Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So almost time to get the rest of the parts for my upgrade.. I have a few questions for the master mechanics. I have the A/C 6.2 in the GRC GP frame. Am I going to need a new crank with the BZM 6 port kit? How important will a new muffler be? They say there are 2 different ones in the parts list. An Air Cooled and a water cooled version.. Again a new muffler will kill my budget.. :( But my big worry is the Crank, if I need a new one to match the head it will be another 300-400 bucks. Might just get another new bike at this cost.. :rolleyes:

I have the Radiator, Water pump, Mounts, hoses, BZM 6 port head, belts and gaskets.

I need the Water pulley clutch bell, Dell Orto 19 PHVB, BZM 6 port Cylinder and piston kit. Hopefully the Crank and Muffler can wait?!

Any advice before I get started would be greatly appreciated!! Pictures and updates will follow! Thanks in advance!

N!pples

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Alright the projects back on the move. I don't know alot about the BZM, but I would put the piston on w/ no rings on the rod and put the cylinder over it and see where it is at TDC. My real Polini gaskets have 3 thinknesses of base gaskets for Squish.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Ok, So almost time to get the rest of the parts for my upgrade.. I have a few questions for the master mechanics. I have the A/C 6.2 in the GRC GP frame. Am I going to need a new crank with the BZM 6 port kit? How important will a new muffler be? They say there are 2 different ones in the parts list. An Air Cooled and a water cooled version.. Again a new muffler will kill my budget.. :( But my big worry is the Crank, if I need a new one to match the head it will be another 300-400 bucks. Might just get another new bike at this cost.. :rolleyes:

I have the Radiator, Water pump, Mounts, hoses, BZM 6 port head, belts and gaskets.

I need the Water pulley clutch bell, Dell Orto 19 PHVB, BZM 6 port Cylinder and piston kit. Hopefully the Crank and Muffler can wait?!

Any advice before I get started would be greatly appreciated!! Pictures and updates will follow! Thanks in advance!

N!pples
It costs loot to have an engine pushing 14-16hp..............Youre gonna need a crank to get the most out of that head......The thing with buying another bike is theyll both be not as fast as the BZM6 port engine and thatll force you to spend even more loot them stress selling the other bike to recoup back some of the losses...stick with the bike and see it through...remember after the day its broken-in the clock starts ticking towards its demise.............

i remember the nitemares of rebuilding my GRC before I even knew what a GRC was...the guy who sold it to me called it a polini bike...........It needed a topend and a waterpump rebuild......I got a sleeve and piston from wiseco according to my specs which costed me a pretty penny.. The sleeve they found that would work without having to special order had 5 ports and I had to have the head machined for extra port channels to match the sleeeve............That bike was one scary thing to ride after getting it rejetted and dialed in......

The guy who got it from me traded his 91 Camaro ...He must of known what kind of pocketbike it was because he gave up the car fully loaded with a pretty nice stereo system,,and an EFI Nitrous Xpress setup.............

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It costs loot to have an engine pushing 14-16hp..............Youre gonna need a crank to get the most out of that head......The thing with buying another bike is theyll both be not as fast as the BZM6 port engine and thatll force you to spend even more loot them stress selling the other bike to recoup back some of the losses...stick with the bike and see it through...remember after the day its broken-in the clock starts ticking towards its demise.............
i remember the nitemares of rebuilding my GRC before I even knew what a GRC was...the guy who sold it to me called it a polini bike...........It needed a topend and a waterpump rebuild......I got a sleeve and piston from wiseco according to my specs which costed me a pretty penny.. The sleeve they found that would work without having to special order had 5 ports and I had to have the head machined for extra port channels to match the sleeeve............That bike was one scary thing to ride after getting it rejetted and dialed in......
The guy who got it from me traded his 91 Camaro ...He must of known what kind of pocketbike it was because he gave up the car fully loaded with a pretty nice stereo system,,and an EFI Nitrous Xpress setup.............

Haha, ****it! Figured as much... The loot thing is always the problem.. I will take your advice and just get the crank while apart. I'll just do it right from the start lol... Ya, I really don’t want to take it apart more than once a year... And when you say ticking to its demise after break in?! I should have at least a year on it after a fresh rebuild with maybe a tad more than average use??? YA?? lol Oh I hope so......... Guess I'll find out huh?
Nice trade for the Camero... Hope I don’t get tempting offers like that.. I wanna keep it... lol

Alright the projects back on the move. I don't know alot about the BZM, but I would put the piston on w/ no rings on the rod and put the cylinder over it and see where it is at TDC. My real Polini gaskets have 3 thinknesses of base gaskets for Squish.

I do have to wait a little longer to get the crank so I will see what distance i have with the stock.. The racing ones are just soo much more in price that I have to believe I need the better or matching one... Bah.. Think its 369 or so bucks from MidSouth... Oh my,,, lol

Thanks guys...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Have you looked at Tsun, for that part?? Their euro parts are suppose to be 25% off.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I need/want that Gold race one ya? $380 OUCH! Might have to wait one more month..

I will be buying most the stuff from Mid South unless I can find a few things used.. They are expensive but they are super nice and helpfull. I have to support the cause.. Its nice being able to meet up with them at a race and shop in the trailer of parts... Thats my candy store! :rolleyes:

lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts