Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Ha!! I agree with MrKitty, you taught an officer laws he should know. I have actually had to do the same here. Crazy. Hopefully they won't bother you again. AND you learned a lot and shared for others to have a clue what to expect. That is a huge win!!

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded monster)
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I definitely learned some as well. I've had overvolted razors for Years and never rode them long enough to find the end of a motors life.
Yeah I mean I guess you could say I put it through an endurance test lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Good news! My 48v 1800w brushless motor and speed controller are on the way! ETA Oct 20-26... so excited!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You know, I am excited too!! Lol
So others, running sla, run 27mph stock, and have done a 'turbo' button. At top speed they bypass the controller and net 31mph.
Lets see if your setup with that lithium can achieve at least 30mph alone. I believe so.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You know, I am excited too!! Lol
So others, running sla, run 27mph stock, and have done a 'turbo' button. At top speed they bypass the controller and net 31mph.
Lets see if your setup with that lithium can achieve at least 30mph alone. I believe so.
I'd be happy with that! I just gotta figure out how to wire it so it's constantly on high speed mode and all that jazz... from what I gather the company doesn't send wiring diagrams and my kit doesn't have the 3 speed switch on the throttle so I'll have to splice wires and crap

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
You will see but I believe those use a three-phase switched stator speed control brushless technology is completely different than brushed you will not be able to bypass the microcontrollers throttle positioning map like you can on the brushed setup any attempts to do so will fry it. Some of them have a serial port others have a USB and I have even seen ones with Bluetooth that can be programmed from a cell phone on the fly. Others have no port or no way to change them at all and they are programming them with a pic programmer from the factory and the map cannot be changed ( well not easily but anything can be done with a hot air rework station and a pic programmer with the proper IC socket )

You shouldn't have to worry about any of this since an 1800 watt brushless motor has enough power to twist the frame and start cracking welds!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You will see but I believe those use a three-phase switched stator speed control brushless technology is completely different than brushed you will not be able to bypass the microcontrollers throttle positioning map like you can on the brushed setup any attempts to do so will fry it. Some of them have a serial port others have a USB and I have even seen ones with Bluetooth that can be programmed from a cell phone on the fly. Others have no port or no way to change them at all and they are programming them with a pic programmer from the factory and the map cannot be changed ( well not easily but anything can be done with a hot air rework station and a pic programmer with the proper IC socket )

You shouldn't have to worry about any of this since an 1800 watt brushless motor has enough power to twist the frame and start cracking welds!
Holy christ... now that's what I'm talking about! Raw power baby!

But yeah what I meant was everything I've read on these say these have a low, med and high program already download and they can be toggled via switch (that I don't have) that plugs into one of the plugs on the harness or you can run a jumper wire between 2 of the 3 wires on that plug and keep it on one of those 3 settings... I just need to figure out what ones I jump to engage high performance mode

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Holy christ... now that's what I'm talking about! Raw power baby!

But yeah what I meant was everything I've read on these say these have a low, med and high program already download and they can be toggled via switch (that I don't have) that plugs into one of the plugs on the harness or you can run a jumper wire between 2 of the 3 wires on that plug and keep it on one of those 3 settings... I just need to figure out what ones I jump to engage high performance mode
Thats a cool 😎 one ... Then you can leave it in mid for regular ridding and high when you want a little extra with 1800 watt brushless you will see 35 to 40 mph maybe faster with the right gearing most people get 30 to 35 on a 1000

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thats a cool 😎 one ... Then you can leave it in mid for regular ridding and high when you want a little extra with 1800 watt brushless you will see 35 to 40 mph maybe faster with the right gearing most people get 30 to 35 on a 1000
I'll be running the stock gearing for a while, seems to be a happy medium. I just want the full unbridled power of those 1800 electric ponies!

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
I'll be running the stock gearing for a while, seems to be a happy medium. I just want the full unbridled power of those 1800 electric ponies!
More then twice the power you more then likely will be forced to change the gearing to tame down the torque

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
More then twice the power you more then likely will be forced to change the gearing to tame down the torque
We shall see how long the t25 chain holds up next! Hahaha!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Shadow conspiracy chain huh? I'll look into that! And don't worry I'll do a play by play of install

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
So decided, my neighbor wants to upgrade his sx500 he just picked up. It has 3 brand new batteries. We will mod the controller and throw a 4th battery at it. Sla's for now. After that he will lithium upgrade. But for about $30, cant beat it.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts