March 19 Practice-
$10 gate fee per day, per person (children included). Practice will cost $35 per person. Gates will open at approximately 4:00pm and the track will go live at 4:30. Sessions will alternate between the following groups (20 minute sessions)
* Featherweight/Unlimited Featherweight/Standard 4.2
* Production/Super Production/Open pocketbike
* Minimotard/X bikes
We will be shortening the track at least twice for the lower hp pocketbikes and minimotards to practice on, as we'll be shortening the track for specific race classes (see schedule at bottom).
The March 19 practice is not limited to people racing on March 20. This practice is open to anyone
as long as they meet our basic gear requirements. As with our other AZPRA practice days, we do not have class limits on which bikes may participate. Junior racers may ride Open pocketbikes and we will accept minimotards up to 125cc fourstrokes or 85cc twostrokes. This is the only open practice we'll be hosting at the Bondurant track this year, it's a great opportunity that shouldn't be missed!
We will shut the track down at approximately 8:00pm for a half hour break to get ready for the Endurance Race. We will start the Endurance Race at 8:30pm. This is the last event of the evening.
Endurance Race Information:
Cost to enter is $100 per team. There will be trophies for first through third place finishing teams and cash payouts! Teams may be made up of three or four people. Junior racers age 10 and above may enter this race. Bikes are limited to Production Class, Super Production class or Open Pocketbike, Juniors may race on Open pocketbikes. Teams may have one more bike than they have riders as backup. Each team member MUST race a minimum of 10 minutes, this does not have to be consecutive but must be completed by the finish of the race.
We will start with a traditional GP start meaning the racers will run over to their bikes at the drop of the green flag, start their machines and then they are off! One teammate may hold each bike but the first racer must start the bike themselves.
Each team may have one or two helpers that will time each racer's session and keep track of laps. These people will be allowed on the side of the track as pit crew.
Bikes cannot be fueled on the track.
Transponder handoffs will proceed as follows: The "live" racer must enter pit lane and pull up next to their teammate. They must first shut off the bike, then hand over the transponder. Once the transponder has been passed, the succeeding racer may then start their bike and proceed onto the track through pit lane.
The race will end after 60 minutes and finish order will be decided first by number of laps completed, second by order of finish over the line once the checkered flag has been thrown.
March 20 Race-
$10 gate fee per day, per person (children included). Cost to race is $60 per person. As always, this is a flat fee. Racers may enter as many classes as they have eligeable bikes! Gates will open at approximately 6:30am and the track will go live at 7:00 for practice. Sessions will follow the same 20 minute procedure as the night before. Practice will be extremely limited as we need to get all our heat races and finals done in one day. We are very lucky to be able to rent a transponder system from Mr. Bill Wilkey of Team Advanced in the DC area. Thank you very much Bill! We anticipate that these trasnponders will aid in the efficient running of these races!
The Racers Meeting will start at 8:30am and heat races will start at 9:00am. All heat races will consist of down-n-dirty 4 laps. If all goes as planned, we will be done with heat races by 12:00pm and will start the finals at 1:00pm.
There will be First, Second and Third place trophies for ALL classes which will be handed out at the conclusion of the races!
1) Jr. Production (4 lap heat, 10 lap final, full track)
2) Sr. Production (4 lap heat, 10 lap final, full track)
3) Jr. 50 Fourstroke (4 lap heat, 6 lap final, short track)
4) Sr. 50 Fourstroke (4 lap heat, 6 lap final, short track)
5) Jr. Featherweight (4 lap heat, 6 lap final, short track)
6) Sr. Featherweight (4 lap heat, 6 lap final, short track)
7) Jr. Modified 88 (4 lap heat, 6 lap final, full track)
8) Sr. Modified 88 (4 lap heat, 10 lap final, full track)
9) X bike 1 (4 lap heat, 8 lap final, short track, non-trophy race)
10) Jr. Standard 4.2 (4 lap heat, 8 lap final, short track)
11) Sr. Standard 4.2 (4 lap heat, 8 lap final, full track)
12) Jr. Minimoto Open (4 lap heat, 6 lap final, full track)
13) Sr. Minimoto Open (4 lap heat, 10 lap final, full track)
14) Jr. Super Production (4 lap heat, 10 lap final, full track)
15) Sr. Super Production (4 lap heat, 10 lap final, full track)
16) Jr. Unlimited Featherweight (4 lap heat, 6 lap final, short track)
17) Sr. Unlimited Featherweight (4 lap heat, 8 lap final, full track)
18) X bike 2 (4 lap heat, 8 lap final, short track, trophy race)
19) Sr. Open Pocketbike(4 lap heat, 12 lap final, full track)