Pocketbike Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

Registered
I honestly think you're way over thinking these engines. Just to the handful of simple mods on here and you're good to go.
I guess I'm lost with what you're trying to achieve. Out of all the reading I've done on here I've seen anywhere between 1 HP more than stock all the way up to 16 more than stock.
Pretty good out of a 49cc engine. Not sure if you can do anything else beyond that.
Or would want to.

Registered
Nice to see you bought tungsten.
I think it will make some difference.
Probably less shaking, more power.
Keep it up.
I still need to weld my exhausts 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #83
This is about experimenting and getting some real data how much the mods really make a difference. Not just saying "revs to the moon" after polished cylinder ports. Of course I have gone way overboard with the effort and time I have put to this, but it interests me so why not :D

16hp more than stock, from a cag engine is nonsense. Those numbers are probably from some European racing pocket bike...
I think about 6hp from rear wheel will be the limit for a basic china cag engine, using the stock type cylinder and cases.

Registered
Alright, I hear ya. And what most don't understand is anywhere in the 4-6hp range is a lot for these tiny bikes. Cheers to some good data!

Registered
Most sell yellow springs, the softest, up to blue then red, the hardest. That engine is never going to hit 14,000, and the carb is real hard to adj. Be better off with a 19mm Walbro HDA223B pumper carb, all adj on the side. Even a real Dell, has so many different jets main and pilots and atomizer tubes to tune it, which ones do you buy???

81 - 85 of 85 Posts