Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a B1 Origami clone with a 50cc Loncin 4 stroke engine in it. It needs a new carb and while hunting for parts I found a 26mm that will fit it, along with the stock 19mm. I was wondering if anyone has uped their carb from a 19 to 26, and what effects it had. I figure a bigger carb means more fuel and air, so in turn more power, but I don't want it to be too rich and run like crap either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That 19mm carb should be big enough for a 50cc, my 110cc came w/ the 19mm I put a 26 Mikuni, way to big. Try rejeting the main jet one size bigger. These have a pilot jet next to the main that comes out, its long, and clogs real easy, bike won't run right if its clogged.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i like to keep the carb close to the intake valve size, that motor is 23mm i think, so a 22mm carb is the biggest id put there
agree on the 19mm for you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I thought the 26 might be a little too much, and that thought has been confirmed.:D Are their any good and cheap power mods to do to this engine? I don't want to spend a ton, because I think I'm just going to restore this thing to better than new condition, and then try and find a good used 110cc super pocket bike. This 50cc one is going to be a great trainer for riding and working on, but I plan on relegating it to a "for my friends to ride" bike.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Blitz, nice kit, the best part is the alum cyld and high compression piston. That would make a big difference, might want to think about a high lift-duration cam also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. That engine mod looks sweet. With that and a cam, maybe a couple of other little things, maybe I'll get it to go fast enough that I don't need to buy a 110cc bike.:D

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
that 88 will burn that 110 up
i saw a very expensive 88 with a very good rider make people look like amatures at vir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts