Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recently traded my x-17 pb for this 125cc peace sport atv, its considered a kids quad, but its a full size, the problem is I need help with some wiring, I just bought a new harness for the full size dinosaur threw fancyscooter.com it was the closest i could find. Does anyone own one of these? and by luck if you do, Have a wiring schematic for it. I can take some pictures of the bike and the harness later on just not today. any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Most of the wiring on the 4 stroke Honda clone engines are pretty close. Some bikes have different options, blinkers and stuff that adds wiring.
Your CDI, and voltage reg and battery and key switch are pretty close.
I have a few wiring Dia for X18 full wiring and strip down basic wiring to get it running. I have a 125cc Coolster ATV w/ reverse. The book shows some wiring but my printer/scanner is down & out.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was just doing some wire test and the black wire is power along with the red right and green well is ground no matter what, cause i think i have the wrong wire grounded cause i have no spark, and my coil shows continuity between the y/g wire and gound thats a bad coil right? or is it cause the black is grounded? im sorry im still kinda new at this.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Love them front shocks, looks like aftermarket. When I got my new 125cc ( 120cc ), had to tighten the upper & lower arms, and the outer ball joint on the spindle. My stock front shocks are pretty stiff but the rear was like a Pogo Stick,lol. So, I found a $50 shock on eBay. Can't believe the price of one tire and rim. I think the US put a high Custom Tax on Chinese tires so we can compete.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Those front shocks arent aftermarket,,,theyre cheap chinese,,,Aftermarket shocks have a progressive spring...come off a nice jump with those and youre in for a harsh landing when the coils bind.......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the shocks are a nice look but they are stiffer than iron. my buddy is 250 and was standing on the front and they compressed maybe a half inch, but I still need help with my coil, is the power wire to the coil, ( I believe its the trigger wire.) suppose to show continuity to the spark plug cap. cause mine dont. it shows continuity to the ground part. wont that prevent it to not spark? cause it be acting like a kill switch. i have a new one on order along with a new cdi. I did the voltage and ohm test on the cdi and stator, both checked out fine but the coil im confused with.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finally got my new coil and cdi, and come to find out my cdi box was bad. First tried the coil no spark hooked up the cdi and I got shocked, my wireing for my lights and safety start was backwards, my lights only worked on the kill position, and when you squeezed the brake handle to start the bike, nothing. You let go of the brake then it would try to stop. So I changed wires around trial and error, 3 fusses later it's finally wired correctly. But it won't start, I noticed the carb fuel inlet, sits half way up the fuel tank, being gravity fed, I'm purchasing one of the Chinese gy6 vacuum pump, hope it works I've been waiting a month to ride this **** thing, has anyone had this issue with the carb sitting half way up the fuel tank? Any other solutions?

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
I see that the intake manifold is an elbow going up under the tank. try flipping the manifold around to have it sit towards the back. If that wont work you can pick up a shorter one from pocketbikeparts.com for around 20 bucks shipped.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Almost like hkmotos, now you have an online website or ebay and when someone orders they signal there partner in China and they ship it to you direct, air mail, China Post, cuts out all the middlemen, so the price is low. Last night at ADA Racing, on clearance page got a Honda XR50/CRF50 HP camshaft with bearings, $20 the lobes were very high and flat at the top, said for a racing head, so I took a chance and will see if it will fit my new spare 110 head then to the 110cc X18, 110 dirt bike or 125cc ATV.
So, it's not a problem trying to get parts mailed from USA to Canada. I have the sellers name on eBay, has alot Coils & CDIs and stuff too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok guys I got a bigger problem, the dumb **** I picked this bike up from had put either diesel or kerosene in the tank, all I know it doesnt smell like gas. it has like a paint cleaner smell. Do I need to do a entire tare down on the motor and carb now, or just the carb? Or should I just try to add regular gas and see what happens? Help please...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Maybe it's just really old gas. I would look close at the engine oil, take the carb off and the float bowl, and take off the 2 brass jets, main & pilot, clean everything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I drained all the fuel out and it was a really dark yellow almost like 2 stroke. And did the flame test on it and it's super flammable so I take it it's not diesel, I'm going to put some 92 in it and see if it fires up. The engine oil looks almost like what I took out of the gas tank, so I'm going to change the oil.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Success it's alive gonna get a me carb for it tho. I can't get the air idle adjustment right, it dies soon as I take choke off. The carb still has crap in it but at least it runs. Seriously I have never seen a carb in this condition, it had algae in it, I wish I got a pic of it, I have the wash container with some of the residue in it I'll take a pic of it tomarrow,

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Algae? did you pick this thing up jigging for walleye?? LOL. If the carb is uber gunky, going to a new one is always a good idea. If you think you're going to be adding quite a bit of mods to this quad, you might want to go one size bigger on the carb. that way if you go for a a BBK and other mods, you wont have to buy another..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.