Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Them billet cases are from Europe. Someone has the same style but in cast alum or billet alum, the full circle crank works with mine cause it a Polini style with the flow over the crank and not up the middle like stock. They were I think $250 for cast. The best thing to do is use a 47cc 10mm rod crank and a 40mm or 44mm piston with 10mm pin. The 49cc crank is heavier than the 47cc and light is good. Most 44mm/ 49cc have a heavier 12mm crank and piston pin. The the 44mm/10mm piston & cyld is a Big Bore Kit, to the 40mm/47cc engine, which rod end was 10mm so they made a 44mm/10mm piston and 44mm cyld to use on the lighter 40mm crank, and the engine will still look stock.

I try my best not to use a FC crank in the stock cases, make the engine out of balance and blocks flow up the middle. Me and CAM2 like the 40mm bore cause, the 44 cyld has a channel above the exhaust port which lets the compression leak on its way up. Plus the 40mm cyld has a thicker cyld wall, better for cooling.

If I am going to build a 44mm cyld, I like to use the 47cc lite crank & with a different cyld than comes with the kit and 44mm billet head, cause it has 3 upper ports and no cyld wall to ride on. I replace the cyld they give you with something else, then modify it and the piston on the 47cc crank, then the billet head. If you build a 40mm/10mm engine w/ billet head you need a kit w/ 40mm compression cap, the 49cc is 44mm copper head gasket.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
As always you guys are the ****!!!!! I love how you guys back each other up on your hobbies as well I haven't had anyone help me since i left Cali. in 98 to come to Arkansas to raise my 2 little girls. where I grew up i was the motorcycle mechanic, and the fixer for everything else as I went through my teens, I guess that's why I got into Engineering I could see things in my head when others couldn't. That engine is too cool, I don't believe I'm going that far I just started sanding the fairing and there's a motorcycle show in Fort Smith May 3rd. I'm going to enter it into one of their award categories and see if I can get a ribbon pinned on it for my Daughter ,and myself of course. Sometimes just a stupid little ribbon makes all the difference and helps to keep your head up in the real world. I to have time do to some unfortunate injuries that lead to my early retirement, so I tried to help other people with some of their problems in life, like rewiring a house or something technical, but after awhile those people go away and I still felt like I needed to accomplish something. I turned to my family and that seems to be working, they never have to pay me back and I get more contact with them since their college Graduates and have moved on it's worth it. I'm doing this sidecar for our 10 year old, she could care less about it she's into Roblox right now, but it's obvious that my achievements effect her because she brags to her friends about the things Daddy does for her. My Wife and I adopted her straight out of her real Mothers arms at 4 months old, her real more is still a crack ho and our Daughter only knows that her real mom and dad cant take care of her so her "Mom & Dad," adopted her to give her a stable life. A lot of people around here are in the same situation but it's the best thing we could have done she's top of her class and going straight to the moon in life. Maybe for real? Anywho, I love the engine that CAM2 built and if I was going any further I would probably do that, but I've spent enough time on this project and learned a ton, even 3 times as much since you guys started to help me. Thank you both it made this project even more special with all the background info and current suggestions that you have so generously given me, I will get this picture thing working and post more pics. I am going to build myself a proper stand out of square 1" tubing with locking casted for display of the sidecar I still have 2 months till the bike show and I can build the stand in a matter of hours in the garage I still have my huge toolbox and all of my welding equipment, I already made a B.O.M. and ordered the 4 casters.
I hope I can ask you some questions in the coming summer about the proper way to restore this shotgun i found? I have had and still have plenty of guns around the house, however I have never rebuilt one before so I will be starting from scratch. I'm a 3rd generation Machinist and my Father, and Grandfather were into guns big time, I grew up with theirs but I never got into the technical part like they did. They were able to use the Machine shop in our backyard and modify or reproduce anything they wanted, I've seen some pretty crazy stuff they turned out. My Father even bought the prints from a gun shop in Chatsworth, California in the 70's and made a complete WWII British Sten Mark II, including the silencer! He quickly sold them to guys he employed in his shop because it is 20 years for every gun, and 20 for every silencer, he made 3 of each, I got to shoot one at 13 years old in the desert. Of course grandpa liked his BAR, fully auto with the round drum. between them both there were probably 40+ guns around at all times. I'm only a 1 of each kind of guy, but that still gives me about 10 with 10 cases of matching ammo to go with them, when I get into this old 12 gauge I'll ask questions so you can again make sure I restore it properly.
Thanks again, I am so happy to have a couple of people I can look up to, getting on to 51 now I don't have people I can trust anymore, or that just aren't in it for themselves.
Thank you, Robert.
I hear ya...We all need to do things to keep our minds busy...Im only 1 year behind ya in age .....LOL

I buy and restore surplus military equipment too......Its hard as heck trying to get the gov't to give you information about parts so I have to work my way around the problem retrofitting similar parts and making them work..........LOL

I love tearing them down seeing what makes them tick...…….LOL

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I also like making things from mainly scratch...

Had a friend that was into making maple syrup so I went on the internet and looked at prices for professional ones and saw prices of $2500-$3 grand plus like $500.00 to ship it...

Grabbed up some scrap metal plus some from Home depot and my cheap 220 Harbor Freight welder and whipped one up for $400.00 and that's with saving the burner motor from a salvage yard... The biggest expense was the white fireproof ceramic blanket insulation it had to be lined with also the stainless food grade evaporator pans which wasn't part of the $400.00 build price..

In the end result I made a quick grand out of the deal for literally a days work and my buddy got his maple syrup business started for less than half of what one of comparable size and BTU output costed...…….

I also get all the free different flavored syrups I can handle...…………..LOL

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
About 20-25 years ago I drawn these around the time A Bugs Life , Lil Mermaid and The Mummy movies came out..Im pretty sure Jurassic park too......LOL.

My nieces and nephews flipped hard for them aswell as their friends and teachers...……I gave them each a complete set….Even my dad wanted some...LOL

I transferred the drawings over to the computer on Auto Cad digitized the drawings then transferred them to floppy disk then into the CNC mainframe of my dads 4000 watt 3 gas matrix laser he had back then...

Most of the stuff is cut out of 316 grade stainless and most are designed to be bent into 3d freestanding shapes...……..

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
That's some pretty cool laser work!
I use to use AutoCAD, and FabriWin to program an Amada laser back in 2000, but all of my work was for Aerospace applications.
Your art is just awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
hey guys I changed my fuel filter from cheezy clear cheap one to this cheezy red anodized one, I do have the flow in the correct direction, right? Also if you look under the fork tube stoppers I installed I put on an ignition switch holder, I know it doesn't need one but i have a cool 2 wire chrome one coming in to fit into the chrome holder sideways. I know i don't need it but along with the gold anodized kill switch, and the red C1 anodized bar clip on's coming in i already have a 2 wire black/red traditional on/off switch on the bars on the right, opposite side of the kill switch. It may seem like a bit much but remember I'm going for 100% show not actually racing, I'm hoping to in time get some notoriety from this and sell it or trade it for a car for our 10 year old so when she turns 15 1/2 we don't have to pony up. so I'm doing way overkill, ignition, on/off switch, thumb kill switch, C1 bars, and I'm still looking for more bling. Believe it or not the area we live in the very wealthy outnumber the middle class 3 to1 so my hope is in the next 5 years hopefully with a few show awards and all the pictures in order from original black broken down ugly to sitting on a custom mirrored stand for show I can get a kid, or adult that just has to have it. around here most of the wealthy families have 4+ cars and I'm hoping we can trade for 1 they have just sitting around that they don't care about but is good enough for our Daughters first car, I know wishful thinking, but you never know. Also I'm going to be able to start it up on the stand off the ground to show people that it's a running ride ready bike to go along with the bling. So if I can pull it off after we trade or they pay up they can take it off the stand and go crash it for themselves, then it's on them because they have no experience on how to place their body so it goes straight. The guy i bought it from crashed it inside of 10 seconds because he sat on the seat and hit the gas instead of putting his body weight left front. it went straight left into a curb and broke the front plastic. He got off it stuck it in his garage and 4 years later put it on Craigslist, I saw it in the first 15 minutes, that's how I got it for $100. he paid $400 for it but it wouldn't start and he just wanted it out of his garage so I jumped on it and started this long 3 year project. So please don't think less of me for making it into a show piece, I am doing all the work to let it go on the track, otherwise I wouldn't have rewelded it in the first place. however I know if I try to ride it I'll just tear it up so that's why I'm going the show route. Anywho, is the fuel filter in the correct direction? I think it is?
thank you, Robert.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
That's some pretty cool laser work!
I use to use AutoCAD, and FabriWin to program an Amada laser back in 2000, but all of my work was for Aerospace applications.
Your art is just awesome!!!!!
Thanks...My mom worked in the Aerospace industry so did EPR's dad…..….

Everybody has a mission or a goal or a bunch of them they'd like to accomplish in life or do things to keep the idle time filled...

I don't judge..Sometimes the text seems harsh and that's left for the interpretator to judge and you seem to interpret well..

After-all;-Im a grown man playing with Chinese junk too....LOL.

Rock-on my friend...You definitely get much respect and if you knew how old some of the other members here are you'd feel more at ease.....….

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I appreciate the kind words CAM2, and btw the engine with the tunnel ram is cool, I bet that thing is fast. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!! Robert.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I appreciate the kind words CAM2, and btw the engine with the tunnel ram is cool, I bet that thing is fast. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!! Robert.
You're Welcome...…….That was built on a dare and a bet...Its just a cammed-up V6 with a blower and a compound turbo..

The bet was just to get it all bolted to an engine and get it running because the hypothesis of the conversation was could you get an EFI engine boosted on an old-school blower and a compound turbo setup all under the hood of a car.....…I picked a tiny Ranger Pickup to drive the point home...LOL.

The blower isn't mounted in the traditional way either like they are mounted to an intake manifold...…. It was used a volumizer,pressurizer and a compactor for the coldside turbo on a compound turbo setup....

As far as fast...…….My 2010 Range Rover Sport when it was supercharged before going twin turbo LS was faster.....LOL

So was the Nova with a 5.3ls,98mm turbo and a 250 shot of nitrous.Startedout as a rustbucket not even worth saving..Another dare project...8.56 seconds for $8800[paintjob included] and done it in 8 weeks too......LOL

Oh did I mention it was also done outside no garage during one of the mildest winters we had here which was pretty unreal...Started it last week of Jan and worked on it til last week of March...Took it to the track in April and sold it for a profit at the end of the season painted……..LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
U!!!!! The man!!!!!! that's too cool and for a profit!!!! I'm still not able to post pics I've tried 20 different ways and still nothing????? It's basically just a jet ski garage roller to move one around that I got off Amazon for $120 but it's ugly galvanized looking metal kind of, well exactly like the carport metal they use. my Daughters think it should be black so I'm probably going that route. I love the projects you take on!!!! Keep it up your in inspiring me to stay off my *** and do even more projects, thanks. I've started my 12 gauge it's torn down but rough so I'm cleaning it up carefully in order to preserve it, however I need to send out the double barrel soon for the inside coating, do you have someone you trust I can get a quote then send it too?
Thanks again, Robert.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Finally got the wife over to help me out but she can't get back far enough in the thread for the tips on how to post more pics or who to contact

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you go to postimgaes.com you'll find a "choose images" button. Clicking that will take you to your files where you just open the pic you want. After that has downloaded copy the hotlink for forums. Paste that into your text ... and we'll all get to see!

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
If your using a smart phone, you can post thru TapaTalk, I believe. I have a Win 10 lap top. I put my photos Windows Pictures, Photos have to be 1/2 Meg, 512Kb or less, 5 photos each post. I use to take them to Paint and re-size them from 12Megs. push the Upload Photos/ Files and browse your computer or the internet, then upload them to your post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm installing the last few things on my little sidecar, the front fairing is one of the last things and a few little trinkets.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ok guys, I think the Administrator's re-booted my, whatever, on here but I'm on classic now and I wasn't able to get there before. Now so far I am only able to make an album, so I started with just a few of the latest pictures in there, hopefully you guys can pull that up and check out my ignition get up, and the cart that I'm going to have Powder Coated Gloss Black, just like the Side Car frame. If you still can't find it, or see it, please let me know so I can try something else. As always, thank you guys for your support, and valuable suggestions!!!!!! Thank you, Robert, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Ok guys, I think the Administrator's re-booted my, whatever, on here but I'm on classic now and I wasn't able to get there before. Now so far I am only able to make an album, so I started with just a few of the latest pictures in there, hopefully you guys can pull that up and check out my ignition get up, and the cart that I'm going to have Powder Coated Gloss Black, just like the Side Car frame. If you still can't find it, or see it, please let me know so I can try something else. As always, thank you guys for your support, and valuable suggestions!!!!!! Thank you, Robert, Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Alls you need to do now is go to postimage and pic a picture , pick direct link

Before you post the direct link picture link put

Then after [IMG]"put picture link here"

After you put the [IMG]with "picture link" you end it with

So it looks like this....I put a space between [ and /IMG] to make it visable

https://i.postimg.cc/QMCWcHZQ/20181001-101431e.jpg[ /IMG]

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/QMCWcHZQ/20181001-101431e.jpg

The only part about posting them like this is you can only post 4 at a time.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I know you guys can't really see the Avatar pics but this one is of the ignition and the bracket I installed under the tank just behind the neck of the frame. Both chrome I made a chrome housing and a black rubber cap on the back of it then re did all the wiring and zip tied it neatly up so it's hidden and looks proper, yes we all know an ignition is like, really!!! But remember I'm going for maximum bling and I have decided to install a mirror onto the roll around frame that holds the bike off the ground so until I find a really good 3D Airbrush guy that I can trust to paint a cool looking race track, with other bikes on it, on the bottom I'm probably just going to do some semi fancy gold pin stripping. I really want a race track with several bikes, mine in the front of coarse, however to do that kind of 3D work on the WHOLE bottom and be able to do it with the structural bars there and have it come out looking like art I figure it might take awhile to find someone. If I can't find someone I'll just have to settle with some fancy looking pin stripping, I'm not going to do the old racing decals, I think that's too cheezy for a bling bike that I'm trying to get awards for. CAM2, I'm working on my SxS 12 gauge in between working on the front fairing repair and paint, so if you can point me in the direction of how to get the barrel's properly coated, and the best way so it will be usable, I would appreciate it. Thank you guys, as always!!!! Robert.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thank you for that, as always I will try, I really like your stuff, a Ferrari!!!! The bike with that awesome color!!!!! You the man!!!!!!

41 - 60 of 91 Posts