just confusing...

#5 ·
true but trying to figure out what goes where is the pain, nothing is color coded, when you rewire it yourself you know what goes where... It's an easy job plus you can wire in more than one fuse relays for higher watt bulbs, alarms, NOS, whatever you want to hook up...Thats just my thing when it comes to the nightmare wiring on these bikes..

#19 ·
I think X2-X7, 2 stroke wiring would work. Everything that gets power goes to ground after, like your lights, key, coil. All my bikes the green wires all go to ground, and most bikes have a bunch of green wires tied together, an is grounded to the frame w/ a bolt. Alot of hot wire stuff could come off the key switch, or voltage regulator. If the stuff on the bike has plugs and your new wiring has plugs, most are different, 2,3,4,5 and 6 wire plugs are common, for the stator and other things. Go to pocketbikeparts, or maybe scooterparts4less. Look at wiring diagram, find where the hot wire comes from on each part and do them 1 part, 1 wire at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.