Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried this? I'm curious to know if it can be done without killing the motor, and also what type of power gains you would see.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
AV Gas is designed to run in the cooler thinner altitudes and most dont mix too well with 2 smoke oils....Youre basically gonna have to almost double the jetsize in the mainjet to get it to run in a cag.....

Theres more work involved with getting the AV Gas to run correctly for too little reward....Not to mention its not worth doing if youre not gonna use the stuff everytime.................

I used to run juiced-up premium in most of my stuff til they pulled toluene off the shelves here in NY...........Now I get the 100 octane CAM2 racegas they sell a couple towns over from a pump.I juice it up with a lil Lucas and 108 Outlaw aswell as a shot of lead substitute to eliminate friction to the highest degree....

Unless youre running a compression over 180 do you need anything stronger than some good old 93 octane juiced-up a bit with some 104+ to get a little kick................Good Luck

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Cam, was wondering since I have it readily available, but I think 94 octane with some 108 booster will do just fine anyways... this new 3 port head kit is now broken in and it's putting out twice as much power in the lows as it used too, starts alot better cold, and hot. It's idling a little weird but I'm guessing it's just the carb that needs a little more fine tuning...

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a 1/4 mi dragstrip near you they usually have 110 octane leaded race gas.....
2.06$ a litre, and I have to drive 60 km and back to get it. and I'm not sure 110 octane is such a good idea, 100 id try.

94+booster 104 or 108 works just fine too.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I get 91 octane gas and put 1 1/3 oz per gal of 104 Octane Boost to get 96 octane, thats from the tech guy at the Company that makes it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
2.06$ a litre, and I have to drive 60 km and back to get it. and I'm not sure 110 octane is such a good idea, 100 id try.

94+booster 104 or 108 works just fine too.
Ouch...... I can get race gas of 106 octane for around 6.50 a gallon around here at a few stations.... Its about 7 for the 110....

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4 litres in a galon, your still getting a much better price! boohoo for living in Quebec, land of Gas Markup Cartels

1 - 9 of 9 Posts