Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told I have an X12 Frankenstein. Not only can I barely find information on an X12, I haven’t seen a singular thing on an X12 Frankenstein. This bike is also a 2 stroke, not a 4 stroke. I have no clue where to even start looking for information on this. Can anyone help me out? I also need to buy multiple parts for it and I don’t know where to look for them either.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
A Frankenstein bike is where somebody takes a few different model pocket bikes and conglomerates them into one.

Like Frankenstein the monster where the mad scientist takes three or four dead bodies and sews them together into one and brings it to life.

I can tell you right now the guy that put that thing together was not thinking very well when he took a pocket bike engine and jammed it onto a mid bike that engine is way underpowered for a bike that size your best bet would be to lose the two-stroke engine and find the proper 70cc four-stroke shifter engine that is supposed to be on that bike or upgrade it to 125cc pit bike engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I rode it the other day and it was decent but it was definitely lacking power. That area for the engine has quite a bit of space. I’m currently looking into doing a predator 212 swap with a CVT. I don’t really have the money to go and buy one of the 400$ 125cc engines so that’s a lot cheaper alternative with similar power. Thank you so much for all the help, I really appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
A predator swap with a CVT would be crazy powerful and way more reliable than any Chinese pit bike engine... I would definitely go that route. Another thing you can look for is a used genuine Honda engine like something off of a CT70 or a similar Honda three wheeler engine they will bolt right in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve been looking around at used engines off eBay, Craigslist, and Marketplace and they have all been around 400. It’s definitely gonna take some more Frankensteining to make it all work smoothly but I think the predator is my best option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts