Billet Case Cag Again - Page 2 - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

No package sent, I will let you know when I ship here, and send a tracking # USPS. I get your PMs, but your getting mine blank. I ask admin if they can help in the Web Bugs section, see if they can help. Might hear from MrKitty, lol. I think I'm on classic view.
Man, I sent a lot info, when your PMs show up, it shows the message I sent, then your message. I'm using the Quick Reply box to send. Sometimes you have to scroll the box to see what's there, probably some setting somewhere on the site.
Not much is working right now. The arms on the 10mm FC crank are about .002" to big to go thru Euro cases bearings, the 40mm cyld is to small at the base to fit over the case main transfer port width and seal good. That is one of the reasons the engine was sucking air, along with the case gap. The only place there is no gap is a the top of the intake section, & just on the other side of the cyld hole, just a little and then the gap rest of the way around. Adding a case gasket makes the cases and T/Ps wider.
Still looking for something that will work, lol. Looks like the black 49cc ported cyld is the best I got right now. I'll get back to you when I have more info, then we can make plan to get this engine going.
I can probably text and send photos to your smart phone if needed, is that the number phone # you gave me??

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
No package sent, I will let you know when I ship here, and send a tracking # USPS. I get your PMs, but your getting mine blank. I ask admin if they can help in the Web Bugs section, see if they can help. Might hear from MrKitty, lol. I think I'm on classic view.
Man, I sent a lot info, when your PMs show up, it shows the message I sent, then your message. I'm using the Quick Reply box to send. Sometimes you have to scroll the box to see what's there, probably some setting somewhere on the site.
Not much is working right now. The arms on the 10mm FC crank are about .002" to big to go thru Euro cases bearings, the 40mm cyld is to small at the base to fit over the case main transfer port width and seal good. That is one of the reasons the engine was sucking air, along with the case gap. The only place there is no gap is a the top of the intake section, & just on the other side of the cyld hole, just a little and then the gap rest of the way around. Adding a case gasket makes the cases and T/Ps wider.
Still looking for something that will work, lol. Looks like the black 49cc ported cyld is the best I got right now. I'll get back to you when I have more info, then we can make plan to get this engine going.
I can probably text and send photos to your smart phone if needed, is that the number phone # you gave me??
Yes tye number I sent you is my smartphone.. I dont have a landline so to speak...

Everything is either VOip attached to my laptop or my cellphone and the VOip is transferrable to my cellphone including texts and pictures sent through SMS or MMS and gets put into a file on my laptop too...

Send whatever you have to the # I pm'ed to you..Anytime too..Its no bother at all..

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:09 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #23 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8, but only get 1 bar in the forest, but I can text, for Wi Fi we use the Comcast router. I will call you when I know more about the parts I have that will work. I'm here cause I can't always trust PMs. I found a bunch more stuff today. Plus, some people can watch and learn something, lol.
I have a bunch of Dave's 44mm pistons w/ 10mm pins, stock and some that have been modified. If we can get the 10mm FC crank in the cases, we can use the lighter 10mm pin. Found a newer 44mm 5 port cyld w/ fingers and it has 3 ports that are not a wide as the old ones with little cyld wall lert.
Since the fuel travels over the top of crank, them 3 ports and a modified piston would probably work pretty good. Do we want a piston with port holes. My 47cc Boosted306 cyld has one wide upper port and no hole in the piston and it runs great. So, what do you think??

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy 8, but only get 1 bar in the forest, but I can text, for Wi Fi we use the Comcast router. I will call you when I know more about the parts I have that will work. I'm here cause I can't always trust PMs. I found a bunch more stuff today. Plus, some people can watch and learn something, lol.
I have a bunch of Dave's 44mm pistons w/ 10mm pins, stock and some that have been modified. If we can get the 10mm FC crank in the cases, we can use the lighter 10mm pin. Found a newer 44mm 5 port cyld w/ fingers and it has 3 ports that are not a wide as the old ones with little cyld wall lert.
Since the fuel travels over the top of crank, them 3 ports and a modified piston would probably work pretty good. Do we want a piston with port holes. My 47cc Boosted306 cyld has one wide upper port and no hole in the piston and it runs great. So, what do you think??
I have a POS Motorola G6 smartphone right now...I seem to keep smashing phones....LOL



I wish you had the case design like RCfish I would of built you a pretty sikk dual carb engine....LOL

If you want to use a cylinder with boost ports I would have to rethink using the FCC and going with a stock crank because the crankweights will help pump the mix up into the boostports with more force aswell as create velocity....

The whole negative about using a FCC in this whole situation utilizing the boost ports is the open transferport cylinder design of the cylinder as the crankpin helps facilitate a negative effect on the whole crankcase that cant be made up without using a pin that has no holes which would throw off balance plus add heat to the wristpin.....

As a tool engine that loss is fine and never ever realized...As a performance engine it gets quite defined..

Had you a cylinder modded like this you would be able to create proper velocity...…



These engines are so easy once I sort out the fitment problems with the case I can actually build the engine a few different ways to see which would be the most beneficial.........

I know most would probably turn their noses up at that plan of putting a stock crank into such a beautiful billet case but Im gonna give those guys a small lesson in crankcase design and how nothings set in stone......


See this engine......?




Its neither reed inducted or piston ported...Its a 50 year old IAME Italian made engine that back then was pumping 52hp on alky/methanol mix and propels me on my racekart to 130mph..


If you look at its design and hearing the specs you might be saying that things got the best iof the best in it ,,FCC,fully balanced engine etc.....


That could be further from the deal as you can see the carbs kinda feed the engine sideways directly into the crankshaft...A crankshaft thats not FCC but still spins well over 20k rpm's...


What controls the action is a highly precision set plate mounted to the crank right behind the intake manifold that rotates and precisely feeds fuel and also creates velocity while the crank simply slaps the mix into the cylinder as it kind of creates a suction demand that when it opens sounds like someone breaking the surface of the water in an attempt to take a gulp of air in a hurriedly way before they pass out..........Essentially it is kinda like a reed inducted engine except theres ZERO reed float.....

Very very unlike a euro designed IAME engine that they put on PB's that utilized a fcc, reed valves and high compression to create the velocity needed to produce the power they make....The kart engine has a compression ratio a tad lower at 15:1 but thats because its run on methanol/alky not high octane pump gas........

Had they adapted to the older vintage IAME sidedraft intake design those euro bikes with that style engine would of been quite unstoppable IMHO..... ..

Heres another example...…..If you didn't know theyre called rotary valve two strokers…..


Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:33 AM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #25 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Love that rotary valve on last photo. The 10mm FC crank is 500g, pretty heavy for a high RPM engine. So, we could maybe build using a stock 47cc crank and 44mm x 10mm piston.in a 49cc cyld. The 3 new 40mm cylds I have, the OD base is almost the same size as the width of the case transfer ports ID. Would need a plate underneath the cyld tapered to fit the difference in the T/P widths. I have a Sarren 2 49cc one piece stock cyld I cut the top off, its T/P width ID is 56mm and the case ID width of 61mm without a case gasket, that leaves a shelf of .080" on each side blocking the case ports, Think that's a no,no. All 4 of the 49cc 2 pcs new cylds I have has fingers and one upper port, has a 65mm base OD and about 57mm to the widest part of its Transfer Ports, which will need to be hogged out to a 61mm width that leaves about .060" on each side for the cyld base to seal on the cases. Unless you have a 40mm cyld with the base of 65mm don't think the 40mm will work with these cases.
So, the way I see it, we need a cyld that can be modified to fit the cases, looks like a 49cc at this point. We could use the 47cc 10mm stock crank, a 44/10mm ported or non ported piston, or 49cc fingered cyld with one upper port. Or, the 49cc chopped cyld w/ only transfer ports on the side and 10mm FC crank.
Staring to get confused again, so what do you think we should do??

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #26 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
Love that rotary valve on last photo. The 10mm FC crank is 500g, pretty heavy for a high RPM engine. So, we could maybe build using a stock 47cc crank and 44mm x 10mm piston.in a 49cc cyld. The 3 new 40mm cylds I have, the OD base is almost the same size as the width of the case transfer ports ID. Would need a plate underneath the cyld tapered to fit the difference in the T/P widths. I have a Sarren 2 49cc one piece stock cyld I cut the top off, its T/P width ID is 56mm and the case ID width of 61mm without a case gasket, that leaves a shelf of .080" on each side blocking the case ports, Think that's a no,no. All 4 of the 49cc 2 pcs new cylds I have has fingers and one upper port, has a 65mm base OD and about 57mm to the widest part of its Transfer Ports, which will need to be hogged out to a 61mm width that leaves about .060" on each side for the cyld base to seal on the cases. Unless you have a 40mm cyld with the base of 65mm don't think the 40mm will work with these cases.
So, the way I see it, we need a cyld that can be modified to fit the cases, looks like a 49cc at this point. We could use the 47cc 10mm stock crank, a 44/10mm ported or non ported piston, or 49cc fingered cyld with one upper port. Or, the 49cc chopped cyld w/ only transfer ports on the side and 10mm FC crank.
Staring to get confused again, so what do you think we should do??

First things that have to happen before any building can occur is to get the case to cylinder and crank to crankcase fitment issues sorted out then we will pick a great plan on building the best engine....

I realize the full circle crank is pretty heavy compared to a stock crank but on a FCC the weight gives a backer kind of like juggernaut power to keep the momentum of the rpm's up and not lower and raise much when climbing and going down pretty steep grades when balanced properly...

The only thing about a FCC is the only part that really disturbs the mix inside of the jug is essentially just the rod..........

Just like how a euro-engine is spec'd as far as compression etc is how that cag engine will need to be built and like I explained trying to maintain a descent blowdown event is harder to do with open transferports without super aggressive porting and going to methanol/alky mix........

I dont think you're gonna be into yanking on compression between 15:1 and 17:1...........

Whats funny is the euro engine with comp. btwn 16.5 and 17:1 can operate on 95 octane due to using a diminished spark system by utilizing a resistor sparkplug to keep cylinder temps down aswell as control pinging/detonation..

With a stock crank plus compression ratio between 10:1 and 12:1 and maybe utilize a boosted306 cylinder, modified pumper carb that thing will get up into some sweet rpm's and not diminish the lowend power too much to where youll only need a clutch with a stallspeed of around 3500-4000rpm's....The way to get a juggernaut effect with a stock crank is to evenly add 30-40 grans of tungsten ballast to the flywheel...…..

On Briggs engines I simply remove the aluminum flywheel and put a cast iron one....

In the end result after I correct the fitment issues with the crankcase youll be able to rebuild the engine over and over just like a normal everyday engine with no special techniques or manufactured spacers to work around...

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:26 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #27 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

I just answered Admins reply about the mess up PMs, are we still having a problem?? You sent a new one will check it out after this. Question #1 can we make a 40mm cyld fit?? So, here is my plan, which you can change at anytime.
Use the 10mm FC crank, 10mm x 44mm piston, no holes, on the cyld with fingers ( to be removed ) and one upper port, the cases have a rear port that feeds upper ports, with the Polini style cyld, not sure how good that will work. The new flywheel for it has the Polini style spring loaded arms and center cam like a piston port starter, much easier to pull and its heavy. #2 do we need a rocket key? I was thinking 14 or 15 to 1 compression. Going to need to lower the cyld height at the top for more compression. Still have to pick a clutch, have many to choose from. The reed V block has fiberglass reeds, with 19mm rubber intake manifold and 19mm dell PHBG clone carb right now. Would like to adapt a Walbro WT-813 somehow to that manifold. That's my basic plan right now. I can send you a few different pistons and cyld to work with, if you like.

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #28 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
I just answered Admins reply about the mess up PMs, are we still having a problem?? You sent a new one will check it out after this. Question #1 can we make a 40mm cyld fit?? So, here is my plan, which you can change at anytime.
Use the 10mm FC crank, 10mm x 44mm piston, no holes, on the cyld with fingers ( to be removed ) and one upper port, the cases have a rear port that feeds upper ports, with the Polini style cyld, not sure how good that will work. The new flywheel for it has the Polini style spring loaded arms and center cam like a piston port starter, much easier to pull and its heavy. #2 do we need a rocket key? I was thinking 14 or 15 to 1 compression. Going to need to lower the cyld height at the top for more compression. Still have to pick a clutch, have many to choose from. The reed V block has fiberglass reeds, with 19mm rubber intake manifold and 19mm dell PHBG clone carb right now. Would like to adapt a Walbro WT-813 somehow to that manifold. That's my basic plan right now. I can send you a few different pistons and cyld to work with, if you like.
Ill be able to use anything a cag uses once I straighten out the case fitment issues...

My plan of attack is to see if theres any warpage from the difficulty you had in installing the bearings or the possibility of it being slightly wedgemilled ...Thats first...

Second is assembling both case halves together with the case screws then trying to slide a 15mm titanium rod through both bearings to see how far both casehalves are from being totally straight ..

After that I will calculate the space needed for any type crank just like a cag engine to fit inside the case and still be tight enough to gain performance without any chance of the crank hitting the crankcase whatsoever aswell as be able to bolt a cag cylinder onto the case with zero help from any manufactured spacers also take the deficiencies in what it takes to make the titanium rod straight inside the case with the bearings not binding at all by using wedges to correct the problem then after doing the math and coming up with a plan re-mill both casehalves to accomodate all those variables into a single marriage that works flawlessly..

Kind of like how these Polini AV-10 cases are profiled.....Look at how flat the outer wall is and how thick the bearing area is...When assembled the bearings in this case sit 1.6mm's raised above the case not flush or countersunk...This eliminates the need for spacers and not having the crank hit the case...….

Also note how short the reed intake area is.....I'm thinking about removing 10-12mm's off the reed entrance area then redrilling and retapping the holes to get more suction and reduce volume...…

Also notice how wide the jug area is on both AV-10 Polini casehalves.




This is some pics from driverD's thread



If you milled both casehalves so the cylinder bolt holes actually lined up with the cag cylinder like driverd claims would be able to happen in his sales pitch thread the casehalves would have a space of about .100"...maybe larger with the crank installed inside.......

If you look inside the casehalves of how deep the bearings are...Theyre not too deep like you think....Its kind of the opposite

Not enough case material was removed on the bearing sides of the jug area by driverd's mill to properly accommodate the crank and not enough material was removed at the mating faces to accommodate the cag cylinder...

All in all in my end result of seeing aswell as understandng the whole situation the billet case driverD sold you wasnt properly finished in every area to proper dimensions or not properly programmed to be cut right........

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:07 AM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #29 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
I just answered Admins reply about the mess up PMs, are we still having a problem?? You sent a new one will check it out after this. Question #1 can we make a 40mm cyld fit?? So, here is my plan, which you can change at anytime.
Use the 10mm FC crank, 10mm x 44mm piston, no holes, on the cyld with fingers ( to be removed ) and one upper port, the cases have a rear port that feeds upper ports, with the Polini style cyld, not sure how good that will work. The new flywheel for it has the Polini style spring loaded arms and center cam like a piston port starter, much easier to pull and its heavy. #2 do we need a rocket key? I was thinking 14 or 15 to 1 compression. Going to need to lower the cyld height at the top for more compression. Still have to pick a clutch, have many to choose from. The reed V block has fiberglass reeds, with 19mm rubber intake manifold and 19mm dell PHBG clone carb right now. Would like to adapt a Walbro WT-813 somehow to that manifold. That's my basic plan right now. I can send you a few different pistons and cyld to work with, if you like.
The plan sounds good...Id rethink the carb though.....

I have rocket keys aswell as an ADA pumper carb intake manifold from the 4 petal setup..

Id go with a 19mm Tillotson on that engine.....









Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:31 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #30 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

I am with you, now that you brought up DriverD stuff I will have to go to therapy, lol, lol. Remember the Boosted306 49cc twin drag bike engines in storage, they have the billet alum V-reed blocks that I never installed. Have 2 HDA48D 16mm no bulb pumper carbs.
I also have a new 19mm HDA223B pumper carb, could not get it to pump gas, but have a Walbro repair kit for it. I have never had a pumper carb apart to many small parts for me. Looking for a way to mount it to the 19mm universal Polini rubber intake manifold. I have a few Tillotson style 25mm pumper carbs with the big round rubber diaphragm type, for bigger 2 stroke engines. My pick would be the 19mm HDA223B, have alum intake & V-stack I modified from 16 to 19mm x 44mm to fit the carb. Here are some photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drag Cag Twin Engines.jpg (391.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 21mm Carb on Cag Alum Manifold 2.jpg (387.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 21mm Carb on Cag Alum Manifold 4.jpg (485.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 25mm Pumper with PVC V-Stack 1.jpg (510.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 25mm Pumper with PVC V-Stack 2.jpg (508.3 KB, 2 views)

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....

Last edited by EPR; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:30 PM.
EPR is offline  
post #31 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
I am with you, now that you brought up DriverD stuff I will have to go to therapy, lol, lol. Remember the Boosted306 49cc twin drag bike engines in storage, they have the billet alum V-reed blocks that I never installed. Have 2 HDA48D 16mm no bulb pumper carbs.
I also have a new 19mm HDA223B pumper carb, could not get it to pump gas, but have a Walbro repair kit for it. I have never had a pumper carb apart to many small parts for me. Looking for a way to mount it to the 19mm universal Polini rubber intake manifold. I have a few Tillotson style 25mm pumper carbs with the big round rubber diaphragm type, for bigger 2 stroke engines. My pick would be the 19mm HDA223B, have alum intake & V-stack I modified from 16 to 19mm x 44mm to fit the carb. Here are some photos.
The HDA223 should work out perfectly..

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece
CAM2 is offline  
post #32 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Going to get the 223 carb and manifold and parts I made for it and look at the mounting bolt spacing on the cases, to find the best way to match them up. Still gathering stuff for the project.

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #33 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
Going to get the 223 carb and manifold and parts I made for it and look at the mounting bolt spacing on the cases, to find the best way to match them up. Still gathering stuff for the project.
Sounds good....

Took the 83 Yammmie Bobber out today to give it a good run and when I went to give it the onion from a ead stop 2nd gear gave up the ghost..Good thing it happened right when I started grabbing for the clutch as it has no rev limiter...............

Now I have another engine teardown project on my plate....LOL

Im thinking about going a lil farther with it now and mod it similar to the engine on the 89 CBR600 with a fuel injection, VVT mod and methanol tune.....

It should really turn heads when finished.....LOL


Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:36 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #34 of 97 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
Love that rotary valve on last photo.
Me too EPR......….Rotary valve engines came out way before their time for sure...…

Today when I was looking through one of my old toolboxes in storage I ran across a picture from when I was a kid which is funny seeings I just brought-up the rotary engine.....

This is an old Polaroid of the top of my childhood bedroom dresser with one of my projects I was building back in 1984...



When I ran outlaw class I thought I was running the best of the best until I saw superkart class with the twin cylinder 250cc rotary valve engines and became fascinated with those ...

Got myself a worn out 2 stroke 2 cylinder engine that was very similar and rebuilt it in about 2 years with the RHB52 39/56mm hairdryer from a 1980 Mercedes diesel sitting next to it with help from my dad and many-many trips to the cycle and euro engine specialist engine shop to view the microfisches for specs and also to order parts……….LOL

Then I got my license and the 2 stroke 2 cylinder twin turbo engine project although was completed took a back seat...

Years later in the early 90's me and a couple of old buddies put it in a Cushman golfcart with 12" wheels,headlights and taillights from a 1989/90 Geo Metro and used it in the pits at the track plus we used to run the rubes for cash in it…….Man did that thing fly.....LOL

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:39 PM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #35 of 97 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

That's about the time I had the Kawasaki Pro Stock drag bike, The bikes are so much different than the new Pro Stocks they run now. They have already hit over 200 MPH.
Ok, found the HDA223 in my C1 containers. I got the carb from SD Scooters, he said it did not work. What I have here will bolt to the billet case intake. I took a broken 14mm C1 rubber intake, ripped the alum tube out, ground the rubber down till it was flat. Then put 2 holes on the edge to match the carbs 2 top bolt holes with counter sunk bolts on the back side. the bottom carb bolts also hold the bottom of the intake to the cases. I tried to run it on the C1 but it did not pump gas. You know that its a purge carb, I put a purge fitting in the C1 cases near the reed block. We can do the same thing on the billet cases.
Here is a 25mm carb, 4 stroke carb adapter and tube I made to fit a 19mm Polini style intake manifold. The pulse hole is inside the manifold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Custom 25mm Pumper Carb and Manifold 1.jpg (301.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Custom 25mm Pumper Carb and Manifold 2.jpg (342.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Custom 25mm Pumper Carb and Manifold 3.jpg (358.8 KB, 5 views)

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #36 of 97 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
That's about the time I had the Kawasaki Pro Stock drag bike, The bikes are so much different than the new Pro Stocks they run now. They have already hit over 200 MPH.
Ok, found the HDA223 in my C1 containers. I got the carb from SD Scooters, he said it did not work. What I have here will bolt to the billet case intake. I took a broken 14mm C1 rubber intake, ripped the alum tube out, ground the rubber down till it was flat. Then put 2 holes on the edge to match the carbs 2 top bolt holes with counter sunk bolts on the back side. the bottom carb bolts also hold the bottom of the intake to the cases. I tried to run it on the C1 but it did not pump gas. You know that its a purge carb, I put a purge fitting in the C1 cases near the reed block. We can do the same thing on the billet cases.
Here is a 25mm carb, 4 stroke carb adapter and tube I made to fit a 19mm Polini style intake manifold. The pulse hole is inside the manifold.
That HDA223 carb will do the job.. Sometimes they put the wrong spring under the fuel needle or don't put the right fuel needle pivot too.....

Either way if the carb body is good I can get it to work...I have plenty of stuff myself too so one way or another it's gonna get accomplished.....

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece
CAM2 is offline  
post #37 of 97 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

I will send the Walbro repair kit in the box. We are getting are stuff together in case we have to evacuate from here do to the fire north of us. Our whole area has a mandatory Evac now to the coast. We have a spy on Finch Mtn. just south of the fire, that will call us if the fire reaches Healdsburg and they have to go. Me and the family will leave if we need to. Got to Go, hoping for the best. another PG & E fire.

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #38 of 97 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
I will send the Walbro repair kit in the box. We are getting are stuff together in case we have to evacuate from here do to the fire north of us. Our whole area has a mandatory Evac now to the coast. We have a spy on Finch Mtn. just south of the fire, that will call us if the fire reaches Healdsburg and they have to go. Me and the family will leave if we need to. Got to Go, hoping for the best. another PG & E fire.
Oh wow...I kinda wondered a few minutes ago when I saw the News story then I come to read this...

I really hope everything works out for you and your family ...

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece

Last edited by CAM2; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:38 AM.
CAM2 is offline  
post #39 of 97 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Just got our power back, we were ready to leave, but the fire never jumped Hwy 101. Verizon had spotty 1 bar signal, no tv, no internet, no power, no heat. My 4000watt 110v generator and wood burning stove saved the day, lol. So, I got most of the stuff I need to ship to you. Right now were just working on getting our lives back to normal.

Empty Pockets Racing: The difficult we do, the impossible takes longer.....
EPR is offline  
post #40 of 97 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
BUILDEM,WRECKEM,REBUILDEM
 
CAM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,135
Re: Billet Case Cag Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR View Post
Just got our power back, we were ready to leave, but the fire never jumped Hwy 101. Verizon had spotty 1 bar signal, no tv, no internet, no power, no heat. My 4000watt 110v generator and wood burning stove saved the day, lol. So, I got most of the stuff I need to ship to you. Right now were just working on getting our lives back to normal.
I hear ya and glad everything worked out for the best in such a situation.

Cut
Up
Stuff
To
Obtain
Masterpiece
CAM2 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome