Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got this ported 43cc long block from CAM2, did a few more mods added a rocket key, and 15mm carb and V-stack. Started right up and sounds healthy, even the gutted exhaust sounded good. You can see my $20 H/F laser temp gun, got to 220* before I shut it down with a screwdriver to coil to ground, got to hook up a kill switch, lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Got this ported 43cc long block from CAM2, did a few more mods added a rocket key, and 15mm carb and V-stack. Started right up and sounds healthy, even the gutted exhaust sounded good. You can see my $20 H/F laser temp gun, got to 220* before I shut it down with a screwdriver to coil to ground, got to hook up a kill switch, lol.
Nice.....Like I said when i built the twin engine mini harley;-alot of people were surprised to see one bike because it sounded like two bikes racing each other and keeping pace for pace..........LOL.

Its got such a pretty tight squish it will build heat quick but with alky/methanol mix it would run alot cooler so will adding a lil extra fuel on the lowspeed needle and running castor based 2 stroke oils....

It will run a lil cooler too with a e-85 fuel conversion or adding a fancase cover.......220 isnt that bad......

Ive had engines heat up between 240 and 275 and from what I can remember off the top of my head both engines maintained 240-245 degrees when riding...Id never condone running in the 275 mark though...........LOL

Good to hear it went good....Any plans on what youre gonna throw that thing on yet?

Keep up the good work EPR.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tested the temp for fun, going to put a new gray cover over the head and flywheel so the flywheel fans push air thru the head fins. Planning to put it in my stand/seat scooter, that's why I used your box exhaust, that Pro Jet on Sams engine is upside down and sticks way out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts