Pocketbike Forum banner

Miami Florida Riders..

24K views 139 replies 30 participants last post by  boolzeye 
#1 ·
All the Miami area people chime in, there's a few of you I've meet on the board already that I go riding with, lets get some more people together. Post here or PM me and let's arrange a meet, nothing serious, just to ride and have some fun. BBQ and pocket bikes :thumbsup:

#79 ·
1.8TurboS said:
Thats basically it, you'll find lots of people there, until the park rangers come by. What bike you got?

If I'm out there maybe I'll drag you in my cag :)
not sure the ad name is rossinif1 but i think you guys call it a cag, eather way i slapped everyone up last nite at fiu, about 10 x7s, mannys tricked out lucky7, even a 4stroke x7, im happy with my little shyty china cag it wups

#82 ·
1.8TurboS said:
I saw you riding, you musta seen me, I had my flat black cag there, I was with rdt and my bug. Shoulda called me out, I woulda raced you. It woulda been fun too :)

Next time you're out there let me know.
yo imma be out there every day im always willing to race so if you see me call me out ill look for you too, imma be out there tonite bunch of people are gonna sleep over there for the lowrider sho, imma take the bike, see you out there

#83 ·
RossiniF1 said:
yo imma be out there every day im always willing to race so if you see me call me out ill look for you too, imma be out there tonite bunch of people are gonna sleep over there for the lowrider sho, imma take the bike, see you out there
Its gonna be a wet night, so I prolly wont go. But if I go I'm sure it will be dry enough for you to be there too.

#86 ·
Hey everyone, We are Cycle Imports in Miami, FL. and organize the Weekend open track/practice races in Opa-Locka. We welcome Pocket bikes of all sizes. please call direct 305-889-1800 or 305-525-5636. We ride every Sat. weather permitting from 6PM-12PM+

Ozzie

#90 ·
it's for more competitive riders

it's not really a rip off considering you get to ride like for over 4 hours.

I like the concept Ozzie.........but......the track is beat to hell man. I just wish that the Opalocka owners would fix up the track a bit. I 'd hate to take my YSR on there.

Riders I've been communicating with would like a place closer to the Homestead area. seems that most of the riders are closer to the south than the Opalocka area.

if we could just find a place to ride.........kinda like the opalocka track with more centrally located (centrally to the south I mean) that could sustain a YSR day or something to that effect.

we are in contact with Tony Schroeder over at the Homestead shifter kart track. if he gets enough riders he may just open up a track day or night for the YSR+pocketbike riders in this area.

F1R3ST4RT3R said:
:eek: what a rip off

#92 · (Edited)
Bad response Ozzie....real bad response. Oh man....so ignorant. I was looking forward to heading to this track, b/c $30.00 to ride competatively and legally isn't much to pay for a night at the track...but not anymore if that's the attitude you take to the track.

So it's only for the people who spend $4K on a bike...not for anyone else. And when you assume, you know what you make yourself out to be right?....

#93 ·
No sir it's igorant to post an opinion like yours. All I's saying is that if $30.00 is too much for 4hrs of safe riding then it's clearly not for you. I understand and agree $30.00 is too much for somene who make $200.00/week for example. It's all relative. Considering one can spend $40.00-50.00 in a movie theatre, 6 hrs of riding simply does not seem like a rip off. Also worth noting that I don't make the prices nor do I run this business. For what it's worth your response right or wrong is typical or common of the chinese mini bike people who have no idea what it cost to race/practice.

That's all so don't take offense or offer teeth kicking services over the internet. This is something done in person and I tend to be at Opa Locka on Saturdays.

(Not you am sure)

#94 ·
Ozzie said:
No sir it's igorant to post an opinion like yours. All I's saying is that if $30.00 is too much for 4hrs of safe riding then it's clearly not for you. I understand and agree $30.00 is too much for somene who make $200.00/week for example. It's all relative. Considering one can spend $40.00-50.00 in a movie theatre, 6 hrs of riding simply does not seem like a rip off. Also worth noting that I don't make the prices nor do I run this business. For what it's worth your response right or wrong is typical or common of the chinese mini bike people who have no idea what it cost to race/practice.

That's all so don't take offense or offer teeth kicking services over the internet. This is something done in person and I tend to be at Opa Locka on Saturdays.

(Not you am sure)

You're right on that, I retracted my statement for that same reason, it shouldn't have been said via keyboard and I apologoze for that, shouldn't have put it to begin with. But stating the track is ONLY for people who can afford to pay that amount of money for a European bike IS ignorant. I'd hate to see your reaction if some little kid with a chinese replica had a question about riding or his bike...It might seem expensive to people who don't consider the safety of riding at a sanctioned track...but limiting it only to the wealthy isn't right whatsoever, even though I know you didn't mean it literally because you can't close off the track to chinese bikes.

It doesn't matter what one makes a week. A 12 year old who doesn't make anything can easily ask his parents for money, or save up all week to be able to ride at the track if he choses to do so...so riding there should have nothing to do with the amount of money you make. And please...don't pretend to be the big man and think I won't be there because you and I seem to have a difference of opinion and I'd be scared to go...but I do have to work Saturdays so I can afford to keep my Chinese bike in good running condition :rolleyes:

#95 ·
Ozzie said:
For what it's worth your response right or wrong is typical or common of the chinese mini bike people who have no idea what it cost to race/practice.
1.8TurboS said:
I was looking forward to heading to this track, b/c $30.00 to ride competatively and legally isn't much to pay for a night at the track
Furthermore, my response concerning your price was that it is very reasonable, so is that still common amoung us "cheap" chinese-bike riding people?

Reading comprehension.

#96 ·
Listen once again I agree it best to not let this get out of hand. I think it's clear that writing can get in the way of words. Wealth or no wealth anyone is welcome if they are willing to pay the $30.00 that the track dictates. Again I don't know who you are and don't need to! You are still welcome to come out. Note I am among the people that would prefer not pay but tried going to one of the meets at Tamiami etc. and please don't take my statement as an invitation to kick anyones teeth in. If you do show say hello! I am easy to deal with

#100 ·
:cool: hey what i have to say is when i ran in opa loca the track is i in

desperate need of attention anyway when i showed up the first time
the guys there told me "you are going to run that bike here" china cr*p
like if my bike is not good enough for the track. anyway when i did some laps
around some blatas only then they gave me props but anyway i NEVER WENT
back and would rather run in tamiami or homestead any day opa loca track:p
suck and not smooth for shure and i make enough money to buy a italian bike
do i want to no this is a cheap sport and i have better time fixing my rice burner
when it breaks on me rearly does it but bottom line is look else where
to ride :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.