Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im Mark and im a father of 3 and my oldest had his first quad 3yrs he is 9 and he always complaining about not being able to turn property lol and bought a mini dirt bike and recently sprayed it all including engine/frame/plastics/handle bars the lot lol.
I love it ha ha.
So after taking a long time friend and his son on my boys quad whilst my son rode his beloved dirt bike fully restored my friend choose to buy 1 for his son :).

Problem 1 mini quad; chain to loose and a lot of wear from chain dangling down and their is no sign of a chain tensioner being there! !!!
No. Engine is either running to high or im hearing a popping noise.

What ive done so far as it's a well worn in bike as the tyres are well worn to and pull start broken.
Fixed the leaking over flow on carb (I think this will always happen but HOPEFULLY someone can clear this up??)
New pull start fitted new thumb throttle and brake all fitted and are now working efficiently.
And when I started it the first time i never drove it but left it running but seemed louder than my 49cc quad/bikes and the following day I done the same because the mixture ratio was to rich and was properly red just to run it out with properly mixed 2stroke then the chain came of and I see no signs of a chain tensioner or existing 1 and need some advice please.
Will post pictures when I sus it out.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Look at the chain adjustment thread you posted in, I put pics shows where the axle adjusters are. from there you can get that chain nice and lined up and tight.

For the overflow, what you want to do is open up the carburator bowl, remove it, and bend the two little metal forks down 1/8th of an inch. It will stop leaking from there.

Your break in mixture should be about 32:1 for one full tank, just give it very light taps of gas, nothing past 1/2 throttle. This should heat cycle the motor and temper the piston rings so they can set properly in the cylinder.

Then give it a tank of 40:1, get the tuning right, change the main jet if needed. Once it's idling properly, no rich/lean condition, rip it for the remainder of the tank. voila.

Here are some pics of my mini quad, and my most recent HP motor build.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww m8 I've just realised I've lost twice Sorry fell asleep.

Hey bro that looks sik bro Trust the exhaust is real nice and also love the flaps and the frame now is this Not the original? I'm guessing you've fabricated this to?? Seems like but all fairness thats Bad ***.

Engine looks resprayed and love the orange on it and would be great if you've done a thread on this restoration to save me questioning for advice lol

Love how you strpped the engine, see you tube was my best friend until I found this site lol

So do you have a thread on

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Aww m8 I've just realised I've lost twice Sorry fell asleep.

Hey bro that looks sik bro Trust the exhaust is real nice and also love the flaps and the frame now is this Not the original? I'm guessing you've fabricated this to?? Seems like but all fairness thats Bad ***.

Engine looks resprayed and love the orange on it and would be great if you've done a thread on this restoration to save me questioning for advice lol

Love how you strpped the engine, see you tube was my best friend until I found this site lol

So do you have a thread on
Thanks man. Ive had my hands in motorised things since i was 5 years old.. two strokes are fairly new to me aswell... i used to race pocket bikes and keep them in shape with my old man but not i mostly do my own handywork.. there is a thread with alot of my progreasion in the air cooled section of the forum... youll also find that cam2 has some of the best tutorials for home made mods.

The frame is a stock except moded to my liking... no fairings for extra street cred points ;).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks man. Ive had my hands in motorised things since i was 5 years old.. two strokes are fairly new to me aswell... i used to race pocket bikes and keep them in shape with my old man but not i mostly do my own handywork.. there is a thread with alot of my progreasion in the air cooled section of the forum... youll also find that cam2 has some of the best tutorials for home made mods.

The frame is a stock except moded to my liking... no fairings for extra street cred points ;).
Wish my old man knew about bikes and motors lol.
Yeah lmao, I want to be the old man who learns his boy bout bikes haha and so on and on.
Nothing like a good day out watching boy 9yr old brapping on his bike I resprayed which he then rode straight into a huge puddle lmao. Happy times tho and worth seeing his enjoyment and a valuable lesson he learnt being unable to ride it until cleaned out. Which ive got to do in the coming weeks.
Here is my first project

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=188&pictureid=1012

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.