Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I bought my daughter a mini dirt bike second hand, it starts up absolutely fine first or second pull, yesterday it had some power to it whilst riding. Today I've taken her out on it and the engine produces a bit of white smoke, so I cut it off and brought her home. I then thought I'd see if it was still smoking so I've started it in the garden started fine still, no smoke, but now it has no power when your sat on it. It revs and wheel spins fine when you lift the back end up, as soon as there's any weight on it it goes 3mph ish, any help would be appreciated, thankyou.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
Can you send a picture of the engine they use three different engines on those bikes

·
Registered
510 Posts
Take the reduction box and take a look at the clutch.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
I agree with Chris remove the transmission and check the clutch make sure that the clutch arms are not stuck you can remove the clutch springs and check the clutch arm movements if they feel sticky or stuck unbolt them and take out the wafer washers they are unneeded and are only there to keep the clutch arms from rattling at idle.

Check the clutch bell on the transmission the nut that holds the clutch bell onto the transmission shaft is known to come loose from throttle blipping.

After break in I use stihl 1 shot for my engine's it is really good stuff and keeps the smoke and oil build up in the exhaust to a minimum

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice bike. And the fact its a 2 stroke. Like already said, most likely clutch, if that passes check fuel flow and exhaust flow, both for possible restrictions.
I even had a flywheel too close to the coil and killing performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thankyou everyone I will have a look at the clutch tomorrow and update you all if I manage to find the issue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts