Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This last week been working on 4 carbs for 4 bikes.
#1 is the 43cc, 40mm, Z1 Cag case engine with the one ring Z1 piston, made a 16mm 603 rep carb on modded alum Cag Walbro manifold w/ boost fitting. The first 2 photos
#2 is for the 52cc F1 Cag Billet case engine w/ 4 polini reed block and polini intake manifold. Modding a 19mm Dell PHBG rep carb, shimming the rear bore down to 17mm and will make the tube on back of the carb fit the polini intake manifold. Photos 3 & 4.
#3 is a Walbro WT-813 on a modded GS40 billet intake manifold, that will bolt to the 1/4 alum plate piece, and 4 holes in the corners will bolt over the the polini rep 4 reed v block. next 3 photos
#4 is the first one I did for my Red Head 49cc Hot Rod piston port engine a PZ19/17mm sleeved X18 carb, bolted to a alum plate, like #3. Photos 3 & 4 on second part.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, second part of the thread. The 3 photos of the WT-813 for the polini w/ blank adaptor plate, to be modded.
The last 2 of the PZ19/17mm on the Red Head piston port engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
:thumbsup: Awesome job EPR. I am really eager to see how your Z1 cag engine turns out. Especially with that case and light weight electric bike frame.
How do you get a 4 stroke carb to work on a 2 stroke?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the PZ19 carb idea from swheels, he welded a manifold & bolted up a PZ16mm to his 49cc piston port X7 bike and said it ran good. That's why I shimmed the rear bore to 17mm so it's not to big. Some times you need to change the atonmizer tube that main jet screws in a Dell PHBG either AN or AU and sometimes seals some holes in the tube. Carbs are not my specialty so we will see in the Spring on my engine stand, I will have 4 or 5 engines to run by then,lol.
Can't wait to start on the F1 Cag billet engine, now getting everything ready from clutches & flywheels to exhaust pipes. Waiting for the billing on the cases and bearings from Germany, will have to go to the bank and wire Euros to him and the fee to change money,lol.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish someone made a stroker rod or crank like the RC small engines, then you put a 3 to 5mm spacer under the cylinder, and more CCs.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could probably get or make a billet rod, but taking the crank apart and back together right takes a V block and a bunch of gauges, then tack weld he rod pin, like on the lite crank I got from Hugh at SDscooters.
I still have to find some 1/8" alum plate 2.5" x 2.5" plus a copper base gasket on each side, to raise the Z1 40mm cylinder high enough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There two ways to go bout making a stroker crank with a stock crank.
1 Get a hydraulic press. Press the pic out . Get on the lathe and turn a steel pin the exact size of the sock pin slice it put it in the stock hole and weld it . Get on the lathe or mill and go X amount of MM up and drill new hole for the stock pin. Press the pin back in.
2. Get an eccentric crank pin made . If your unsure what that is google it or I linked a pics.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/MARK1234SARA/offsetcrankpin_zps32509774.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/MARK1234SARA/IMAG0656.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/MARK1234SARA/IMAG0657.jpg

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't have the tools to work with a crankshaft. I am working on a 19mm HDA223B Walbro carb on an alum Cag manifold bolted to a flat ground stock C1 manifold. My C1 engine is apart for SKF bearings and seal everywhere, even the water pump, and I did some more cyld & case porting.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.