Mini Moto 125cc - Page 2 - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes

Go Back   Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes > Pocketbike Tech Talk > Midbikes / Superbikes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About Us
Pocketbike Pictures Member Map Mark Forums Read

My $100 X15 Thread
Oldskoolturbo's x15 build
My custom built 110cc midbike
Custom 140cc x19
How-To: make your stock exhaust better
my x15 rebuild
x18 r nitro, x19 Cr Dominator or R32 interceptor, which is best
Who's Got The Fastest Superbike
x18 Marlboro Ducati build
My cateye, comments welcome

Old 01-05-2012
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS

Re: Mini Moto 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKR7 View Post
hello scott

ive noticed you mention honda a few times,,,funny thing is they do make road legal bikes of similar size

so does yamaha,suzuki,aprilla and most other brands

you would be better off buying a road legal pitbike than this junk

all these bikes use 4 stroke engines like the one in yours but of better quality

your going to spend near on $2000 for something thats just going to brake down or worse kill someone,,,,yes they do,,,wheels snap,frames snap there just death traps,,,ive seen some nasty stuff with these midibikes
I don't think I ever saw a roadlegal (pitbike) before could you link me to where one of these could be purchased perhaps as I would be interested in one that's road legal ready for usa

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2012
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnprelude View Post
I don't think I ever saw a roadlegal (pitbike) before could you link me to where one of these could be purchased perhaps as I would be interested in one that's road legal ready for usa
weve had them in the uk for years,,just type in 'road legal pitbike' on ebay

weve had honda pitbikes/monkey bikes for about 40 years,lol,,road legal

dax,,,z range etc etc

Old 01-05-2012
verified

Hey, if thats the case, show me the mid size Honda or Yamaha crotch rocket with a 125cc engine thats already street legal and I'm all aboard. By the way, the back tire is a 230/60-10. Thats sick. Its so wide, even I find it hard to turn. How will I ever fit a different tire. I suppose I would need a different rim correct. Well, how or where would I get one to match the front. I got a phone# (703-330-8883) for a dealer that handles this bike and is supposedly doing some upgrades to it. I will call them tomorrow and see what they know then I'll post. Now, does anyone know the trick to the front brakes? I can not get them to bleed for nothing, so I have no front brake pressure. Please respond. Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scotts 007.JPG (161.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg scotts 004.JPG (144.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg scotts 006.JPG (142.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Scott 029.JPG (157.6 KB, 6 views)

Old 01-05-2012
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdrumfish View Post
Hey, if thats the case, show me the mid size Honda or Yamaha crotch rocket with a 125cc engine thats already street legal and I'm all aboard. By the way, the back tire is a 230/60-10. Thats sick. Its so wide, even I find it hard to turn. How will I ever fit a different tire. I suppose I would need a different rim correct. Well, how or where would I get one to match the front. I got a phone# (703-330-8883) for a dealer that handles this bike and is supposedly doing some upgrades to it. I will call them tomorrow and see what they know then I'll post. Now, does anyone know the trick to the front brakes? I can not get them to bleed for nothing, so I have no front brake pressure. Please respond. Scott
if you want some better tyres and wheels you could have a look at fitting some yamaha ysr parts.

and brakes from a honda dax or z would perform well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha.jpg (54.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg honda.jpg (375.1 KB, 12 views)

Old 01-06-2012

The pistons may be stuck in the front caliper u may need to take them apart and file down the burs in the cylinder I would try using a hand vacume pump with resibior and hose first if you can get your hands on one

Old 01-06-2012

Quote:
weve had them in the uk for years,,just type in 'road legal pitbike' on ebay

weve had honda pitbikes/monkey bikes for about 40 years,lol,,road legal

dax,,,z range etc etc
Oh well than ya sure I can see that but here they need legal d o t lights or at least the lenses and must meet emissions requirements and pass a fed inspection to receive a legal plate on the bike so either way they would still need some work all together to get my x19 road legal here it cost me about 350 that's was only to pass the legality issues tho to make it what I consider safe was a lot more but those mods are what most people will do to thses bikes anyways like brakes suspension stiffen the frame ect ect thanks tho I just though I could buy one of these small bikes here in the us and plate it right out of the crate

Old 01-11-2012
verified

Yeak, thanks for all the input guys. I love that little Honda, but I have never seen one like it in the United States. Is that the 125cc which is a real Honda not the Chinese version. Dont get me wrong, the engine is the best part of this bike in my opinion and the Chinese are getting better at making stuff everyday, but none of us will be able to afford it if some better paying jobs do noy happen in the US. As for the brakes, I will take the front calipers off this weekend and see whats up. I still think its the master cylinder because wouldn't one side grab. Is it possible I pushed them too far in when I released the bleeder to reset the piston to fit the pads? Does the fluid just go in behind the piston? Hey, all comments welcome so pitch in. I also wonder why there is not many tracks for these around, like pay, sign waiver, ride by the hour, that would be cool. Probably a liability thing so no one will do it. At least in sorry South Mississippi. Scott

Old 01-12-2012

Ya same thing around here I've been trying to find a track to run on but they won't even let me run on cart tracks I found a abandon track near me about a mile from my home and I was working with the owner for a while and then he finnaly gave me the ok for $800 a month for two weekend a month use but what am I gonna do now it's winter lol google eath it the address is close to 2050 main st Tewksbury ma look around there and you will see it kinda small but better than nothing it used to be a small Indy cart go cart track called grand prix and we will c if I can still do it this spring

Old 01-30-2012
verified

Hey all, Anyone know if the clutch in these 125cc engines is the same as the old honda 125 three wheelers. The engine is based off of those old reliable motors, but are the parts interchangeable because after a couple of wheelies just seeing if it would which it did, I now have what appears to be a stretched clutch cable or a clutch that already broke or burnt or both. Please enlighten me guys. Let me know if honda parts fit these 125cc china honda replica motors, because now I have no clutch engagement. Scott

Old 01-31-2012
Outlaw

Why don't you just buy a China engine, whole clutch assembly for $30, there wet clutches have to use motorcycle oil made for wet clutches. PBU has racing clutches for around $200 or so. I would get a new assem. and see if you can beef up the springs.

Old 02-01-2012
verified

I figured out the clutch. It is a two piece cable that they routed wrong and did not assemble it in the middle causing a bind. Where do you buy the china parts if I need them. Scott

Old 02-02-2012
Outlaw

I get my parts everywhere, I have 2, 110cc 4 stroke engines, one is a dirt bike w/ front starter, and the X18 is a upper starter and the cases are different but the top end is the same. I start at pocketbike parts in Florida, The is a Motorpartsmax in California I got some stuff at a good price. Got 10, 12mm piston pin bearings for my FC crank engines on closeout for 10 cents each.
On eBay/motors/motorcycles, do a search like China 125cc dirt bike parts.

Old 03-13-2012
verified

Hello to all. Well, I hate to do it but this little rocket is now officially FOR SALE for $1,200. Anyone interested, please e-mail me. scottdrumfish@cableone.net This is less than what I have in it plus the time and labor to get it into nice running condition. Thanks

Old 03-14-2012
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

Quote:
hello scott

ive noticed you mention honda a few times,,,funny thing is they do make road legal bikes of similar size

so does yamaha,suzuki,aprilla and most other brands

you would be better off buying a road legal pitbike than this junk

all these bikes use 4 stroke engines like the one in yours but of better quality

your going to spend near on $2000 for something thats just going to brake down or worse kill someone,,,,yes they do,,,wheels snap,frames snap there just death traps,,,ive seen some nasty stuff with these midibikes
He will have just as much of a hard time registering the bikes you have mentioned also.

Funny thing though,all the things you've mentioned about the mids.Iv'e seen happen to the so called "better" quality bikes out on the race tracks.LOL Ysr's spraying the track down with oil,3 to 5k pocketbikes leaving a trail of parts all around the track.LOL Heck i've seen one guy chuck his 3k pocketbike up in the air. Because it kept breaking and he couldn't finish a race. My point is, depending on the user/abuser can and will break just about anything. And their first words are: all i did was,I didn't do anything or it just. The list goes on and on.LOL

Old 03-14-2012
Outlaw

You will be lucky to get $300, new the're $600, no resale on the bikes.