Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i just got a 2006 x19 FULL AUTO that i bought off some guy that lived near me. I spent 250 but then the bike broke :cool: ... i think its a stator problem but besides that i only rode the bike twice and the fastest i got it to go on a straight away at full throttle was about 40 and to me this is WAY TO SLOW.

I plan on getting the bike in the upper 60's to mid 70's :) i dont want to kill myself so im not gonna go crazy trying to reach 90 mph. :eek:

NOTE: i weight about 155 :thumbsup: And i only use this bike for cruising around no racing

So far the bike is COMPLETELY STOCK what parts should i get and where are the best places to get them???

Also i know you guys give great info but i must warn you ive been reading a lot of these threads and some of the stuff you guys say just sounds like jiberish to me so please try and be as straigh forward as possible

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Well that's pretty good for a stock auto best mods are cdi better carb and lower tooth count rear sprocket I don't know if 28 would b to low for a auto ot not yet
And 1/4 fuel lines
Open up the weld a bit on the header pipe
Super coil
And search the threads for a exhaust muffler mod
These are only my opinion from what I've seen I have yet to find a decent condition automatic as of yet still looking tho and these mods work good on the standards

I think the best bang for the buck would be a bigger better carb in my opinion and second would b a blue cdi from what I've heared they really help the autos and u can get them for around 20bucks shipped

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's pretty good for a stock auto best mods are cdi better carb and lower tooth count rear sprocket I don't know if 28 would b to low for a auto ot not yet
And 1/4 fuel lines
Open up the weld a bit on the header pipe
Super coil
And search the threads for a exhaust muffler mod
These are only my opinion from what I've seen I have yet to find a decent condition automatic as of yet still looking tho and these mods work good on the standards

I think the best bang for the buck would be a bigger better carb in my opinion and second would b a blue cdi from what I've heared they really help the autos and u can get them for around 20bucks shipped
Well as for my bike its in perfect condition except for it breaking on me :( so i couldnt pass it up.. but as for the exhaust muffler mod ive been looking all over and cant find it anywhere for the x19... and how do i open the weld on the header pipe? ive noticed this comes up a lot but have no idea what it means.. thanks for all the advice so far!

·
1,278 Posts
I know cam2 has ot had a auto that he has done a lot to once I get one I'll be a little more in touch with them but as for the headpipe

If you take off the header pipe the one that bolts to the motor you will c when u look inside a sloppy restrictive weld u can use a dremel or like I did use a drill and a carbide bit and grind the wrld down a bit in the pipe but no all the way as this is a weld for the flange on two of my bikes it was almost half way restricted on another one it wasn't to bad
Look through road clams x18 build I know he posted about his muffler but that was the x18 but I also think on that thread cam may have posted about his muffler mod aswell or maybe try pbu exhaust x19 maybe there was something in that thread aswell I gutted mine and I didn't like it so I got a custom setup for my exhaust mostly done at a exhaust shop with 1-1/4 pipe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also just bought a 2006 x19 auto and am having trouble finding a blue 4 prong cdi and i was wondering what plug would be the best and give it the most power it also didnt have a fuse in it so i was wondering if you knew what fuse it took??? plz help me

·
1,278 Posts
Pccmotor. .com 5 prong cdi I thought that's what all my bikes are and they range from 06-2010 as for a plug options are limited ngk is all I have ran and they have a iridium plug also
But that site has both 4&5 prong cdis as for the fuse ? Just get a fuse able link and wire that in its place if u can't find the right size at any auto store

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you gor the help drgnprelude. but as for the fuse this bike didnt have one at all it had a piece of tinfoil in it lol so i was just wondering if you could tell me what fuse is in your x19 and i could try that.

·
1,278 Posts
Ok well good luck finding one maybe best bet is to look online at pocketbike parts.com

It says 10a-250v on one side the other says gfe it is 19.85mm long or 0.781 in or 25/32 in length and 5.23 mm thick or 0.206 in or 13/64 hope this helps u I can send a pick to your email or text if u want pm me with that if u want

·
1,278 Posts
Maybe I know in mine I run 10w40 4t motorcycle oil do not use reg car oil it will not work on these I don't think there is a diff from auto and Manuel but maybe I have not yet had a chance to get a auto yet

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
best mod for a auto is a new motor, your just gonna be disappointed till then, and thrilled afterward

·
www.extreme4strokes.com
3,026 Posts
Before you do anything with the fully auto you want to find out which style clutch you have, the non adjustable will break soon even if the bike is stock and I would not recommend adding any power to it at all. Take a picture of your clutch cover and I can tell you if you have the "good" clutch or the one that will break right away.
All the mods that have been suggested will make no difference in top speed or power, coils, CDIs, larger fuel lines only make your wallet lighter and do nothing for the performance of the bike. (with a good cdi there can be a tiny difference but it would be so small that you would never feel it and it is too small to even measure it accurately)
If you want to feel actual power, upgrade the exhaust and carb. Swap in a larger engine or do the high compression big bore kit with race head and cam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts