PZ19 Carb Tuning - Page 2 - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes

Go Back   Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes > Pocketbike Tech Talk > Midbikes / Superbikes > 4Stroke Midbikes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About Us
Pocketbike Pictures Member Map Mark Forums Read

New 110cc X18 Super Pocket Bike Must Check Out!
Turbo Pocketbike
X18 Information Thread. Take A Look, Please.
x18 or x19
Imortal 110cc Problems need help
pheonix? full sized?
The X18-R Nitro Super Bike
Road_Clams X18 thread
110cc, 4 stroke, 4 speed pocketbike!!!
196cc cateye

Old 09-27-2012
Outlaw

Re: PZ19 Carb Tuning

Cam2 remember when they changed the diesel fuel, I was still in college getting a diesel certificate. I had my 10 wheel Kenworth w/ a Cummins turbo charged big bore. The new fuel was eating up the rubber seal in the fuel injection pumps, and the trucks were ready to kill the guy that made the fuel laws. Now, they are trying to make them pay $27,000 to add Smog stuff to there trucks,insane!!!
On the carbs, thats why like Cam2 I love Walbro carbs easy to rebuild and easy to keep in tune.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-28-2012
Ninja Racer

your supposed to tune a carb after it has warmed up to normal operating temp
the first thing to do is test the main jet, pilot jet, then the needle clip, then air fuel and idle
it also requires you to know what the bike is doing in certain ranges, idle, off idle to 1/4 throttle, 1/4 to 3/4 throttle and wide open throttle
the ethanol is killing carb jets, i used to be able to let my bike sit months without cleaning the carb, now its getting clogged in a few weeks
maybe if the gas was made of rice it would run correctly lol

Old 09-28-2012
Time for WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22master View Post
. Jetting is not a 'set it and forget it' thing.
Well said on that part,,Straight to the point ......................

To combat from always having to clean your carbs as often CRC makes an ethanol stabilizer you add to the fuel.........There are also drop in tank units that I use called FITCH... kit # F5T that lasts the lifetime of the bike and keeps the fuel refinery fresh............Ever since using the Fitch I havent had any carb problems the units are in.......On my F250 and 3500 series pickup trucks I have the Fitch inline units.......

Last edited by CAM2; 09-28-2012 at 01:05 PM..

Old 09-28-2012
Time for WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
Cam2 remember when they changed the diesel fuel, I was still in college getting a diesel certificate. I had my 10 wheel Kenworth w/ a Cummins turbo charged big bore. The new fuel was eating up the rubber seal in the fuel injection pumps, and the trucks were ready to kill the guy that made the fuel laws. Now, they are trying to make them pay $27,000 to add Smog stuff to there trucks,insane!!!
On the carbs, thats why like Cam2 I love Walbro carbs easy to rebuild and easy to keep in tune.
Oh I remember it well...It wreaked havok on my 6.9 turbo diesel flatbed I had then...Some very tedious and expensive fixes for me at that time.....I think the DIP costed me around $1600 and the total job almost $3gs with me doing it myself........

Old 09-29-2012
Outlaw

Thanks, going to have to look into that. Here in the rain forest the humitity is high even in the summer, so the Chinese metal wants to rust all the time,lol.

Old 11-08-2012
verified

I have a question regarding thosequotes if I just purchased a PC 19 rebuild kit if I rebuilt carburetor with all the supplies if hearts if I have the needle set on the leanest setting in the air fuel screw all the way in on my Carb and my bike is still running really rich is there anything else I can do??

Old 11-09-2012
Outlaw

Never heard of a stock PZ19 carb that is too rich, unless someone changed the main jet or you have an internal carb problem or something else is wrong.

Old 11-09-2012
verified

I changed the main jet to the main jet that came in the kit only thing that only thing that I didn't do was Dremel of the tab at the bottom of the fuel bowl so the float will be able how to go down a little farther and I'm getting good blow throug with my air tool for all of the hol with my air tool for all of the holes and openings in the carburetor I don't know what else to do I don't know what else to do other than to buy a brand new carburetor

Old 11-09-2012
Outlaw

If you too rich your float level could be to high and to much gas is going into the carb and into your engine.

Old 01-24-2013
verified

What is the default jet set for a the Mikuni 22mm carb?
Pilot? Main?

I have not increased any yet because my X19 Loncin 110cc bogs on full throttle so is it running too lean or too rich? Idle is fine and the bike boogies at 3/4 throttle.....

Ryan

Old 01-25-2013
Outlaw

There is no works for everything set up. You have a choke jet, pilot jet, and main jet, and the 5 slot clip on the piston needle to make adjustments. Most of the time I have trouble with the bike cutting out and stalling and not running, the pilot jet is clog full of the crap additives they put in your gas and when you let it sit along time the gas turns to gum and clogs the pilot jet. It's very small, .018" to .020"
As the air gets colder you need a bigger main jet.

Old 01-26-2013
verified

Noted, thanks EPR! Bike is new along with carb and idles/runs fine except at full throttle. If I recall correctly I left the pin in the middle slot as recommended by tbolt usa tech data.....

I might be too rich on the main jet :-)

Old 01-26-2013
Time for WHAT?

Its most likely too lean..If it was too rich the engine would surge and literally Chirp aswell as foul the plug......The best way to actually tell is to literally pull the plug to see if its black brown or white......

Have you tried adjusting the a/f mixture screw to tune it in...?Thats what theyre made for......

Try turning the a/f mix screw outwards 1/2 turn richer and see if that makes it run better.,,,If not turn it 1/2 back in plus 1/4 more......

If it does start to run better and it takes 1 full turn outwards[richer] to get it running good get a bigger pilot jet 1 size bigger..Good Luck

Last edited by CAM2; 01-26-2013 at 09:38 AM..

Old 01-27-2013
verified

Thumbs up Re: PZ19 Carb Tuning

Awesome thanks! Going with a bigger jet once I check the plug...I've tuned the a/f screw but doesn't seem to be enough....Thanks again!!

Old 05-31-2013

Okay so I have some similar issues to a point. I have a Baja 90cc quad and i just completely rebuilt the carb. I have been looking online for a tuning diagram, but I cannot seem to find one. To the point now, I can get the quad started but it has an extremely high idle and if you don't hold the break it will actually start to take off on you. Then when riding it and having it at about half throttle it tends to just bog down and has a bad smell to it. Any ideas?

Old 07-24-2013
verified

hi can you tell me where can i find the manual factory settings i have a daytona dvrs50cc 4stroke
my carburetor is denipz19, as i know

Old 07-24-2013
Outlaw

That's a big carb for a 50cc bike, my X18 110cc had a PZ19 from the factory. The 50s had a 16mm carb.

Old 07-24-2013
Time for WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAZ View Post
hi can you tell me where can i find the manual factory settings i have a daytona dvrs50cc 4stroke
my carburetor is denipz19, as i know
A 19 isnt too big for a 50cc as long as the carb is jetted right.....50's/70's90's and 110cc engines are built with E22 heads....My modded CRF70 had a 20mm carb.....It was jetted 40/85

Fuel/air adjustment screw is 2 full turns out

C-clip setting is middle notch[3rd]

Float setting is -10 degrees

pilot jet is # 38 factory

main jet is #73 factory

Last edited by CAM2; 07-24-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 07-25-2013
verified

Thanks, but i must say that when i turn the fuel/air screw at 2 turns out or 1 and a half or 2 and a half, the bike at 40 and at 50 kilometers per hour with 3rd or 4th gear sometimes does like it is going to stop and come up again very quickly, like back and forward, in steady throtle only.But it opens speed very well when i open throtle ,with out this symptoms like in steady throtle. I could say that it runs better with fuel/air screw at 1 or less turns out.
Some of our mechanics here say 2 turn out , other 1 and a half , other 2 and a falf and other say it doesn't matter the turns in or out, as far as it works better.
I dont know what to do.

Last edited by GLAZ; 07-25-2013 at 10:39 AM..

Old 07-27-2013
Time for WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAZ View Post
Thanks, but i must say that when i turn the fuel/air screw at 2 turns out or 1 and a half or 2 and a half, the bike at 40 and at 50 kilometers per hour with 3rd or 4th gear sometimes does like it is going to stop and come up again very quickly, like back and forward, in steady throtle only.But it opens speed very well when i open throtle ,with out this symptoms like in steady throtle. I could say that it runs better with fuel/air screw at 1 or less turns out.
Some of our mechanics here say 2 turn out , other 1 and a half , other 2 and a falf and other say it doesn't matter the turns in or out, as far as it works better.
I dont know what to do.
The guy that says it doesnt matter how far is half right.It kinda does matter..

If you have to adjust the carb more than 1 1/2 turns in either direction from factory setting to make the bike run right you need to rejet accordingly then start over from the factory preset after rejetting..............

Factory setting for starting over is 2 full turns out everytime.........

Id adjust the a/f adjust screw to 2 1/2 turns out and set the c-clip to the 4th notch............Id also do the float restrictor tab removal mod and upgrade the fuellines/fuelfilter to 1/4"................Good Luck

Last edited by CAM2; 07-27-2013 at 09:33 PM..