Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 49cc cag i just got maybe 2 weeks ago at a yard sale for 23 bucks. it ran great until the chain broke. then the starter assembly broke not the rope the internals. got both fixed . now ive got a huge fuel leak problem. i guess its not a leak cuz its coming from the overflow hose. as soon as i turn the fuel vavle on it starts pouring out the overflow. i took the carb bowl off and checked the float cleand and put back on and its still pouring out. CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Check the seat and float needle for foreign trash like bits of rubber from the petcock and see if the float needs to be reset...

Look up petcock mod and it should help make your bike a bit more reliable........................

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
I got a pet tortoise ..... oh, wait ....

The float in the carburetor is not rising high enough. Tweak the float forks down a little, like 1/8" - make sure they're level so the float doesn't twist sideways in the bowl and get jammed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks cam2 and spyguy. it was the float forks i guess cuz before i was able to read any of ur replys i took the bowl off and made sur the fork wasnt hung up, put it all together and its working great! gotta order a new chain tho!!!!

whats the 1st aftermarket mod i should get that would make a noticable diffirence that i should get im only wanting to spend around 50 bucks!! im thinking exshaust????? is ther any1 in the knoxville/oakridge tn area on here that u know of?????

whats the best website for parts and mods that u guys use??? ive used pocketbikeparts.com a couple times but their shipping seems high

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
We're not really supposed to "recommend" any particular site, but you can go to our supplier feedback section and look at the polls for each vendor. A good poll means fast shipping, good customer service, returns phonecalls and emails promptly, and so on. A bad poll ... well, you probably don't wanna order from those guys ...

The very first aftermarket mod I would do to any new bike is print out the Hardware Shopping List (in the a/c mods how-to section at the top of that page), and go get some quality hardened or stainless bolts. The stuff that comes in the bikes now is junk, and will strip and/or break. By replacing the bolts, you increase your bike's reliability and longevity.

As for a noticeable difference, a performance exhaust pipe like the JetPro (or JetPro replica), the PBU race pipe, or the fatty pipe will give your bike a little more oomph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts