Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I purchased a used pocket bike, and I'm not sure exactly which one I have. I have tried searching, and it appears to either be a Blade, or a GP MX3. Could somebody help me identifying which one I actually have? I know the Chrome trim pieces have been removed, as well as a rear fender. I do know that it's a 40CC 4 stroke.

If someone is able to help identify which one it is. Could someone help guide me to a aftermarket exhaust? It currently has the box can exhaust on the front of the engine currently, and I would like to put an actual pipe on it if I am able to.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,939 Posts
It's the GP RS-R 4 stroke currently there are no aftermarket engine parts available for the 40cc Honda clone 4 stroke at this time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the GP RS-R 4 stroke currently there are no aftermarket engine parts available for the 40cc Honda clone 4 stroke at this time.

Thank you for the reply back. Could you point me in the correct direction for a replacement clutch and transmission assembly?

·
Super Moderator
2,939 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

What's going on with your transmission I ask that because I have never heard of anyone with the 40cc 4-stroke breaking the transmission...

the snap ring that holds the pinion gear on the transmission snapped off while my son was riding it, and it stripped out the spline on the transmission that the pinion gear slides onto…

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

What's going on with your transmission I ask that because I have never heard of anyone with the 40cc 4-stroke breaking the transmission...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MrKitty,

also, the links you sent me for the clutch and transmission. The clutch you sent me looks different then the one currently on the bike. The one that is currently on the bike has the 2 shoes, but it only has 1 spring in the middle. Will the one you linked me to still work?

·
Super Moderator
2,939 Posts
I don't know that mutch about the 40cc it would be best to find the part that is identical to what's currently in there they run at a lot lower rpm then the 2 strokes and if you accidentally put in the two-stroke clutch it will fry

·
Banned
380 Posts
I think the 4 stroke runs a Cag clutch, your trans is like MrKitty but it a little shorter. A new engine is $175, the cyld & cases split in half. Instead of $400, it would have been better to find a good used A2 Cag for $200 or less. No More 2 Stroke imports.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts