Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy, well that sux. I just thought I would remake the thread so I would have somewhere to post my pics when im done. Any more advice on anything?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well so far today: I put a coat of red on my back rim, wet sanded the frame, put a coat of clear on frame. On my to do list for today: re-do the rim, (I screwed up and it dripped) put another coat of clear on my frame, And I might wet sand my seat fairing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually should I wet sand my seat fairing? This part im very nervous about because its the part people mostly see. If I do wet sand it do I just wet sand over the white too? Then just spray the whole thing with clear?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HELP! Is re-installing the throttle cable back into the carb suposed to be a pain in the ass? Is there any special trick to make it easy to screw in?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Its suppose to be really easy but it might be tricky....what you do, Is you put the black part ALL the way inside...it might stop, but then you have to wiggle it and turn it and try your hardest to put it in....it WILL get in...just keep trying, and then when you cant see the black part anymore, then you kno that you can screw the top on...then after that, check your throttle before RIDING!!!
good luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
well does it look like it could use it? as long as you have let it set up real good you shouldnt run into any problems. But the white is original right? so it will be good and hard.

Just do it very lightly, and go slow. You should be just fine. Remember it is only paint so it can be repaint, I know more work, but it is not permanent. And if you are happy with it then just spray the clear. If you dont want to wetsand do you have any buffing compound? That will work too if you dont have a ton of dirt marks in the paint. Just be sure to clean it very very good before spaying clear, and dont use a compound that leaves a wax finish if you go this route

R E A L said:
Actually should I wet sand my seat fairing? This part im very nervous about because its the part people mostly see. If I do wet sand it do I just wet sand over the white too? Then just spray the whole thing with clear?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KOS said:
well does it look like it could use it? as long as you have let it set up real good you shouldnt run into any problems. But the white is original right? so it will be good and hard.

Just do it very lightly, and go slow. You should be just fine. Remember it is only paint so it can be repaint, I know more work, but it is not permanent. And if you are happy with it then just spray the clear. If you dont want to wetsand do you have any buffing compound? That will work too if you dont have a ton of dirt marks in the paint. Just be sure to clean it very very good before spaying clear, and dont use a compound that leaves a wax finish if you go this route
Well it is kinda rough in some areas. But when I wet sand it I can wet sand right over the white too? when im done wet sanding it will look dull but then when I spray the clear coat it will shine back up right? And I have no buffing compound.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pushed and wiggled and all that good stuff and there is still like a quarter inch of the black thing stickin out.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your carb slide has a small notch in it. The reason it won't go in is because the notch is not lined up. Twist the black carb slide a little to the left and right and you should feel the slide drop into place.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i officially feel like a retard. Went in my room did that and it slide right in. Thanks. I put a coat of red on my rim the other day and it looks good so will one coat be enough? Then I can just put like 3-4 coats of clear to protect it. I looked all around on it and didnt see any this spots so it looks pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey bud,
it really depends on how much work you want to put into it. With the wheels I would put a few coats on at least, they will get beat up pretty bad with dirt and rocks hitting them, so at least there will be a few layers to protect if it happens to get through the clear. But you can always paint later if they start to look bad too.

R E A L said:
well, i officially feel like a retard. Went in my room did that and it slide right in. Thanks. I put a coat of red on my rim the other day and it looks good so will one coat be enough? Then I can just put like 3-4 coats of clear to protect it. I looked all around on it and didnt see any this spots so it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
While I did my red and Two thin coats.....I let it dry, and there starting to get REALLY dirty....keep them clean at ALL times they look like **** when that happens...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya I think I am just gonna put a crap load of clear coats on my rims and see what happens. But what about the fairing? Just wet sand the whole thing then clear?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now I'm in the process of taping off the red on my back rim so I can spray the black on and this part sucks very badly. I have been working on it for 2 days and keep screwing up... oh well, I should have it done by Thursday. (the whole bike that is)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts