Pocketbike Forum banner

Using semi auto clutch on manual pit bike?

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MrKitty 
#1 ·
Well I’m once again making a Frankin 70cc motor as I got the parts motors to do it. It is semi auto but I have a full manual clutch cover. My question: will I be able to make it like a rekluse clutch sorda thing. Where it isles in gear without stealing but I can over ride it by pulling in the clutch lever rather than using the foot shifter trick? Thanks in advance.

#3 · (Edited)
You need a full manual clutchpack and actuator aesembly to go with that casecover....the retrofit kit to convert semi auto to full manual is like $375.00 just to give ya an idea and it can be found through DrATV so you can see everything you need to convert to full manual..Good Luck

#5 · (Edited)
He doesnt but I think a slightly different meaning of robbing is kinda part of this thread...He must live in a rough area....

Hes trying to re-invent the wheel so to speak by making a semi auto engine have the capability of using a handlever to be the handclutch aswell as become a way to disable the bike so theives cant just take off on it when he just walks off leaving it running I guess....

Them suggestions he has are awefully complicated and pretty steep to pull off $$$ and time wise...

Only choices he has is buying the rest of the parts to make the semi-auto into full manual and not leave the bike running when hes nowhere near it aswell as add a safety tether so the bike disables if someone tries bike jacking him off it which also becomes a killswitch and a pretty clever way to keep someone from unlawfully starting it if its installed hidden from the eyes of theives but easily accessible to the bike owner because who actually walks around with a safety tether clip on them??.:tango_face_glasses:

#7 · (Edited)
LOL.....Some illegals were living in my friends area and every once in awhile my friend would be missing a rabbit or two as he liked to raise rabbits to control the ferral cat problem easter presents and for him and his family to eat....

One day he tried lowering the latch so they had to literally flip over the top to get at the lever meanwhile he made a stick with a bent nail to easily get at the latch....That didnt stop them..

One day I noticed the piece of fence post they most likely gripped to get to the latch so I put a hidden 12v battery wired to a 12v blinker ballast wired to the hot lead on an old MSD TFI supercoil with the high tension lead on the latch and the ground wire on the metal pole...We also put a surveillance camera..

When that illegal flipped over the wooden 4ft high stockade fence and grabbed the post and the latch he was twitching and jerking like a party favor with every powerburst of the flasher rhythum rushing through him in ultra high voltage......LOL

It would of been easier putting a lock but our way gave us justice and served him a pretty strong message..............LOL

We called it the finger of God punishment.........LOL

Heres some of the lil ones..Once they get acclimated to the yard they become like chickens and dogs........

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.