Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
well boys i just order 2 /1200 motors one i'm going to switch out aj motor on his dirt bike.... that should give him some good power in the dirt... the other still trying to figure out if i should finish the scoot project or upgrade the maxii with that motor and the 300 amp controller....

Discussion starter · #23 ·
well i received my 1200watt motors.... and the best part is my 15 and 18 tooth sprockets fit perfect on there.... so going to be hitting some insane top speeds on it...:thumbsup: i'm going to find out tomorrow if the one motor fits on my boys dirt bike... it's at the new house but if it fits. the bike is going to have some serious power behind it...i'll keep you updated on it.......

Discussion starter · #26 ·
well i'll tell you what.... those motor pack a whole lot of power behind it...i put 48 votls to it... had to put my whole body weight on it just to keep it from jumping up at stall( was testing the motors out on the bench so i didn't have it braced down)......now i know how quick those 750's are off the line... and that is only with a 100 amp controller....so for those of us with a 200-400 amp controllers... we are in for one hell of a ride :D... daddy like lol... boys those gassers aren't going to know what happen at the starting line... we will just be a blur;)........

I had an email from Chris only last week, he says:
Chris said:
"We are currently working with Unite Motor to see if they will create another production run of this motor for us. Currently the 1200 Watt motors have been discontinued, maybe we can get them to start making them once again."
So, fingers crossed as I need another two motors!

Phil

Hi,
I'd be interested to hear what capacity & type of batteries you're using streetridaz...

Is that the Unite 36 volt MY1020 1000W running on 48v?
Rumour is that the 1200w is no longer produced and this may be the only way to go... Chris is trying to persuade them to reconsider...

Lets see, if you're on 12 A/H and they last 1/3 of an hour thats 36A you're drawing... in theory thats 36Ax48V=1728 watts input, but of course they will only give 12 A/H at the 1C rate, more like half that at these currents, and the voltage will sag under load, so say in practise 6 A/H for 20 mins equates to 18A, and say 44v under load = 800 watts, which is more realistic for a 1000W motor if its going to last...

All interesting stuff anyway, which is what got me started here in the first place.

Cheers

Phil

I'm getting a good 20 minutes of full throttle time out of mine. The timing in my motor is also effecting mine. I'm at 48v with a 1000watt. I'm getting 38mph out of her with a 300amp amp controller.

I'm getting a good 20 minutes of full throttle time out of mine. The timing in my motor is also effecting mine. I'm at 48v with a 1000watt. I'm getting 38mph out of her with a 300amp amp controller.
Hey Street, did you ever try just bumping up the voltage on your stock xp700? So far stock mine ran at 15mph, i put another 48v battery in and ran it quite a bit and it was going 20+mph. I'm thinking of bumping it up to 72v see if i can squeeze another 10mph out of the stock 700watt motor.

Do you think the 60v or 72v will fry the motor or controller first? So far the motor is doing fine. (i am willing to test, i have a back up 24-36v larger Scott motor i am going to eventually mount on anyway)

Thank you for that info. Is there a website anywhere that states that for confirmation?
I believe you, but I am trying to prove a certain jackass wrong about something that relies on this 3200RPM rating being true. Thanks again for your response.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.