Pocketbike Forum banner

Can anyone help me identify this mini dirt bike?

5K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  CAM2 
#1 ·
Someone is selling this mini dirtbike on craigslist and is asking $200 for it. He says it works just needs a new battery. Before I make the purchase, does anyone know the name of this bike and/or engine size? To more or less have an idea of what i'm gonna deal with if it needs extensive work done. Thanks a lot in advance guys really appreciate any help i can get.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a China- Honda clone midi dirt bike, with automatic transmission, ask him does it have a shifter?? Ask him what size engine it has, a new bike is about $400. $200?????
Could be 50cc to 110cc, can't tell from the photo??

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply EPR. He has no idea what size the engine is. I'll ask him about the shifter. He actually went down to $120 cash. He said he'd jump start it for me to show me it worked. What do u think? He told me his kid outgrew it and bought him a bigger bike so that one just stayed parked in the backyard got sun damage.

#5 ·
Those engines can take some abuse, electrical thats another story.

If you do decide to buy it, locktyte everything (same old story), and make sure all connectors are secured, wiring harness away from header/exhaust, or scrubbing etc.

Like I said, the engines are tanks, will last a lifetime, but you must take care of the electrical basics asap.

Good deal!

#10 ·
I don't know, but for $15, I would buy it for parts, the 4 wheels and tires used are worth 20 or $25 each, the China tires are $40 each new, engine cases are $30, so there is spare cases. get another bike with that 49cc piston port engine.

#11 ·
Thanks EPR. How much would one of these little motors cost me including carb & shipping for this little monster? Since u know all the reputable places where to get them. I'm real iffy about ordering from just anywhere. Can you recommend a website with good prices?

#12 · (Edited)
Did you buy it yet, some ones going to snap it up at that price, I would buy it but I'm in California, lol. First off, that is the first Mini Quad I have ever seen w/ a piston port engine. Usually its a reed port engine. If the cases & crank is good you could get a new piston & cyld kit for around $50, comes with rings and new pin bearing 7 gaskets. A new electric start 49cc engine w/ 5 to 1 trans, complete w/ carb and exhaust is about $130 shipped. Some people are selling the new 46cc engine w/ 42.7mm bore and not 44mm bore, it has 4 intake bolts and two 8mm studs for the exhaust the old 49cc has 2 intake bolts and two 6mm exh. studs. I bought my new engine as 49cc, did not know it had a 42.7mm bore and piston till I took the cyld off and put a Boosted306, ported head/cyld, and put it on my scooter. I have the 46cc parts in a box, there like new. I also have a red alloy head Hot Rod engine I made last year, w/ a 16mm Walbro WT-813 carb on a billet alum manifold w/ intake boost bottle.

Attachments

#13 ·
yeah i have it chained up to one of my window bars. hope no one jacks it from there. i live in an apt so i have no garage lol. Do u think the previous owner put that engine on there? Since it's the first time you see that engine in a mini quad? it looks very rusted and messed with, I just wish i knew half of what you guys know about motors so i could fix it. What would be the easiest route for a rookie like me to go with on this little monster? And how much for that engine? how difficult would it be to fit it in there?

#14 ·
Dude, I will help you out. You can post photos of parts and will see how much we can do without spending a lot of money. I have 17 small to large pocket bikes and a road legal 150cc China GY6 scooter. Have boxes of new engines and cylds & pistons etc.
This stuff is Caveman simple, lol. Do, you have a car port or somewhere to work?? Do you have any tools?? Are you telling me you have it outside, chained to second story window bars?? Need to take it all apart down to the frame. Need to inspect and clean the frame, and paint it later. Start with the engine first, try to turn the transmission sprocket, then take it off the frame, and take it off, the clutch is bolted to the flywheel which is keyed to the end of the crankshaft. Take the carb and exhaust off the head/cylinder. If the engine turns over, put the piston down, look at the cyld walls, bring the piston. If it don't turn, take the 4 cyld base bolts off pull the cyld off the piston. Next need to look at the crank and rod and the bearings, is the crank good?? You need a round starter pawl on the other end of the crank w/ Moon plastic starter housing, about $15 for a set online.
Can you bring the engine or parts into your apt?? My wife just loves when I build a new engine on the kitchen table, lol.

#15 ·
I live on the first floor so it's not hanging from a building lol. Its covered only by a small porch roof, not enough room to work on it there though. its more like a walk-thru way. So it wont get sun damage just weather climate change damage/moister i guess. Yeah, i usually clear up the living room space and work on my stuff there, since it's tile not carpet, i can clean up when i'm done. Thats where i worked on my cateye. I have a lot of tools, car tools. I will start taking it apart on the weekend see where it goes. Thanks EPR

#16 ·
In winter I work in the kitchen and on the kitchen table, have covers for the table and floor. I even use my 2 table top drill presses, dremel, electric drill and other tools indoors in Winter and it's easy to clean up the mess. Well, we have all Winter, I have a lot to do, lol.

#17 ·
Right now the weather's really bad down here, it's wet and cold. Wish i had a gargage. Only thing i hate about working inside are the exhaust fumes so i cant really test it without taking it outside lol. I'm gonna start taking it apart tomorrow after the mississipi vs alabama game. hopefully get some work done before the mma fights. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Yeah, you have to start it outside. But it is easier when the engine has been indoors and warm before you try to start. I clean the parts outside and work on clean parts inside or new parts and engines. Acetone cleans alum pretty good, not good for paint and some plastics, lol.

#19 ·
Really, acetone? Thanks for the tip, i'm gonna use it. Right now i'm working on buying an x22 in running condition. The guy wants $300 but i'm not gonna offer more than $180. Cuz i saw some rust on the lower fork area from the pictures. Has all the plastics but looks like they kept it outside.

#21 ·
To me the real deal is AWESOME, it is sold on Dollar Tree and one can dillute it to whatever needs be. It cuts better than degreaser, and is non-toxic.

I wish it would be 50-60, its like having your own natural A/C. What really kills me is the gusts of wind which kicks the chill factor badly.

#22 · (Edited)
I use the LA's Totally Awesome degreaser too.........At a dollar a bottle you cant go wrong especially when its just as good as SprayNine and Simple Green....:thumbsup:

I hear ya about the wind gusts.Today we gotta block off all the openings in the soffits on the garage..The winds are gusting up to 40mph with a windclill of 35 degrees..

I restoked the wood stove up 35 mins ago and its already 72 degrees here in the garage but steadily climbing............:D...Before I restoked the stove it was 48 inside....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.