Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the website because i need help. I rebuilt my whole 49cc motor. The kit came with boost port cylinder, boost port piston, timing advance key, high compression head, new full circle crank, carbon reeds, and all the gaskets for $80... anyways put it all together and gor got the reed placement which direction should the cut corner of the reed be facing the flywheel or clutch? just cant seem to get it running and though it was the reeds.
thanks

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
As long as the reeds are flat it doesnt matter..If you installed composite or fiberglass reeds you need to install them with the screws snug with loctite securing them.........

The screws go up........If you install it wrong the carb wont be at the right angle or the intake wont seal to the reedplate................

Which way did you install the piston?????

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
As long as that corner is over the reed cage it doesn't matter. But what you might do is pull the reeds and cage out hold it up to a light ti check that's its sealing good with no leaks. If there's leaks you will see light coming through where the reeds should be sealing. Over tightening the screws can warp the reeds. Its best to put a little blue loctite on the screws and just snug them up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx ok then i should have nothing wrong then, the bike makes spark. The only thing i can think of then is the broken pull start because it would slip maybe just not turning the motor over fast enough. Finally broke the pull start after my first post and ordered another one.. The piston in the motor i installed it so the arrow on top of the head points towards the exhaust port.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds like everything is right but I can't see inside the engine. I had a new kit came with a warped cylinder and had to be replaced. The kits are alittle better than the stock junk, so everything needs to be modded to get real horsepower.
Put alittle gas down the spark plug hole and see if it starts. First try to start the eng a few times w/ the choke on, then when you pull the plug it should be wet. Before you check anything see if the plug has a spark.
Even when my reeds where open it would still start with gas in the hole.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thx ok then i should have nothing wrong then, the bike makes spark. The only thing i can think of then is the broken pull start because it would slip maybe just not turning the motor over fast enough. Finally broke the pull start after my first post and ordered another one.. The piston in the motor i installed it so the arrow on top of the head points towards the exhaust port.
Ok so the only tings that come to mind is

improperly gapped coil to flywheel

improperly jetted carb

no fuel flow

non-sealing reeds

coil being too weak to spark higher compression

airleak

bad sparkplug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.