Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to tear into my 2 new to me cags, and well the tail section plastics on both or not shaping up to be in good shape, a lot worse than I thought. I am fiberglassing them together, one is cracked into 2 pieces, the other is just cracked almost all the way over. I am thinking it may shape up to be more hassle than it's worth. I have fiberglassed laid down, and it feels good and stout so far, going to fiberglass the under side of it next. Is it just more cost efficient to buy 2 new pieces for them? They come on the market used often?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Oh i dont know what is a good price on body parts for those. The best ppl to ask is EPR and CAM2. They know the MTA2 bike and prices inside and out,

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well last night I broke the bike down to just the frame and starting to make a list of what I need. I have gotten good news and bad news. The motor is very clean, not much carbon build up, carb is spotless, I went through and porting it out a bit, I will upgrade before long. The exhaust deff needs some welding. The bracket is broke off completely so just a big hole in it. Most stuff I did not notice when I was buying them, should have looked closer. I am making decision to replace one seat piece and fix the other. Giving one bike to my brother for Christmas after I get it fixed up. I am going to repaint everything, wheels are being painted now, rest of it needs sanded and deciding what approach to go with it. Going to do orange and dark blue with a splash of green.

I will post pics later, what site does everyone use to quickly get photos up here?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
For posting pictures and videos most of us use photobucket.com.
If you have a autozone or something like that you may find a fiber glass kit. Easy to do and fast fix for plastics. I havent tried it on the pocket bike plastic body parts. You would be able sand and paint right over it. Iv also used JB wield on plastic car bumpers. Fixed cracks and holes with it. You can sand and paint over it also. JB wield is only $5 at walmart. Might be worth a shot before spending money on a new set of plastics for it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the resin and mat, one of the bikes piece is in 2 pieces haha, and has a hunk missing... it's getting replaced other one will be patched and my brother can replace if he wants.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Not only did I fix my broken tail I strengthened up the tail with aluminum reinforcement before i fiberglassed both sides......My tail had 5 different cracks in it from my EvilWasp Cag whipping out from under me

Its better to use Permatex 5 min plastic welder and some donor plastic to seal and reinforce the cracks/breaks first.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a great idea, I have one piece still with just one layer fiberglass on top side, I am going to fiberglass bottom side, the other one is a different story, can't get it lined up worth a crap. It will be replaced.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks...Not only did I bond the aluminum to the body with resin then throw on a coat of matting...I also fiberglass matted the outterpart aswell........My body weighs about 2 1/2 times heavier but its strong as nails at the tail and seatpan now all the way up to the gastank cover underneath....One day ill sand it smooth on the outside and give it a proper paintjob but it seems I have better luck when keeping things a bit ratty looking in order tro keep them in one piece....Thats just my luck....LOL.........

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha yeah, I am trying to take my time on this bike this time. Last time I had ongoing issues with reeds staying closed, motor not starting, this one I am taking my time... except for every body piece has the best stickers I have ever seen on it and they won't come off... By best I mean best quality.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually I just stumbled upon all new plastics for the A2 for $60 for all of it. That seems like a hell of a deal and just let my brother deal with all the decals on his and plus I will have an extra set of fairings laying around haha.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got my frame painted, need to sand my plastics now so I can think of a scheme to do. I am hoping to sell a textbook of mine tomorrow and get my seat plastic ordered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.