Pocketbike Forum banner

ADA 44mm Head kit preview

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  snowboardgeek1 
#1 ·
I received a 44mm head kit from ADA a few days ago. I finished the install today and I must say, the quality is top notch, which is what I would expect from ADA. Hopefully I'll be able to test this out as well as BAT's head kit on Sunday. I'll post up a detailed review as soon as possible (might be raining on Sunday).

As far as the install goes, it was pretty straightforward. Take out your stock head and piston, and slap on the ADA head kit. For the test I will be using ADA's 4 petal reed kit with a Dellorto 14/14 carb, with an initial jetting of 82. Pretty high? Well, I want to start out with a rich jetting just in case, to alleviate any detonation. I will also be using ADA's race pipe for the test.

What I first noticed when I initially installed the head kit, the squish was too high with just one base gasket. I was able to go with no base gasket and I achieved a squish of approx. .55. (I believe the solder I used to measure the squish was .032") The piston sits just 1-2mm above the floor of the exhaust port at BDC. I haven't started the engine but with just pulling the starter, the damn engine has so much freakin compression its crazy. I'm actually a little worried there might be too much compression lol.

Anyhow here are some pics for you guys to look at. If anyone has this headkit, please reply with whatever tips/tricks that you have and what your thoughts are on this product. Just from the initial installation of this product, I think ADA has another winner in their lineup of performance Cag parts.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.