Pocketbike Forum banner

Leaf Blower

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Mblough 
#1 ·
ok, i know this is a pocket bike forum but i have a question about a leaf blower engine and i know you gise know alot about engines so answer please. ok, i had the leaf blower for only like 3 days and all of a sudden it would never start and it started perfectly before. whats the problem?

*please dont delete forum*

#7 ·
kevin_king said:
ok, i know this is a pocket bike forum but i have a question about a leaf blower engine and i know you gise know alot about engines so answer please. ok, i had the leaf blower for only like 3 days and all of a sudden it would never start and it started perfectly before. whats the problem?

Well the therory is that if it has gas and spark it will run or at least start unless there is something mechanically wrong like a hole in the piston, broken key in the flywheel ect....check for spark, could be a fouled plug, if it has good blue spark try pouring an ounce of fuel in the carb, possibly the diaphram in the carb is bad..If those check out do a compression test, the piston may have a hole in it or the rings broke....This problem will be a process of elimintation..

#8 ·
kevin_king said:

well what i do when all else fails is put in on ground say a few profantities at it and start to kick it untill it starts..lol...

no seriously did you break the engine in properly. it usually says in the manual to use a certain mixture ratio for break in period and then change the ratio. most likely the piston is fried. take it back and get a new one. hope this helped.

#13 ·
hmmmm.well r u sure dat u got da rite mix? I work on Mowers weedeaters.etc. my blower had da same problem and it needed an idle ajustment.
Hope this helps

#16 ·
Oh, well you still might as well take it back. Just tell them it came that way, just like the rest of the lying public does. People used to bring me back dead fish when i worked at petsmart years ago, & try and tell me they came like that. Although im pretty sure i'd never bag up a dead fish for someone, But you'd be surprised what you can get away with as a consumer/customer. Not really any help, but still a messed up story. =)

#19 ·
derek920 said:
I think i might know what your problem is you have to plug it in to an outlet because cause you bot an electric one you got to plug it in man that will solve all your problems.
I'm pretty sure there isn't a leafblower that is both gas and electric, and if so I have never heard of it. And he stated earlier that it was gas, so plugging it in won't help. so I would ignore that response.

#20 ·
guys look at the dates on the posts before you yourself make a post. posting on this one was on the brink of grave digging (dead thread revival).

this thread is like a month and a half old. im sure by now the poster eiterh figured it out, sold it, or gave up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.