Pocketbike Forum banner

1000/1200 watt motors

14K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  polyscient 
#1 ·
ok 1200 watt motors will be here soon... they take 48 volts not 36 but the 1000 watt motors run on 36.... unite motor makes them... from the motors i got and used,, they are well built right now i have one of their 750 motor and i also had a 350 watt hi torque.. i had the 350 doing 30+ and also put it with 48 volts rather then 36 volts... so i have over a year worth of experience with these motor and i give it a big thumbs up :thumbsup:......hey chris if your on what's the scoop on the motors.....

#30 ·
I had an email from Chris only last week, he says:
Chris said:
"We are currently working with Unite Motor to see if they will create another production run of this motor for us. Currently the 1200 Watt motors have been discontinued, maybe we can get them to start making them once again."
So, fingers crossed as I need another two motors!

Phil

#33 ·
Hi,
I'd be interested to hear what capacity & type of batteries you're using streetridaz...

Is that the Unite 36 volt MY1020 1000W running on 48v?
Rumour is that the 1200w is no longer produced and this may be the only way to go... Chris is trying to persuade them to reconsider...

Lets see, if you're on 12 A/H and they last 1/3 of an hour thats 36A you're drawing... in theory thats 36Ax48V=1728 watts input, but of course they will only give 12 A/H at the 1C rate, more like half that at these currents, and the voltage will sag under load, so say in practise 6 A/H for 20 mins equates to 18A, and say 44v under load = 800 watts, which is more realistic for a 1000W motor if its going to last...

All interesting stuff anyway, which is what got me started here in the first place.

Cheers

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.