This thing...,...,... - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
This thing...,...,...

As some of you already know, I bought one of these JSPOS (junk $hit, POS) GP-RSRs from MPR.
Today I took the bike out, per usual to go ride the neighborhood school parking lot/playground (it's a seriously good makeshift track & 2 pretty cool configurations!). So the bike all of a sudden starts making this horrendous vibrating sound. I stop and look over the bike real fast, pick up the rear wheel & it didn't do it. It wasn't a good noise so I decided it's time to go back home so I could see WTH is going on. I had to go about 5 blocks to my house & I wasn't pushing a little bike with my race suit & stuff on (F that!). The bike had stopped making the noise, but about halfway to my house it's back again & continued until I got home. I get in the gate and shut the bike off. Go in and take my suit off, change & go right back out. Went to pull the pull starter & I was simply pulling the spring/reel. I throw the bike up on the work bench cause "no big deal, the pull start is messed up". Not so fast, cause the pawl that was threaded onto the crank shaft is stripped all to hell, so are the 1st couple of threads on the shaft.
Yes, I know I can run a die over the shaft to fix it and find a new pawl. Problem is, a pawl from what? This isn't that diagonal split engine that everyone has posted about here. Its a Luyuan 40cc weird little POS (I'll post some pictures, cause you've got to see this stupid thing).
Anyway, I don't really want to fix it. I'd prefer to find an engine to swap out & I'm thinking GX50 (not the GXH). I however can't find the mounting pattern for the GX35/GX50 engines (I guess they're interchangeable mounting wise). Or just chalk this whole thing up and order a Polini 911, 40cc, H20 from midsouthminimoto & call it a day.
I have enjoyed getting to ride this thing everyday & I'd like to continue to do just that. I however do not like the fact that I can't even find this Luyuan 40cc 4 stroker anywhere, so I definitely can't find parts for it. Also, the engine mounting plate on this bike is very small and curves up on the rider's right side. The cover for the pull start bolts through the mounting plate and into the engine's mounting holes. So I took measurements to see if I could for sure fit an elcheapo 2 stroke on there & NOPE! I'm at the point of it's either a simple engine swap or I"m just going to get myself a new "I already like it & it's a good bike". I'm not going to pour hours of customizing a $300.00 bike so I can ride it again. I'd seriously like to have something way better.
Like I said, I'll take some pictures and post them up of this Luyuan abortion 40cc 4 stroke engine for you guys.
Other than that, if any of you guys have a good bike you'd like to part ways with, I'm looking.
MiniPilot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
 
MrKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 39
Posts: 1,598
Garage
ok that means you have this one then its extra special 🙂
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutaway1_1571888137970.jpg (90.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (1)_1571888209883.jpg (394.4 KB, 9 views)

Faster then a speeding E Revo

Last edited by MrKitty; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:38 PM.
MrKitty is online now  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKitty View Post
ok that means you have this one then its extra special 🙂
That looks pretty much just like it. The “cutaway” picture looks just like it, except for my valves are on the other side. Also, there’s no sticker on my pull start, the rider’s left side of the engine cover does have a “name plate” on it.
Is that your bike? Just curious.
I think that the engine looks really similar to a GX engine, even though I can’t find a picture of a GX without the gas tank mounted underneath it. Most of all, I think it’s a copy of a GX25, but I’m not 100% on that.

Last edited by MiniPilot; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:36 AM.
MiniPilot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,140
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniPilot View Post
As some of you already know, I bought one of these JSPOS (junk $hit, POS) GP-RSRs from MPR.
Today I took the bike out, per usual to go ride the neighborhood school parking lot/playground (it's a seriously good makeshift track & 2 pretty cool configurations!). So the bike all of a sudden starts making this horrendous vibrating sound. I stop and look over the bike real fast, pick up the rear wheel & it didn't do it. It wasn't a good noise so I decided it's time to go back home so I could see WTH is going on. I had to go about 5 blocks to my house & I wasn't pushing a little bike with my race suit & stuff on (F that!). The bike had stopped making the noise, but about halfway to my house it's back again & continued until I got home. I get in the gate and shut the bike off. Go in and take my suit off, change & go right back out. Went to pull the pull starter & I was simply pulling the spring/reel. I throw the bike up on the work bench cause "no big deal, the pull start is messed up". Not so fast, cause the pawl that was threaded onto the crank shaft is stripped all to hell, so are the 1st couple of threads on the shaft.
Yes, I know I can run a die over the shaft to fix it and find a new pawl. Problem is, a pawl from what? This isn't that diagonal split engine that everyone has posted about here. Its a Luyuan 40cc weird little POS (I'll post some pictures, cause you've got to see this stupid thing).
Anyway, I don't really want to fix it. I'd prefer to find an engine to swap out & I'm thinking GX50 (not the GXH). I however can't find the mounting pattern for the GX35/GX50 engines (I guess they're interchangeable mounting wise). Or just chalk this whole thing up and order a Polini 911, 40cc, H20 from midsouthminimoto & call it a day.
I have enjoyed getting to ride this thing everyday & I'd like to continue to do just that. I however do not like the fact that I can't even find this Luyuan 40cc 4 stroker anywhere, so I definitely can't find parts for it. Also, the engine mounting plate on this bike is very small and curves up on the rider's right side. The cover for the pull start bolts through the mounting plate and into the engine's mounting holes. So I took measurements to see if I could for sure fit an elcheapo 2 stroke on there & NOPE! I'm at the point of it's either a simple engine swap or I"m just going to get myself a new "I already like it & it's a good bike". I'm not going to pour hours of customizing a $300.00 bike so I can ride it again. I'd seriously like to have something way better.
Like I said, I'll take some pictures and post them up of this Luyuan abortion 40cc 4 stroke engine for you guys.
Other than that, if any of you guys have a good bike you'd like to part ways with, I'm looking.

It wasn't like you weren't warned about the sadness of the 4 stroker engine...Theres DIY motorized bike guys who are fed-up with them already and are going with the 79cc Predator engine..

Good thing you haven't contacted MPR about the problem as - as soon as you put gas in them and started it the warranty is over...Your blood pressure will boil..


Good luck getting a bike from MMSM...Theyve been pretty much closed down for close to a year now...Maybe more..

I hope it all works out for you...

Good Luck
MiniPilot likes this.

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:15 AM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
Re: This thing...,...,...

LOL!
Of course Midsouthminimoto is closed...,...,...I mean why wouldn't they be (my luck, just talking junk).
Idk, I"m going to do something, just have to find what that something is.
You're right, I was warned about the bike/engine. I took the risk because it's something I wanted to try out & at $330.00 to my door it wasn't like a break the bank kind of thing. Overall I'm glad I did it, because it is good fun. It's like a miniature track day pretty much whenever I want and for $0.00.
I was never going to call to try and get warranty assistance from MPR. I'll either find an engine I can use or I'll find a good used bike. I'm currently looking for both. Something will turn up & I'll be "back in" pretty soon.
MiniPilot is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
 
MrKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 39
Posts: 1,598
Garage
here is a link for a new pull starter https://www.ebay.com/i/161770330342?...26pg%3D2386202


but it sounds like your going to need a 2 stroke engine swap at this point. you should be able to pull it off with that frame

https://www.ebay.com/itm/47CC-49CC-2...MAAOSwOfVdEZPd


https://www.ebay.com/itm/49cc-Engine...wAAOSw9k5XPlwb

Faster then a speeding E Revo

Last edited by MrKitty; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:57 AM.
MrKitty is online now  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKitty View Post
sounds like your going to need a 2 stroke engine swap at this point. you should be able to pull it off with that frame

https://www.ebay.com/itm/47CC-49CC-2...MAAOSwOfVdEZPd


https://www.ebay.com/itm/49cc-Engine...wAAOSw9k5XPlwb
I already looked at my bike & measured the mounting plate, then looked at those engines. They won't fit unfortunately.
I'm trying to get some info on a GP460 2 stroke, it's a GoPed clutched engine (around 4-4.5HP, I forget) at the moment. I kind of hope that engine works out for me, it'd sure be a lot of fun. I appreciate the suggestion though.
thanks
MiniPilot is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
 
MrKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 39
Posts: 1,598
Garage
i think the 460 has the same mounting pattern as the CAG reed inducted engine (the 460 is a way better engine) I also think the cagllari engine was put into that frame befor Al Gore's Goons took away are two strokes
MiniPilot likes this.

Faster then a speeding E Revo

Last edited by MrKitty; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:27 AM.
MrKitty is online now  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
Re: This thing...,...,...

Yeah, the GP460s are nice for sure! I've got a GoPed Sport with a G230RC on it & it's pretty much scary at top speed! Like, I should have my race suit/helmet/gloves on while riding it. That one doesn't matter though, some guy is supposed to buy it off of me tomorrow...,...,...I'm not going to believe it until the money's in my hand though.
Anyway, I think they may have changed the motor mounting plate on this bike (from what it was previously), it barely accommodates the engine that's on there now. I think the problem with those 2 stroke elcheapo pocket bike engines was the width, otherwise it may have went right in.
I also looked at just getting a Cag, but they said they were out of stock and also told me the engine was no longer going to be the same when they got new ones in. I was like "thanks, have a good day"
MiniPilot is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
 
MrKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 39
Posts: 1,598
Garage
yea but CAGs are everywhere you can get them used for 50$ 75$ running (once you clean the carby) mine will do 35mph all day long after mods.

im not really sure which bike you have you should put some pictures of it up with the damage we don't have very many members here with the 4-stroke it would be really cool if you could document at least some of it with pictures and descriptions

My neighbor has a Go Bowen 4-stroke

But if you want to feel the real power you have to go with the Euro bike

Faster then a speeding E Revo
MrKitty is online now  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,140
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKitty View Post
ok that means you have this one then its extra special 🙂
You do know that first picture of the X-ray version 4 stroke is a genuine Honda illustration...??...Right?
MiniPilot likes this.

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece
CAM2 is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,140
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniPilot View Post
LOL!
Of course Midsouthminimoto is closed...,...,...I mean why wouldn't they be (my luck, just talking junk).
Idk, I"m going to do something, just have to find what that something is.
You're right, I was warned about the bike/engine. I took the risk because it's something I wanted to try out & at $330.00 to my door it wasn't like a break the bank kind of thing. Overall I'm glad I did it, because it is good fun. It's like a miniature track day pretty much whenever I want and for $0.00.
I was never going to call to try and get warranty assistance from MPR. I'll either find an engine I can use or I'll find a good used bike. I'm currently looking for both. Something will turn up & I'll be "back in" pretty soon.
Absolutely they are good fun but when you said you raced a 600 and wanted to stay sharp the cag or even the eurobike was far from my mind at the time...LOL

Lots like to buy and motard out XR100's to race with...This way when race season ends you can revert it back into a dirt bike..

I understand where you're coming from...Back when cags first came out they were $237.00/shipped for the 2 stroker and when that one broke you simply just bought another one...Now it's a little different with the newer stuff

If the state of Commiefornia would read the PDF on those 4 stroke engines and their violations they wouldn't even let them be bought or sold there....lol

When I won my 2011 cag in a race I was glad I didn't pay a dime for it but was still disgusted on how flimsy everything was which kinda became another project...lol...

Now just picture an already raced eurobike...It's like buying an old racecar from 20 years ago and trying to use it as is without trying to upgrade it...

For most who are concerned with their personal safety would have the eurobike frame thoroughly checked for cracks by X-raying it...If not no matter how small it is a 50lb pocket going 35-40mph and suddenly highsides when the frame snaps isn't gonna feel or sometimes look pretty....

Basically it's a crapshoot in the give and take area when viewed from both aspects...lol

As for me it's a simple matter of ride or die...... lol

Good Luck

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece
CAM2 is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,140
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniPilot View Post
LOL!
Of course Midsouthminimoto is closed...,...,...I mean why wouldn't they be (my luck, just talking junk).
Idk, I"m going to do something, just have to find what that something is.
You're right, I was warned about the bike/engine. I took the risk because it's something I wanted to try out & at $330.00 to my door it wasn't like a break the bank kind of thing. Overall I'm glad I did it, because it is good fun. It's like a miniature track day pretty much whenever I want and for $0.00.
I was never going to call to try and get warranty assistance from MPR. I'll either find an engine I can use or I'll find a good used bike. I'm currently looking for both. Something will turn up & I'll be "back in" pretty soon.
Absolutely they are good fun but when you said you raced a 600 and wanted to stay sharp the cag or even the eurobike was far from my mind at the time...LOL

Lots like to buy and motard out XR100's and KX100's to race with...This way when race season ends you can revert it back into a dirt bike..

I understand where you're coming from...Back when cags first came out they were $237.00/shipped for the 2 stroker that went 30mph out of the box and when that engine blew you simply just bought another one until you've amassed a few then you easily rebuild and rotate the bikes around...Now it's a little different with the newer stuff...

If the state of Commiefornia would read the PDF on those 4 stroke engines and their violations they wouldn't even let them be bought or sold there....lol

When I won my 2011 cag in a race I was glad I didn't pay a dime for it but was still disgusted on how flimsy everything was which kinda became another project....

Now just picture an already raced eurobike...It's like buying an old racecar from 20 years ago and trying to use it as is without trying to upgrade/recertify it...

For most who are concerned with their personal safety would have the eurobike frame thoroughly checked for cracks by X-raying it...If not no matter how small it is a 50lb pocket going 35-40mph and suddenly highsides when the frame snaps isn't gonna feel or sometimes look pretty....

Basically it's a crapshoot in the give and take area when viewed from both aspects...lol

As for me it's a simple matter of ride or die...... lol

Good Luck
MiniPilot likes this.

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:17 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM2 View Post
You do know that first picture of the X-ray version 4 stroke is a genuine Honda illustration...??...Right?
LOL! That's pretty funny.
MiniPilot is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM2 View Post
Absolutely they are good fun but when you said you raced a 600 and wanted to stay sharp the cag or even the eurobike was far from my mind at the time...LOL

Lots like to buy and motard out XR100's and KX100's to race with...This way when race season ends you can revert it back into a dirt bike..

I understand where you're coming from...Back when cags first came out they were $237.00/shipped for the 2 stroker that went 30mph out of the box and when that engine blew you simply just bought another one until you've amassed a few then you easily rebuild and rotate the bikes around...Now it's a little different with the newer stuff...

If the state of Commiefornia would read the PDF on those 4 stroke engines and their violations they wouldn't even let them be bought or sold there....lol

When I won my 2011 cag in a race I was glad I didn't pay a dime for it but was still disgusted on how flimsy everything was which kinda became another project....


Now just picture an already raced eurobike...It's like buying an old racecar from 20 years ago and trying to use it as is without trying to upgrade/recertify it...

For most who are concerned with their personal safety would have the eurobike frame thoroughly checked for cracks by X-raying it...If not no matter how small it is a 50lb pocket going 35-40mph and suddenly highsides when the frame snaps isn't gonna feel or sometimes look pretty....

Basically it's a crapshoot in the give and take area when viewed from both aspects...lol

As for me it's a simple matter of ride or die...... lol

Good Luck
Right on, Cam2, it is ride or die over here too.
I know people that run "supermotos" (ditrbike with supermoto wheels, track tires) at Mid Ohio. They're cool & all that and I actually thought of doing that. Of course other people like to spend your money for you, by showing you cool stuff that you have to have. That would be an Ohvale GP-0 190! ! ! You should check them out. They're super pricey, but they're a Grom sized, out of the box legitimate RACEBIKE!!!
Seriously one of the nicer euro bikes (minimoto) would be better for me, but seriously, I'm only going to live once & I'm going to have fun while I'm here...,...,...an Ohvale GP-0 190 is in my future. It may not be right now, but it's going to be!

So, I'm always ready to admit when I do something empty headed. Here's what happened a little while ago. I go out to the garage & go over to look at the bike on the bench. I picked up the pull starter that I had off the bike & I immediately see why the thing isn't working. The sound I heard was of course the pawl coming off of the shaft & tearing up threads. At the same time, it melted the little wires that catch the pawl into the plastic "housing" (idk what its called really). I dug the little wire pieces out of the plastic with a flat head, thought "I don't believe I missed that & I hope this works". Bolted everything back up & we've got a pull starter! ! ! So of course I put my fairings back on, under armor & race suit, cause it was time for a celebratory knee dragging session!
I did get info for the GP460...,...,...it won't fit with the mount plate thats bent upward on rider's right side, but it'll fit when I take the current engine off, bend that thing and/or make one of my brothers weld a new plate on there for me. I think I may go ahead and pick up a GP460 because I think it'll be fun to ride!

side note:
I got that little piece of junk metal pawl back onto the shaft last night. Started it by hand & it was catching/cutting the thread back in. So after i worked it back and forth for a few minutes and got it as far as I could with just my fingers, I pulled out some channel locks and on she went.

Last edited by MiniPilot; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:51 PM.
MiniPilot is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,140
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniPilot View Post
Right on, Cam2, it is ride or die over here too.
I know people that run "supermotos" (ditrbike with supermoto wheels, track tires) at Mid Ohio. They're cool & all that and I actually thought of doing that. Of course other people like to spend your money for you, by showing you cool stuff that you have to have. That would be an Ohvale GP-0 190! ! ! You should check them out. They're super pricey, but they're a Grom sized, out of the box legitimate RACEBIKE!!!
Seriously one of the nicer euro bikes (minimoto) would be better for me, but seriously, I'm only going to live once & I'm going to have fun while I'm here...,...,...an Ohvale GP-0 190 is in my future. It may not be right now, but it's going to be!

So, I'm always ready to admit when I do something empty headed. Here's what happened a little while ago. I go out to the garage & go over to look at the bike on the bench. I picked up the pull starter that I had off the bike & I immediately see why the thing isn't working. The sound I heard was of course the pawl coming off of the shaft & tearing up threads. At the same time, it melted the little wires that catch the pawl into the plastic "housing" (idk what its called really). I dug the little wire pieces out of the plastic with a flat head, thought "I don't believe I missed that & I hope this works". Bolted everything back up & we've got a pull starter! ! ! So of course I put my fairings back on, under armor & race suit, cause it was time for a celebratory knee dragging session!
I did get info for the GP460...,...,...it won't fit with the mount plate thats bent upward on rider's right side, but it'll fit when I take the current engine off, bend that thing and/or make one of my brothers weld a new plate on there for me. I think I may go ahead and pick up a GP460 because I think it'll be fun to ride!

side note:
I got that little piece of junk metal pawl back onto the shaft last night. Started it by hand & it was catching/cutting the thread back in. So after i worked it back and forth for a few minutes and got it as far as I could with just my fingers, I pulled out some channel locks and on she went.

That's one of the skills needed in this hobby and you definitely have it......nice job....

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece
CAM2 is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
Re: This thing...,...,...

I figure that this is as good a place as any.

I'm going to be picking up a new Binelli TNT135 this week. Mostly because go cart track practice & it's acceptable for the "Grom/Z125/TNT135" class for OMRL. I'm not even going to register the bike for street use. Going to bring it home & strip it, safety wire everything & go from there. By "go from there", I mean I'll be hitting up CRP as much as I can possibly be there! This is going to be fun!
I'm still going to engine swap my little crap bike & ride the neighborhood school playground/parking lot because it is good fun also & it's still practice. So, I'll still be around.
MiniPilot is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,140
Re: This thing...,...,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniPilot View Post
I figure that this is as good a place as any.

I'm going to be picking up a new Binelli TNT135 this week. Mostly because go cart track practice & it's acceptable for the "Grom/Z125/TNT135" class for OMRL. I'm not even going to register the bike for street use. Going to bring it home & strip it, safety wire everything & go from there. By "go from there", I mean I'll be hitting up CRP as much as I can possibly be there! This is going to be fun!
I'm still going to engine swap my little crap bike & ride the neighborhood school playground/parking lot because it is good fun also & it's still practice. So, I'll still be around.
Good to hear and congrats on the purchase...That's a whole totally better route to go seeings youll be able to get parts quicker and also get the latest upgrades too even though Im kinda a lil more partial to the Aprilla SX125...

Compared to the Groms those are a lil better with the vertical engine with 5 speed trans than the Horizontal engine that cant be clutchlessly shifted.....

For the downside of it...The bike is designed in Italy but made / assembled in China...That's why theyre cheaper than a Grom...When powershifting them it really takes a toll on the shifter forks and seeings its a Chinese made bike Id expect them to last around maybe 15-20 races....

As far as the cheapie GP-RSR pocketbike you recently received Id definitely install a modified 2 stroker engine on it and chuck the 4 stroke joke they stuck on it in the trashbin...Youll have a lot more fun from both aspects when building it to your liking....I use bits and pieces aswell as frame parts from old BMX and mountain bikes to modify mine....

Both pics are of the same pocketbike[cag]..Notice how I changed-up the engine plates.......





When we used to make our minibike tracks in parking lots we used to use tennis balls cut in half...Red colored balls on the right and the yellow on the left so you can see the layout better also go faster....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143372173519

Good Luck
MiniPilot likes this.

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:42 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PBP RACER
 
MiniPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 42
Posts: 58
Garage
It’s the new cart track weapon! ! !
Yes, my garage is still a complete disaster : (
It’s not going to get any better either. That red machine is getting stripped down & safety wired, starting ASAP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABAFFE26-07B6-4217-998A-C456E16F1A36_1572570063209.jpg (57.5 KB, 6 views)
MiniPilot is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
 
MrKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 39
Posts: 1,598
Garage
thats epic

Faster then a speeding E Revo
MrKitty is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome