Pocketbike Forum banner

pocket bike wont start

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  mmor61 
#1 ·
k i used it in the rain and i got it 2 days ago, what do i do. is there a guide to clean the air filter?

#2 ·
I don't think is the problem of the air filter~! you used it in the rain....maybe water went into your engine when you was riding it~!

#8 ·
I am going crazy, it worked fine and now it deosnt, there is no water and I am sure of it.

after the engine break yesertday, i squeezeds the acceleration grip and we went about 60 - 65 km per hour, and now it wont even start. it did this morning, but then it slowly started to turn off..

please i need some help. is there a fluid u can use to clean the engine? now there is like oil mix on my engine and eveyrthing is a mess. the pocket bike is in the sun as we speak...

#15 ·
you rode it in the rain??? why i dont understand why you would do something like that is there not a stiker that say dont ride wen its wet out?? my bike has that. one time i was rideing my bike and it started to rain and all that happend was my handle bars got a lil rusty but that was an easy fix. all i needed for that was some steel wool

#17 ·
^^^-- True. None of the new kids ever seem to read the "For off-road use only" sticker ... sometimes even the bigger kids manage to miss that one, too.

#20 ·
C'mon now, I've ridden my cag and x-15 in rain, sleek and snow, since in my part of the world the weather doesnt give us any choice. But anyway I NEVER had any problems because of riding when its abit wet out, the bikes start to rust faster, and require abit more maintenance but thats it.. Unless you try to ride these things UNDER water they should be fine:D.
If you are worried about water getting into your engine, then you get a fully shielded air-filter and relocate it to mount higher of the ground, or come up with something clever to shield the air-filter from all the water thats on the ground and spraying of yer tires!:thumbsup:

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo42
dude ,who reads warning stickerz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
i read warning stikers.cause i dont wanna mess my bike up.its called being responsible!

Good comeback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.