Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am considering putting on a bigger carburetor soon just to have maximum power gain, for a cheap price. If I bought either the 24MM or 26MM Mikuni Carburetors for like $40.00 off ebay, would I need to get a different intake?

Do they sell adapters for your intake?

Thanks! This is for a X7 Pocket bike, the stock carburetor is a PZ-19.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Seeings you have a full auto bike I would go no biger than a 22mm unless you are doing more extensive mods to it to utilize a bigger than 22mm carb.............

Any carb larger than a 19mm would require porting of the stock intake to match the head and carb or buying one............

Id do the headbreather mod and blend up some Amsoil 5w/20 synthetic[60%] and 40% Castrol 10w/40 4t 4stroke oil........

Id also mod the exhaust......................Good luck

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I got a 22mm on my X18, works real good, you can rejet the pilot or main jet and adj. the needle height of the carb piston. If you go 26mm you loose suction, have to jet way bigger to get enough gas for a good mixture. I went from 14 to 19mm Dell on my C1 50cc and with help off people here have to jet 6 or 7 sizes bigger just to get it to run right.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may do the headbreather mod soon, but I don't have a whole lot of time which is why I was just going to stick with a carburetor. I modded the exhaust not to long ago, I ported and painted it, and also I have a soup can on there to allow maximum air flow.

If I got a 22mm would I need to jet up, or would the carburetor already have big enough jets, to run correctly?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I may do the headbreather mod soon, but I don't have a whole lot of time which is why I was just going to stick with a carburetor. I modded the exhaust not to long ago, I ported and painted it, and also I have a soup can on there to allow maximum air flow.

If I got a 22mm would I need to jet up, or would the carburetor already have big enough jets, to run correctly?
Always get a jetkit for the carb you have.....It gives you flexability to get the thing tuned if need be...............

EPR seemed to have some pretty good luck with his 22mm carb on his X18 as far as jetting...........

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would something like this work do you think? -- 22MM CARBURETOR HONDA CRF50 XR50 CRF XR CARB ATV CA05 | eBay

The holes for the intake on the PZ-19 are 48MM a part, the ones on the 22MM carburetor are 49MM a part will that make a huge difference in fitting?

I will have to port match the intake as well.

Also where do you get a jet kit for a stock PZ-19?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Dude, thats the carb I got, from a different supplier, but i paid S/H, it came to $24.95, just like the one you showed. All 3 of my carbs even my 26mm Mikuni are 48mm, someone took a quick measurement and got 49mm, happens to me all the time. I have jet 2 jet kits for 6 different carbs, so I did not need one, but Cam2s right, get a jet kit if you can or find one later.
I did not exspect my X18 to start, and all I did was bolt it up, primed it, put on the choke lever, started about the 3 kick, I almost wet my pants I was so Happy.
I went to WidgetSupply in Oregon, online, and got a 3 sets of Gauge drills and a Vise handle to hold & drills All three kits to my door for under $19. There $6.95 kit goes from .013" to .040" , .3 to 1mm. I got a 2mm to 3mm drills for another $4 or so. Your 22mm main jet is around .85mm or .038" of an inch, pretty small.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I used my 20mm stock intake, rounded the inside edge where it meets the carb, its only .080" , .040" bigger a side than stock, so a small inner radius lets the air & fuel flow over it with no restriction like a sharp edge.
Don't make it too big of a radius, or your O ring in the plastic isolater between the carb & intake manifold will not seal. Its hard to fit my X18 cause the carb faces forward and there is no room, the intake manifold has to be just right. You have an X7, 4 stroke, is your carb facing forward or back??
Nick, I was looking at the clutch housing on your C1, do you know how much they cost, $ 150 or something, thats what stopped me from getting one. The bike new was $450.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Nick, I was looking at the clutch housing on your C1, do you know how much they cost, $ 150 or something, thats what stopped me from getting one. The bike new was $450.
That is a stock one trimmed down with a hack saw blade :thumbsup::p:thumbsup:

But thanks for thinking I must be sitting on tons of $$$ <----I'm pretty broke!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Dude, thats the carb I got, from a different supplier, but i paid S/H, it came to $24.95, just like the one you showed. All 3 of my carbs even my 26mm Mikuni are 48mm, someone took a quick measurement and got 49mm, happens to me all the time. I have jet 2 jet kits for 6 different carbs, so I did not need one, but Cam2s right, get a jet kit if you can or find one later.
I did not exspect my X18 to start, and all I did was bolt it up, primed it, put on the choke lever, started about the 3 kick, I almost wet my pants I was so Happy.
I went to WidgetSupply in Oregon, online, and got a 3 sets of Gauge drills and a Vise handle to hold & drills All three kits to my door for under $19. There $6.95 kit goes from .013" to .040" , .3 to 1mm. I got a 2mm to 3mm drills for another $4 or so. Your 22mm main jet is around .85mm or .038" of an inch, pretty small.
Where did you get the jet kets for the 6 different carbs? When you say you got 3 sets of Gauge drills, what exactly are those? I am looking to find a jet kit so I can tune it correctly I never had the opportunity to do that with the stock carburetor, since I couldn't find a jet kit.

I used my 20mm stock intake, rounded the inside edge where it meets the carb, its only .080" , .040" bigger a side than stock, so a small inner radius lets the air & fuel flow over it with no restriction like a sharp edge.
Don't make it too big of a radius, or your O ring in the plastic isolater between the carb & intake manifold will not seal. Its hard to fit my X18 cause the carb faces forward and there is no room, the intake manifold has to be just right. You have an X7, 4 stroke, is your carb facing forward or back??
Unfortunately bro, it is the same way for the X7. It is a pain to get the carburetor in and out without moving it in wierd formations haha.

EDIT: Alright so I just found these for the stock one, and I guess I should just forget those and start looking for a jet kit for the 22mm.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
How much are the stock jets?? Do they have different sizes?? Where did you find these jets at?? My carb, I don't have a jet kit, and this carb, I don't know who sells them, contact the buyer, I have bought from them before, with no troubles.
Thats why I got the gauge drill kit w/ drill holder for $7, and two other size drill packs. I can make a 0.3mm to 3mm, thats .013" to .120", that more than covers all my bikes, and there close insize so you can make half sizes. The 22mm carb probably has an .85mm, or about .038" hole in it.
If you can't find bigger jets, buy stock, and drill them to a few different sizes bigger and try that.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL I don't know why I put stock on there.. my bad. I mean't I found 19mm carburetor jets on google, but it did not tell the sizes so I was a bit confused..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The jet thing gets sticky, there are 19mm Dell and Dell Rep carb jets. I don't know what kind of jets are in my ATV Honda 22mm carb. Might want to take off the float bowl and look, some have wide round heads, some small round heads, but the thread size is most important. I have inner mixed similar jets w/ other type carbs if there close and have the same threads.
With summer coming, jetting leaner is probably the norm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts