Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 150cc GY6 clone engine arrived this morning. Have most of the high performance parts here already. 180cc head/cyld and all the other stuff with it. Have to put the high lobe cam in the head & HP springs on the valves, has 28/23mm valves, and both the exhaust and intake ports are pretty good size. I have a PZ27mm Kel Hin carb from japan, cutting a 27mm dirt bike alum manifold off an inch from the carb and machine it to fit in the HP 30mm chrome rubber scooter manifold. Have a SS hp glass pack exh here to. Also need to put the 1500lb. vari and clutch springs in place. Waiting for CPW to have a sale on the $50 scooter racing clutch. It's a winter project, I can do it all in my Kitchen, I can hear my wife now,lol.
I was shocked today at the 24mm stock carb, it has a vacuum piston w/ needle up front and a throttle plate in the rear like a walbro, I am still scratching my head,lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
The 150cc GY6 clone engine arrived this morning. Have most of the high performance parts here already. 180cc head/cyld and all the other stuff with it. Have to put the high lobe cam in the head & HP springs on the valves, has 28/23mm valves, and both the exhaust and intake ports are pretty good size. I have a PZ27mm Kel Hin carb from japan, cutting a 27mm dirt bike alum manifold off an inch from the carb and machine it to fit in the HP 30mm chrome rubber scooter manifold. Have a SS hp glass pack exh here to. Also need to put the 1500lb. vari and clutch springs in place. Waiting for CPW to have a sale on the $50 scooter racing clutch. It's a winter project, I can do it all in my Kitchen, I can hear my wife now,lol.
I was shocked today at the 24mm stock carb, it has a vacuum piston w/ needle up front and a throttle plate in the rear like a walbro, I am still scratching my head,lol.

Im confused here...Why did you buy a new engine if you already have a 150cc engine in that scooter?...Does is have something different than a GY6 clone engine that wouldnt allow you to use the 180cc kit??

As far as the carb it works like a streetbike carb...... you twist the butterfly and the air flow creates a vacuum to lift the slider with needle to correct height............

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have 2 180cc eng. kits, one I got onsale for $39.99, there $150+ every where else. ChinesePartsWholesale online. It's part of killermotorsports in Texas where I bought the scooter. Their regular prices are high, but there daily sales stuff is Cheap. Yesterday I got a 3 bolt 50cc to 125cc upper starter motor for $14.99, got another variator set w/ 11g rollers $15.99, they have clone dirt bike and some other stuff.
I bought the first 180cc kit at CPW, was $150 and $74 for the camshaft, $232 total. Then 3 weeks later they put it on sale $39.99, got it, then days later $9.99 for the same hp cam, got it. Then they had the 150cc rebuild kit, w/ oil pump, 14g rollers, all gaskets, complete, $29.99, I am addicted, so I bought it too. Same w/ the CDI and orange hp coil, 8 & $10 so I got 2 sets,lol. The chrome 30mm intake manifold was, that's right $9.99,lol.
So, I need my scooter to get parts for my truck when I do a bunch work that needs to be done. The whole 150cc was $299 shipped. Two inner cases and two outer cases, crank bearings and seals and CVT cover were well over $299, so I got this engine. It's came w/ CDI, coil, volt reg, starter solenoid, and starter motor on the engine and 24mm carb, complete, ready to mount and put your rear tire on, and connect all the wires. Seperate it's $60 for the electric stuff and $25 for the carb, so $300 is a pretty good deal.
I got 2 sets of there hp scooter springs NCY for $17 each. They are the same size as the china springs on my 125cc Honda clone head w 28/23mm valves. One set is going there and one on the new engine, then I will need one more for the other scooter engine.
This way I can take my time and do it right, and next spring change engines, then I can build the OEM engine. Next going to get a taller speed gear box set, $50, waiting for a sale,lol.
On the carb, When I open the throttle real fast it studders, and hickups before the power comes on, I think it's that piston and main jet needle. Was thinking about modding it to stay wide open and just use the throttle plate in the rear, might need a biger needle, think that would work??
I was looking at trying to make some mouns & dropping the 150cc into a pocket bike, and make that the drag bike,lol.
CAM2, do you know a place to get a hp oil pump for the GY6 engines??

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
EPR the only place I know is a company called Taida........Its the best quality and its not cheap either...The kit comes with a hp housing,,oil cooler and crankcase decompression tube kit with oil catchcan.........

Anytime you modify an engine crankcase pressure increases......Without a crankcase decompressor tube the engine will run like its being held back,,,,,,,Have you looked into the turbo fans yet?...That engines gonna run alot hotter with that BBK........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOOTER-150CC-GY6-OEM-HIGH-QUALITY-OIL-PUMP-/181229820711?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a32239b27&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, I just ordered 2 of the OEM, quality pumps, real Hondas have good oil pressure. The turbo fan is on my Things Still Needed list,lol. I was going to ask you about how to put an oil cooler on the GY6 eng. Don't know if I can fit the new 125cc Honda clone oil cooler on the scooter, it has steel lines and banjo bolts to the alum head adaptor. Seen the $50 scooter oil catch can a bunch of places online. The racing clutch is $50, it has big pads, but not sure what springs they have. I don't want 2,000lb spring set up, that's why I went with 1500lbs. Want to ride it on the street, that exhaust is illegal in California,lol. The cops don't know nothing about scooters.
Oh yeah, The big clutch-pully unit I got at CPW, looks like I might have to captivate it to take it apart, w/ the Variator spring inside, not sure what to do?? Going back to that ebay seller to see what else I can buy or put on my list.
Just ordered decompression tube kit, will make my own tank, I did not see one there. Good timing chain tensioner, SS valves, and a racing clutch with longer pads and 1500lb springs. Still have a list too, like final gearing, almost got 14/38 gears, 2.71 to 1, but not sure what stock is yet, the next closest is 16/37, 2.31 to one, don't know if that is too high, so going to count the gears I have first. I want a flex fan alum at CPW I have to look at their fan again, to see if it is the same as the $11 racing fans they. Will get the other parts next month.
Not sure but I think the 125cc scooter head had smaller valves than the 150cc

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
As far as dopping a scooter engine in a pocketbike check out the made in china websites,,They have superbikes with 250cc engines in them.........I, pretty sure that new bike swheels has is one of those type of bikes..Thats why the frame doesnt have a swingarm.......

For the head Id go with the 26.5/30.5mm one........

For the oil cooler setup Im pretty sure you have to drill and tap the engine case to add fittings.............or you can buy the oil cooler kit........

http://www.drowsports.com/Manufacturer/47/1/Taida_Parts

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at the $330 oil cooler kit. Since my motors in a box, and I want to see inside anyway. I will drill and tap my own entrance & exit for the extra billet alum oil cooler I already have here. There fittings look like the brass barb fittings I get at the hardware store,lol.
I have 2 engines, 2 hp cams, 2 heads to fit to bigger cyld barrel, plus a stock 150cc total rebuild kit. The 30mm valve head is to much money for me. Not trying to build a race bike, I just want a little more horsepower, so I can pull a little higher gearing, or riding my kids on the back. That's why I am not using the 2000lb springs and only the 1500 stuff and stock is 100lbs.
When you touch the throttle the bike wants to move right away, that's why I went to the 1500lb stuff.
There is a 63mm bore kit but you might have to bore the cases, I hope my 61mm kit fits the cases,lol.

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished the PZ27 carb on 26mm cut off ATV intake manifold cut and ground and made to fit the 30mm chrome hp scooter rubber part of the manifold that was made for a 30mm scooter hp carb. Going to keep the vacuum fuel pump that's on the scooter now and hook it the the little fitting at the bottom of the chrome intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 32mm carb I ordered is here, $80 shipped, came with 30mm polished manifold, and one leaner and richer main & pilot jet set. It's a lot of carb for a stock engine, but this 180cc high compression engine w/ hp cam and exhaust might be able to handle it, lol.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts