Want to buy this pocket bike at autozone,Need Info on it - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes

Go Back   Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes > Pocketbike Tech Talk > Midbikes / Superbikes > 2Stroke Midbikes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About Us
Pocketbike Pictures Member Map Mark Forums Read

Pics of your midbikes
Top Speed & Mods to get there
x7 top speed!!
NEED Pocket bike 49cc engine diagram
a-nuter motor swap
Put down your top speed
Stop the confusion! - MidBike names and PICS -
Video
X7 REPSOL build
Who Says You Cant Turbo A 2 Troke?

Old 12-03-2004

Talking Want to buy this pocket bike at autozone,Need Info on it

I'm new to pocket bikes and looks very exciting,i quit paintball and sold all my stuff to get a pocket bike.Well i went to autozone and there was this pocket bike called "Terminator."Or GS 12 for $375.I am only allowed to buy a pocket bike local.I cant seem to search for it on the internet.So im asking experienced people here.I just wanna know,how fast it goes or the apoximent speed,is it lound,good for the price,and is it reliabel and have many accessory to upgrade it.I also wanna know if you can rev it,lol,i wanna ****-off the neibors.Can u put a air filter or a exaust kit on it?Thanx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-03-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

Please do not buy one they sell. They are complete junk and they have horible customer service they are telling people that buy them around here to not even bring it back to them if they have a problem. I have been servicing most of there bikes. Please perswade your parents or whom won`t let you but buy from a respectable dealer or sponsor here.

Nate

Old 12-03-2004

could u tell me the safest pocket bike online store to buy a cheap 1 from?and hopefully shipping is free and they exept Money order

Old 12-03-2004
PBP RACER

I can't recommend anything cheap, because you get what you pay for. I would talk to Nasty N8 if I were you, he can hook you up with a good L7 (removable swing arm).

Old 12-03-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

i can get you a good deal as well

Old 12-03-2004
www.extreme4strokes.com

Right on man, I am getting all the bikes from the Auto Zone up the street from me also, they have a sign that says do not bring it back here with any problems so they just send people to me. The "terminator" at Auto Zone is not even a pocket bike, that is a midbike, it is the commonly called Cateye model that is the worst bike out of all the choices out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Please do not buy one they sell. They are complete junk and they have horible customer service they are telling people that buy them around here to not even bring it back to them if they have a problem. I have been servicing most of there bikes. Please perswade your parents or whom won`t let you but buy from a respectable dealer or sponsor here.

Nate

Old 12-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartw
Right on man, I am getting all the bikes from the Auto Zone up the street from me also, they have a sign that says do not bring it back here with any problems so they just send people to me. The "terminator" at Auto Zone is not even a pocket bike, that is a midbike, it is the commonly called Cateye model that is the worst bike out of all the choices out there.
I really like the size of the Terminator,is there any other good pocket bike that size?

Old 12-03-2004
PBP RACER

you may want to check out the midi forum then...

Old 12-03-2004
www.extreme4strokes.com

pocket bikes by definition can't be over 30 inches wheelbase or have a suspension, that is not a pocket bike, it is a midbike, check the midbike forum for reviews of different bikes

Old 12-03-2004

thanx alot guyz!r there any midsized web sites?

Old 12-03-2004
www.extreme4strokes.com

click on the manufacturers section and click on midbikes on here

Old 12-03-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

i got the same bike form autozone, its the red white and blue one. i think its a great cag i havent had any problems at all with it. the only thing i didnt like about it was the have this little bar in front of the rear wheel and its hard to get to the carb, and need a special air filter, evan if your gonna run 1. over all it was a good buy maybe a little expensive compared to some of the good deals on ebay or other online factories

Old 12-04-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER

The Autozones in my city sell HF cags for 399 ( they might be a little cheaper...I havent been there in a few weeks) What a rip off !!!

My brother just got his brand new L7 cag on Ebay for 180 shipped. His bolts all seem to locktighted already with some white crap, and his upper forks are knurled at the top so the bars dont twist. Mine are smooth which sux, and i had to locktite the whole bike. I did replace 95 % of the bolts with hard allens though.

Old 12-04-2004
PBP RACER

If you wanna go fast and don't care about comfort or bling, get a cag. You can get the best deals buying online from some of the dealers in here or even ebay.

If you really want a midibike, the only one I'd recommend is the X7, it's fast and it looks way better than the X1 (the terminator one you're talking about). The X2 and X3 are faster cuz of the CVT transmission but the X7 has everybody beat when it comes to appearance. ebay item# 7112145918 (or search for X7 on ebay) shows a few good pics of the X7... and for less that autozone will rip you off for...

I'd still recommend the cag over the midibikes if you want better speed acceleration and (especially) handeling

Old 12-04-2004
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
PBP COUNCIL MEMBER

moved to midbike forum

Old 12-05-2004
PBP RACER

x7 thats i got to say

Old 12-06-2004

all the bikes from autozone come from w w w *** terminatorscooter *** com. I have the chopper and the cag from there. The cag was only 199, and the chopper is now 399 and the is the same as all the other half fairing models. I have had good luck with both. Their customer service is fine. If there is a problem, you can't just take it back to the store. You call the toll free number they give, if they can't resolve the problem over the phone, they give you a return authorization number that you bring with you when you return it to the store, and then they will either send it off for repair, or exchange it. How is that bad service? It is just stopping people from unreasonable returns after they trashed the product.

Old 04-27-2005

the pocket bikes from autozone are garbage i would try to persuade the parents to let you get 1 online/i got a pb from minipocketrockets.com and it is awesom it was a total of $238 they can get up to 40mph they are loud and if you put a hole in the exhaust it is even louder(LOL) yes you can rev em jus put it on the stand and torque that accelerator thats about all i can recommend

Old 04-27-2005
PBP RACER

I got my bike from byxe and they have excellent prices and customer service. my bike was damaged in shipping and they worked to resolve the issue within 10 mins of me e-mailing them pictures of the damaged plastics.

Old 04-27-2005
PBP RACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony
I'm new to pocket bikes and looks very exciting,i quit paintball and sold all my stuff to get a pocket bike.Well i went to autozone and there was this pocket bike called "Terminator."Or GS 12 for $375.I am only allowed to buy a pocket bike local.I cant seem to search for it on the internet.So im asking experienced people here.I just wanna know,how fast it goes or the apoximent speed,is it lound,good for the price,and is it reliabel and have many accessory to upgrade it.I also wanna know if you can rev it,lol,i wanna ****-off the neibors.Can u put a air filter or a exaust kit on it?Thanx
Hey Sony - I have the Terminator GS-12 Midbike that you're talking about. I didn't buy it from Autozone, but a guy at a local flea market that deals in them. I've found that it worked pretty well for cruising around, but it's not a racer. If you're just wanting to style, the CatEye is good, but not good for racing.

If you want to see some pictures, check my gallery under my avatar at the left for a comparison picture showing a Blata 2.5 (pocket bike) and the GS-12 (mid bike) side-by-side to see the size difference you will expect between a mid-bike and a cag. Notice the Blata has no extras at all, no headlights, horns, turn signals or anything so it's REALLY only for racing. I think the x7 has the bigger size you want, the various lights and a more powerful motor with CVT transmission that's better for racing.

Good luck,
--Kidd