Pocketbike Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Thank you for that, as always I will try, I really like your stuff, a Ferrari!!!! The bike with that awesome color!!!!! You the man!!!!!!
Thanks....I grew up im in a small island connected to an island next to another uninhabited island which is part of a much larger island..

Lots of the neighborhood kids used the place to party and whatnot getting wasted and passing out under the bridge or at the beach...

I used the neighborhood to stay away from drugs and alcohol plus stay in shape by practicing with my BMX and MX bikes almost everyday after school...….I did other things too like archery,shooting guns fishing ,boating doing bmx bike jumps etc...…...In the winter there was plenty to do too like ride my scatkat hovercraft , honda odyssey cage kart and a few trikes also to mention ice skating and car skitching too..

It was basically a year-round urban paradise to take advantage of and that I did ...Racing was expensive so I mowed grass,shoveled snow and raked leaves for side cash starting at like age 9...….......LOL.

The defined track you see was carved out by me , my brother and a few neighborhood kids...…….

It was just a simple 25ft push across from my backyard on a homemade floating dock but was easily jumped across by me too.........…………LOL

Everybody raved and still raves about the Hamptons...OMGosh..This place is way better..Look at all that exclusive private beach we had to enjoy.

For a few years after the Jaws movie came out nobody wanted to go near the water.I wasn't scared.........LOL...…...LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I love those pics, and your growing experiences are those that most people only dream about, I'm so happy that there are those who got do good things growing up. That I now know is a real thing, thanks for sharing those pictures. I grew up in East L.A. Boyle Heights my dream was to get out of there before I was killed or spent the rest of my life in prison. I won't go into any detail but a white boy in the worst part of L.A. think of Training Day, crossed with Blood in Blood Out and I grew up there. My only out was the machine shop in our back yard. I did a solid year at 18 and didn't find my calling till 23, I got married, saved up 20k and loaded the U-Haul and been in Arkansas ever since. I was one of the lucky one's most of my childhood friends are passed by guns, or knives. I've been stabbed once and shot once, if I was still there I would either be homeless. or in jail, or dead. Coming to Arkansas saved a life for my beautiful Daughters and I don't talk about the past, life here is so much easier, still I had to retire early due to my injuries but it's all good I love where I'm at and after we got here I made soo much money we had several houses and really good jobs that allowed us to have a regular life so I'm good and so are my Daughters. Thank you for sharing that though, I knew there were normal people out there somewhere. Basically you lived the things I dreamt about, and still do, thank you for giving my dreams reality, at least now I know that it could have been me! I have no regrets but I love that I could have been one of those friends you grew up with! You made my day happy to start with, thank you. Robert.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now I know two people who've been shot in Boyle Heights. A friend of mine was down there to score some pot when the guns came out. I told him afterwards, "What did you think was gonna happen?"

East LA at it's finest.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I love those pics, and your growing experiences are those that most people only dream about, I'm so happy that there are those who got do good things growing up. That I now know is a real thing, thanks for sharing those pictures. I grew up in East L.A. Boyle Heights my dream was to get out of there before I was killed or spent the rest of my life in prison. I won't go into any detail but a white boy in the worst part of L.A. think of Training Day, crossed with Blood in Blood Out and I grew up there. My only out was the machine shop in our back yard. I did a solid year at 18 and didn't find my calling till 23, I got married, saved up 20k and loaded the U-Haul and been in Arkansas ever since. I was one of the lucky one's most of my childhood friends are passed by guns, or knives. I've been stabbed once and shot once, if I was still there I would either be homeless. or in jail, or dead. Coming to Arkansas saved a life for my beautiful Daughters and I don't talk about the past, life here is so much easier, still I had to retire early due to my injuries but it's all good I love where I'm at and after we got here I made soo much money we had several houses and really good jobs that allowed us to have a regular life so I'm good and so are my Daughters. Thank you for sharing that though, I knew there were normal people out there somewhere. Basically you lived the things I dreamt about, and still do, thank you for giving my dreams reality, at least now I know that it could have been me! I have no regrets but I love that I could have been one of those friends you grew up with! You made my day happy to start with, thank you. Robert.
Oh it was good but far from normal...…We had stuff like the Amityville horror and roots going on...I have my share of facial scars and got my first stab wound at 13 in my left upper arm at a teen nite club for teens 13-17...….…..

One of my friends shot a dust dealer because he sold dust to his sister who flipped out badly then my other friend who just got a job as a butcher took out his butchers knives from the trunk of his car and cut the head hands and feet off the body but still got caught when dumbasses left the guys wallet in the back pocket...……...LOL

Another one of my friends shot another friend whos father was a cop when they were playing with the dads guns and forgot it was loaded and he got shot in the noggin with his own dads gun..

We had our shares of problems in my family especially when it came to "Family" members if ya catch my drift but it definitely made me what I am today...….

We had racial riots and senseless murders happen for no reason everywhere....

My cousins moved to Arkansas when I was a kid,,,We lost touch because our mothers although they were sisters were like oil n water...…

My uncle worked in the gas industry and my cousins followed...Theyre doing as well as you are..They have kids and their kids have kids..More power to them I say..….

Im more of an employer than an employee and have been since I opened my first auto mechanics and body shop right out of high school at 17 as I graduated 1 year early and did it with one of my friends from vocational school..Got my first house with a mortgage at 19.It was $85,000...Paid it off in under 3yrs too...

I didn't go to college until almost 22 but I also sold my house for a profit and paid for my education,paid for what I ate,what I wore,what I drove and where I lived plus side hustled to keep the cashflow at a positive....I didn't have no student loan paybacks after I graduated and I didn't ask my parents for help..I hailed from Shelton College in Cape Canaveral Fla in 96.

My parents gave us everything too...My dad owned a machine shop that did 3.5 million/yr in gov't work and my mom worked in the aerospace industry for over 23 years...…….

Every summer we went on a 3 week vacation at a different place while on our 8 week summer vacation..I hated being away from my funplace as you can see...That's me at 14..Didnt I look happy.......LOL

I have more than 1 home too...I actually have 9 residential rental properties and 1 commercial property now...…….I also currently own/run 3 small businesses..

I've started-up and sold 6 other businesses prior plus have subcontracted in the microwave communications also the micro-robotics field plus also subcontracted for the DOD building firing solution boxes for the Apache helicopter...…………..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well it sounds like we weren't not that far off after all, I'm happy to hear your still going strong keep that up as long as possible. I feel a lot better not that you had a hard time also, but I feel like I still have a full life ahead of me even now. I too started and sold 2 businesses, did the whole college route, married, had 3 girls guided them through all the way out of college, bought 4 houses with my ex, and were buying our second with my current wife, all cash. I divorced, dated for 2 years and decided never to marry again then found my wife the next day. We never fight, she has spent all morning just getting me out of bed and walking, I'm having a physical, and mental bad day. Those aren't as often as a few years ago but still 1 or 2 a month. We adopted our littlest daughter straight out of a crack ho's arms 2 weeks after we meet, I thought that was the end of our relationship but it was just the opposite. That's who I'm building this sidecar for the first pic I have of it is with her on it in our garage all black and broken, and the last pic will be of her on it while it's finished on display hoping for an award ribbon or something. I really had an ok childhood because I didn't know any better, and the movies were just that movies and not my life. I was lucky to get out of there and get here, and my life now is good. We're not poor, I made sure of that 20 years ago, but we have to live within our means and that's ok with me, we are happy and just came back from a front row center Skillet, they do the opening song for WWE, concert last Friday. I consider myself lucky all being said, and yes I know the family thing my dad ****ed away Grandpa's shop on Heroin, and my brother is an hour away just moved from Washington state last year and wants to make up for all the times he lit out and left me to the wolves. I can't get there, and over the last 4 months he's shown me exactly who he was 30 years ago, a selfish out for himself backstabber, so I can't let him in I was thinking about it till he told my wife, "you need to get away from him, he's a really bad person." After 4 months of me telling him I'm licking my wounds, give me time before I let you know my family, and he say's that! Now, my wife and I have never even raised our voices at each other because of both our colorful backgrounds, and we probably never will after 10 years of marriage we have a beautiful 10 year old to raise, then find a comfortable way to retire, which we more or less already have done by securing our finances with my past successes. Anywho, it's taken all day for me to get in front of this computer, thank you for sharing I feel normal again so I'm going to go take this jet ski frame to get it powder coated and keep moving forward!!!!
Have a great day! I'm going to start mine now!!!!! Robert.
P.S. My wife tried sending pics again a different way just before I wrote this, and I tried to start an album yesterday, however I don't think we've had any success yet, we have printed out and done exactly as you are trying to teach us but still nothing. I thank you for all your efforts, and I will prevail, we believe it has something to do with setting on our end, I will get some pics going, thank you for your help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I turned in the jet ski roller for powder coat, I had to change out all lock bolts for lock washers, and regular nuts so when it cured the plastic wouldn't bleed all over my new black. I have another problem though, ever since I took the sidecar off the 3 boxed holding it up on the table and set it on the floor, it looks like the rear tire has a slow leak sitting on it's own weight. what do I do guy's? I really don't want to take the rear rim off I had to force the rear forks open in order to get the wheel on in the correct location. So any ideas? Fix a flat? It will never again be on the ground as soon as I get it's back on it's stand and the tire seemed to not leak without weight on it, or at least I never noticed. It looks to have a week long leak under it's own weight and it's light, I picked the whole sidecar up left to right by myself, maybe a whole 50 pounds+ so far? Thanks. Robert.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ok 1 day turn around from the powder coat it looks just like the sidecar frame, thick black, and beautiful. Now my rear tire is completely flat from just sitting on the floor for 2 days, now as I stated earlier, off the ground it stays aired up? Should I just go with that for now? If I take off the rear wheel I will positively damage the black powder coat on the forks because I already scratched them when I spread the rear end out to accept the wheel with the spacers it needs to line up correctly. I used gloss black model paint to cover it and I was lucky I barely scratched it, you can't tell unless your underneath and I point it out. ideas guys? Thanks, Robert.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Well it sounds like we weren't not that far off after all, I'm happy to hear your still going strong keep that up as long as possible. I feel a lot better not that you had a hard time also, but I feel like I still have a full life ahead of me even now. I too started and sold 2 businesses, did the whole college route, married, had 3 girls guided them through all the way out of college, bought 4 houses with my ex, and were buying our second with my current wife, all cash. I divorced, dated for 2 years and decided never to marry again then found my wife the next day. We never fight, she has spent all morning just getting me out of bed and walking, I'm having a physical, and mental bad day. Those aren't as often as a few years ago but still 1 or 2 a month. We adopted our littlest daughter straight out of a crack ho's arms 2 weeks after we meet, I thought that was the end of our relationship but it was just the opposite. That's who I'm building this sidecar for the first pic I have of it is with her on it in our garage all black and broken, and the last pic will be of her on it while it's finished on display hoping for an award ribbon or something. I really had an ok childhood because I didn't know any better, and the movies were just that movies and not my life. I was lucky to get out of there and get here, and my life now is good. We're not poor, I made sure of that 20 years ago, but we have to live within our means and that's ok with me, we are happy and just came back from a front row center Skillet, they do the opening song for WWE, concert last Friday. I consider myself lucky all being said, and yes I know the family thing my dad ****ed away Grandpa's shop on Heroin, and my brother is an hour away just moved from Washington state last year and wants to make up for all the times he lit out and left me to the wolves. I can't get there, and over the last 4 months he's shown me exactly who he was 30 years ago, a selfish out for himself backstabber, so I can't let him in I was thinking about it till he told my wife, "you need to get away from him, he's a really bad person." After 4 months of me telling him I'm licking my wounds, give me time before I let you know my family, and he say's that! Now, my wife and I have never even raised our voices at each other because of both our colorful backgrounds, and we probably never will after 10 years of marriage we have a beautiful 10 year old to raise, then find a comfortable way to retire, which we more or less already have done by securing our finances with my past successes. Anywho, it's taken all day for me to get in front of this computer, thank you for sharing I feel normal again so I'm going to go take this jet ski frame to get it powder coated and keep moving forward!!!!
Have a great day! I'm going to start mine now!!!!! Robert.
P.S. My wife tried sending pics again a different way just before I wrote this, and I tried to start an album yesterday, however I don't think we've had any success yet, we have printed out and done exactly as you are trying to teach us but still nothing. I thank you for all your efforts, and I will prevail, we believe it has something to do with setting on our end, I will get some pics going, thank you for your help!
Yeah well I hate certain facts about my life...My mom and dad lived the Rockstar lifestyle due to certain family facts.....My mom had a house and my dad had his and my dad paid for both..

Me and my siblings have my moms last name and my dad has his....Im not named after my dad Im named after my grandfather hence the 2 after CAM and not jr...…….LOL

Anybody who calls themselves the II or III , IV etc and are named after their fathers theyre named wrong,,,Like Goerge Foremans kids...George 1-5.

Theres a specific reason for the numbers after a name that lots don't know the rules for......…Like a kid I grew-up with...He was the III but he was named after his dad and his dads father...…He should be a Jr jr..........LOL….

Your 4 houses on that property of yours must be huge seeings mortgages n taxes are pretty cheap there...My cousins have like 50 acres of land each and they pay hardly nothing compared to me...My taxes are $20k/year...LOL

Mines pretty small too...………I cant even afford a TV for my livingroom....LOL

When my grandmother died her house sat on 2 lots....The house was only worth $180k..I bought out the family ,knocked down the house subdivided the property and put two houses worth almost $700k each side by side.....

Not a bad investment and profit[pics below]...…………….LOL

When are we gonna see some real pics of this project other than small avatar pics...If you can post-up avatar pics you can certainly post-up the real deal..I even looked into your album page and its been started but its blank..

Using a computer to do such easy tasks should be a no-brainer for you being an engineer..Its not like youre a moving man or something of the sort...……...

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I'm happy that you're doing well in life, I am as well. I really am trying to post pics, as a matter of fact I'm going to spend this next hour devoted to it so I hope I can prevail. Robert.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Ok, CAM2, I went back to the Webmaster again for some help, hopefully they can assist me. As for being an Engineer, I had office personnel for these kind of things. I was more of a hands on the AutoCAD, MasterCam, CNC kind of guy. I had to be because everybody that told me, "I don't know how to do that." I either had to teach, or fire, and do it myself, however I am not a quitter, there is always a way. If the Webmaster can't help, I WILL find a way!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I am getting somewhere with the pictures, according to the site I'm full up on memory. I'm only allowed 18 pictures, now I tried to delete them and post more, however I was unable so I was able to start an album and I now have all my pics on the computer up till yesterday. I'm going to put the roller back together today and take more pics I'll try and install them in my album then. I hope it works, if not I need to know how to delete my first 18 pics so I can post more, no I don't know why it only gives me 18, like I thought in the first place I believe it's some setting in my pc. Thank you, Robert.

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
You know that you can put 10 pictures with descriptions in your garage, on this site. Click on the red garage letters under my name and you will see.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
EPR, I don't have any red letter under your name or anywhere on my screen on my end. I'm going to try posting some to my album again. I know you guys are trying to help, but it's either I'm totally missing something, and I don't think so my Wife is an Administrator for the public school system, and she can't get very far either. She got all my pics in one place both on my phone and my computer so I have 2 ways to post there, but only the computer "says" I'm posting in an album. I think it's just an outdated low end computer, I only got if for our Daughter to learn on about 5 years ago so I think I spent a whole $100 for it new on sale before Christmas. I'm not giving up but no red under either of your names or mine, so I'm going to try an album again. I asked for assistance on how to delete the original 18 pics that are taking up my memory, it seems if I can do that I can post, and delete at least, but no response yet. Bare with me guys, I promise I'm really trying every day until I get frustrated then I try again the next day, it's odds right I have to hit a free spin eventually?
I can get into the source code, idk why they let me in, or I'm getting in by mistake, but I haven't done dos since the 80's and that's what I'm reading, if I delete the wrong line, the jpg line idk? I tried the first jpg pic line but it errored out and kicked me out so without being an administrator I probably can't do anything. I'm probably getting in there by mistake in the first place, like I said this computer is very low end. I still believe I'll find the right setting so I won't give up. Still not red letters for a garage I wish there was one but not yet. Robert. I believe I sent the first part of this message already, see guys I'm trying everything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I'm going in circles guys :)
funny, I think that's what my sidecar would do if I steered straight :) Robert.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts