Rear suspension for YSR Racing! - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes

Go Back   Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes > Pocketbike Tech Talk > Midbikes / Superbikes > Derbi / Metrakit / NSR50R / YSR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About Us
Pocketbike Pictures Member Map Mark Forums Read

Project Bikes - Before / After shots and post mods on it!
YSR50 to YSR80 conversion.....
New CPI GTR 50 ...Hot new Entry
MetraKit bikes....from Spain
Your favorite 50cc bike....
YSR 90 Made in China
YSR vs. METRAKIT
imagine...
Post a picture of your 50!
Need help with RX50 (YSR50 engine)

Old 11-26-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

Rear suspension for YSR Racing!

Guys there's alternatives to the Fox Shock (no longer produced) and the Works Shocks for YSR racers. Kayaba (KYB) makes a shock for $220 dollars but it's pretty generic, and my favorite the YEC ($450, substantially more expensive). It has all of the Fox Shock options plus it's ride height adjustable.

I have a fox shock and a YEC, I weigh 232lbs and I swear by the YEC (it's on my TZM). I definitely think it's worth the cost. I've seen alot of people use the KYB but they change the spring. I have a KYB on my NSR and it's very different from the YSR version. The YSR version is pretty low tech compared to the NSR, but for the money it's better than stock.

Just a little info in case someone is looking into upgrading their suspension.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

Can you get these shocks (YEC) state side?

Tho' I doubt peeps would fork out the skrilla for this bling shock.........peeps here found it hard to even afford the Fox Shock......I know, we're cheap bastards over here

Funny thing is, my stock YSR racer is equiped with a Fox, my practice YSR has the OEM w/ 2 skateboard bushings stuffed between the springs ....even tho' I do have a Fox shock for this bike as well. With the bushings, the suspension feels nice and firm and I feel it tracks really well, and is why I haven't bothered installing the Fox.

So for those that can't afford the Works, Fox or alike, skate board bushings do wonders

Old 11-26-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

I can get them over no problem. I was checking around today and it seems as though the price may be coming down at the beginning of the year. The price may be close to the Fox Shock.

I used a TZM shock for awhile, it's a little taller than the YSR shock and worked pretty well. Then I bought a Fox, and it's never been raced (tank needs Kreem badly, and that stuff here is $60). I was going to by the KYB and the guys that race mainland were like it's trash, get this one (YEC). I've been hooked since.