Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the motorcycle shop and spend $15 and I think it was well worth it.
1) NGK BR6HS
2) Pro Grip grips

I got the plug based on a tip from TTS motorsports here in PHX AZ. Its not a short plug. Looks about like any normal car plug. The threads are longer which causes the electrode to sit lower in the cumbustion champer then the NGK BM6A. According to TTS this bumps compression slightly since your taking up chamber space and gets the spark in a better spot. I gapped it to 0.28 and started right up with a bit less choke then normal. This would not be a good idea if you have altered your head or rod lenght.

The grips are a lot softer then the China junk ones that come with the bike. Actually seem to help a bit with the vibration.

All in all seems like a well spent 15 bucks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bike has a v stake with filter and JetPro pipe. Before on the stock plug it seemed like the bike had nothing and then the pipe would hit for a short burst of power that would make out fairly quickly. Now with the new plug. Bike has more power before hitting the pipe and now when the pipe hits it seems to stay on the power longer. Seems to have made a difference. Im happy overall. Also keep in mind that its 105 deg out right now. So power is going to be lower. Ill ride it again when it cools off tonight. Its amazing how much of a difference 20 deg in air temp makes my bike would struggle to get to 23 mph during the day. But at night would run 25 mph. So well see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts