Electric or gas? - Page 2 - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
verified
 
x18driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 15
Re: Electric or gas?

for your electric use a brushless motor on lipo bateries and yes they do have insant torque that is good for wheelies and burnouts but gas will kill in the 1/4 mile
x18driver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Posts: 525
Images: 3
Send a message via AIM to mishka Send a message via MSN to mishka
Re: Electric or gas?

umm i would so with gas cuz they have more power, plus they will got about 30 like the x1 that i have !
mishka is offline  
verified
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 2
Re: Electric or gas?

Gas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Faster
suparacea is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 337
Re: Electric or gas?

electric's are better!

i do like gassers too but electrics are really nice for example you have to get about 1k of money invested to a gas bike to get it going around 35-45 mph
on the otherhand electric is very cheap for each 12v batterey is around $30 and you get a good 6-8mph gain for each batterys you got.

and look at hp ....... for a gas pocket bike to do 40mph you need about 8-10horse power. electrics can run under 1horsepower and get 30mph and maybe even around 40

and also there is very few problems with electrics
gassers you always got to have gass for the bikes, buy spark pugs, plus theres alout of different parts in the bike you also have to take care of
monster_123 is offline  
2 STROKER
 
mx3rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,118
Re: Electric or gas?

i LOVE gassers but i want to have an electric pocketbike that will absolutely haul azz and hook up some neons and headlights and go stunting in my back yard lol

'99 Suzuki RM250...hauls azz
project goped
parts goped
cag
mx3rider is offline  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 337
Re: Electric or gas?

lol hows that going by the way
monster_123 is offline  
PBP SENIOR MEMBER
 
bIkEinPoCkEt999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 26
Posts: 275
Send a message via AIM to bIkEinPoCkEt999
Re: Electric or gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_123 View Post
electric's are better!

i do like gassers too but electrics are really nice for example you have to get about 1k of money invested to a gas bike to get it going around 35-45 mph
on the otherhand electric is very cheap for each 12v batterey is around $30 and you get a good 6-8mph gain for each batterys you got.

and look at hp ....... for a gas pocket bike to do 40mph you need about 8-10horse power. electrics can run under 1horsepower and get 30mph and maybe even around 40

and also there is very few problems with electrics
gassers you always got to have gass for the bikes, buy spark pugs, plus theres alout of different parts in the bike you also have to take care of

are you serious? i recently bought a brand new c1 liquid cooled pocket bike from tsunamibike.com for 500 shipped to my door. it goes 37+ out of the box and makes about 7hp and with the addition of the $40 carb kit off daves motors it will be in the 8+ hp range and you can gear it to hit 50 and still have good mid power. and so what if you have to buy gas for it? id rather ride all day on a gallon of gas which costs about 2 bucks these days instead of getting about 1-2 hours of use on an electric bike and having to charge it all night and going into day. maintnence wise all i have to do is piston changes about once a season which is only $50. and eventually you will have to replace your batteries for electric bikes. plus cold weather kills the batterys when mine will just run better in cooler climate. i hardly ever have to buy spark plugs and there only $5 a peice. its very easy to maintain a gas bike...and the bike im talking about is a racing one at that...like i said for only 500 shipped brand new
bIkEinPoCkEt999 is offline  
Hooligan
 
SpyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,578
Images: 23
Re: Electric or gas?

Okay, I hear what Monster is saying, BUT you have to know what you're doing for an electric. If you're not good at electronics, there's a good chance you can and will screw something up. (Then again, I suppose the same could be said for modding a gasser, too.) For myself, i would choose gas over green.

"I'm going off the rails on a crazy train." - Ozzy Osbourne

Dear haters: Please be patient. I have so much more for you to be annoyed about.
SpyGuy is offline  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 337
Re: Electric or gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIkEinPoCkEt999 View Post
are you serious? i recently bought a brand new c1 liquid cooled pocket bike from tsunamibike.com for 500 shipped to my door. it goes 37+ out of the box and makes about 7hp and with the addition of the $40 carb kit off daves motors it will be in the 8+ hp range and you can gear it to hit 50 and still have good mid power. and so what if you have to buy gas for it? id rather ride all day on a gallon of gas which costs about 2 bucks these days instead of getting about 1-2 hours of use on an electric bike and having to charge it all night and going into day. maintnence wise all i have to do is piston changes about once a season which is only $50. and eventually you will have to replace your batteries for electric bikes. plus cold weather kills the batterys when mine will just run better in cooler climate. i hardly ever have to buy spark plugs and there only $5 a peice. its very easy to maintain a gas bike...and the bike im talking about is a racing one at that...like i said for only 500 shipped brand new
yea i know wat your saying.. im not trying to smack down gassers or anything but electrics and gas are really about the same... they each got stuff that each other doesnt.
there isnt really "wich one is better".
they both have there ups and downs. i just like eletrics myself
monster_123 is offline  
PBP RACER
 
NinjaSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 33
Posts: 56
Images: 7
Send a message via AIM to NinjaSquid Send a message via Yahoo to NinjaSquid
Re: Electric or gas?

*stirs pot*

gasser holds the top speed record.

Something witty and creative coming soon to a signature near you.
NinjaSquid is offline  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 337
Re: Electric or gas?

does anybody know the fastest electric pocket bike?

i think the gass pocket bike record is like aroud 60 somthing mph?
monster_123 is offline  
2 STROKER
 
mx3rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,118
Re: Electric or gas?

gas pocketbike record is around 50 -70 mph...

'99 Suzuki RM250...hauls azz
project goped
parts goped
cag
mx3rider is offline  
verified
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 39
Re: Electric or gas?

Guys, gas isn't faster. Electric isn't either, its the amount of time and money you put into a bike. If you have two bikes, one with an 4hp gas motor and one with a 4hp electric motor, the electric will smoke it, but it all depends on other parts. A bad controller will slow an electric down, like a bad carb or poor compression on a gasser. Dead batts are like running gas mixture to lean or thick. Don't hate on either, because both have their advantages and disadvantages. And for all those who say electrics are slow go to youtube and type in killacycle. 0-60 in less than a second, and it keeps going, or search for the marone moto electric x15, and find me a gasser that does 0-50 in less than 5 secs.
greene0594 is offline  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 337
Re: Electric or gas?

exactlty
monster_123 is offline  
PBP RACER
 
Kro0ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 84
Re: Electric or gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlasskel View Post
get one of each..........it works for me.....
haha ye 1 of each ftw
Kro0ks is offline  
verified
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 21
Re: Electric or gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schofell84 View Post
electrics have a huge advantage in the fact they have instantanious torque. just tryin to stir up some hate mail. haha
how long does it take gas bikes to accelerate
alexwannapocketbike is offline  
PBP RACER
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 74
Images: 2
Re: Electric or gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greene0594 View Post
Guys, gas isn't faster. Electric isn't either, its the amount of time and money you put into a bike....
Indeed...

Gas cost less but an electric bike can be much faster because the electric motor is smaller and lighter for the same amount of tork and an electric motor got instant full tork, if it's rated at 4HP, at 1rpm you got 4hp and at 2000rpm you got 4hp.
With good lithium battery you can get more than 1hrs of run time and 20min for a 80% charge to 1hrs for 100%, with 2 battery you got almost unlimited power.

If you dont mind spending more money when you buy the bike and charging battery go for electric, a full ride will cost about 2 to 3 where i live to charge. (Electricity in Montreal is very very cheap and gas is high right now, around 1.10$/L)

If you mind, go for gas.

Last edited by Stomper; 09-24-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Stomper is offline  
PBP RACER
 
CUL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 50
Images: 9
Re: Electric or gas?

No way would I get an electric pocket bike, I can walk faster than they're top speed, as a gas PB will go around 35mph or so and has a much larger variety of options
CUL8R is offline  
PBP RACER
 
CUL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 50
Images: 9
Re: Electric or gas?

when I first saw pocket bikes it was electric and as slow as heck, but when I saw gas ones I fell in love with them, and today I fly by electric ones on my raptor, so if your looking for something cheap and fun the cagllari is okay, and as for mine it gets about 3 hours of riding to a fill up, but the fill and mixture only cost me a $1 each time so get a gas one
CUL8R is offline  
Hooligan
 
SpyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,578
Images: 23
Re: Electric or gas?

Hey, CUL8R, you do know this thread's over four months old, right? Matter of fact, you were also the last one posting on it back then, too.

"I'm going off the rails on a crazy train." - Ozzy Osbourne

Dear haters: Please be patient. I have so much more for you to be annoyed about.
SpyGuy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Pocketbike Forums Replies Last Post
How to Make High Octane Gas badazztoyz.com Air Cooled Pocketbike How-To's 6 08-12-2009 08:31 PM
electric or gas (no arguing) outlawcry7 Chat 1 02-21-2007 08:16 PM
What do I need to convert my gas C1 in electric ? aureliencomte Electric Pocketbikes 16 12-08-2005 03:35 PM
my neighbor cant decide gopeder123 Electric Pocketbikes 31 10-14-2005 03:34 PM
Fix Electric Pocket Bike Help! Please! PocketBikeRyda Electric Pocketbikes 7 05-25-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome