Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i go to start up the x19 yesterday, and noticed some plugs were unplugged......with no male ends to plug into......found the one givin me probs and plugged it in, but have a blown fuse...
now throughout this whole dilemma, i told myself, if this had a kickstart.......
thats y i want to convert it.
also itll be FASTER LOL
so any helpful tips/tricks to this coversion?
also a good place to buy a motor??
ok ill get to the shop and take pics when i can........untill then...
KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP!!!:D
billy

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
I believe the only way to change it is to replace the whole motor cuz its all one motor and transthere are plenty of places that sell the stock motor but for a little more u can upgrade to a bigger motor but there will always be additional cost like carb exhaust clutch cable ect but there are lots of options for a motor out there I could fill this page with links but just Google it

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh my plan is to do a complete motor swap, just lookin to see if theres any problems with electrical, or what i can safely remove from electrical.
and dont fill the page, but gimmie a few to browse.....not too lucky with searching...
also would buy used???? anyone in new england around?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok so snoopin around i have 2 motors actually for it.....my friends but he said i could have em. they look like my engine.
no camera right now but one head has 72cm3 on it
one has an aftermarket head on it and it says 120cm3 on it.
says sikkmx on the side cover?
any help with this?
i kno pics are coming i promise.
thanks!
EDIT
maybe this???? looks nice....
http://www.tboltusa.com/store/lifan-120cc-engine-p-484.html

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes. it turns over but i need a clutch cover for both and idk what they even are

·
1,278 Posts
if u still need a motor when fall comes ill give u my stock 110 4 spd from my x19 i got a 160 motor for it but i know if i tear into that bike now it wont be together till winter lol just merly a suggestion lol its only got about 68 miles on it right now prob have about 80-100 on it by fall
if your like me tho u wont b able to wait

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
if your gonna buy a motor then there is only two id consider
a 125-140cc or the 160hybrid
even a base 125 is at 8hp and plenty of fun plus has many upgrades
the 160 is at 12hp with the same amount of upgrades

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
prelude........def be interested. ima see if it wont start after i change the fuse......if i can find one!!!! those motors i have are cool, but dont kno it there gna run. def lmk about that engine!!!!!!

·
1,278 Posts
hey i got a question for u about your bike im just noticing the color and i know thats not a stock color and the same looking bike i see here on nh craigslist along with a x18 for sale did u just buy that bike or are u trying to sell it just curious just seems wierd seeing 2 of those the same flip flop color bike5.jpg

bike2.jpg

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no not mine but def thought i was the only one with one! lolol!
u from nh?
thats nice and close to me......
from rhode island

·
1,278 Posts
NA im from the bury Tewksbury ma next to Lowell it just seemed odd the same flip flop.colors lol I figured it had to b u guess not lol

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
awesome drgn, sent a pm.
now the old engine is out, just wondering what i can remove from the harness, seeing im having no frills on this.
any help is mucho appreciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok, so pics are shizz but here they are.
auto is on right new manual on left.
this will prob just serve as a mockup motor, dono if it will run
in the pic with wires......
i dont have a plug on new engine.......can i hardwire the plug end on here?
ok thats all i got for now, and still wondering about that harness.....would love to get rid of what i can today. also, anyone kno where i can find a clutch cover for this??? engine here?
thanks!
billy

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts