Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my project that im working on, last week i picked up a little 49cc dirtbike for 80€ it already had a bigbore kit on it.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Footwear Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle Wheel

my goal is to put street tires on it and a exhaust that goes under the bike. and make a Sm out of it!

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

this is what im working on now its a Bidalot/Technigas pocketbike exhaust. customized it a bit to fit it.

Arm Leg Human body Plumbing fixture Human leg

these are not my best welds but there atleast strong enough. its hard to weld 1mm thin metal with a stickwelder.

Wood Office supplies Natural material Household hardware Metal

almost finished cleaned it up a bit.

this got my inspiration to make an exhaust under the bike like this:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

its an derbi senda moped. not my bike.

i also want to buy a 4 petal reed kit which costs 80€ on aliexpress, but is it worth the prise for power increase and is it noticeable?
Hand tool Tool Metalworking hand tool Font Auto part

i also flow the engine cases myself for better fuel flow.
Camera accessory Film camera Gas Cameras & optics Auto part

Bicycle part Rim Vehicle brake Bicycle drivetrain part Auto part

Let me know what you guys think of this project!

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yours will come out far better than mine. lol.

Here's a link to what I did to mine, if you need any suggestions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the project. Can't wait for the final product.
As for your reed setup, I remember reading they don't work as they are expected to, especially for the cost.
But give it a try and let us know.

Yes i can imagine, im quite busy working on it and i even bought some Kenda k313 street tires for it. now i gotta wait till they arrive and put it on the rims.
i do wanna buy the reeds but i also dont want to waste any money on it. maybe i can make a reed cage my self.

but i think the 4 petal reeds can work properly if you put the right carburator on it and if you flow the cases right, and a good exhaust aswel. i already have a 19mm dellorto rep carb from aliexpress that was only 16€ with shipping 😂. most of the parts i bought it from aliexpress because you can save alot of money then by buying it from a local shop, only the delivery time is quite long about 2-4 weeks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i took a look at your syxmoto project and it looks good, i also want to put some hydraulic brakes on it because the stock ones are total garbage.
i see that you also put some kenda scooter tires on it and i was also looking for the same tires but i cant find them anywhere on the internet. so i just bought the kenda k313’s not what i was quite looking for but i had no choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wood Artifact Tints and shades Natural material Twig

Tool Gas Hunting knife Glass Metal

so i cleaned up the exhaust and its 80% finished gotta give the welding spots a nice look by going over them with a gas torch. and after that i put some high temperature clear coating on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im also working on the cylinders by enlarging the exhaust ports to match up with the exhaust flench:

Automotive tire Gas Household hardware Composite material Rim

this is my 19mm carb, yes it has some bad machining but its normal for the price, i will smoothen it out with some sandpaper.

Textile Sewing Sewing machine feet Sewing machine Household appliance accessory

Finger Auto part Household hardware Gas Nickel

·
Registered
146 Posts
i took a look at your syxmoto project and it looks good, i also want to put some hydraulic brakes on it because the stock ones are total garbage.
i see that you also put some kenda scooter tires on it and i was also looking for the same tires but i cant find them anywhere on the internet. so i just bought the kenda k313’s not what i was quite looking for but i had no choice.
I have the Kenda 329 in 2.5-10 and 2.75-10. It rubs a little on the chain, though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i’ve been working on the exhaust mounts and it turned out pretty good. only the welds dont look like the best ones in my opinion, ive done better welding jobs than this. but its strong and it took me about 2/3 hours to make sounds a lot for what it is but i did it in the evening and a had to bend the exhaust mount quite a few times and grind off some metal aswell. final result of the exhaust mount in the rear:

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Crankset Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,391 Posts
The only thing, to me, is it hangs a little low, when you are offroad and hit a bump and the suspension compresses you might rip that exhaust right off. It looks like its only a few inches off the ground.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only thing, to me, is it hangs a little low, when you are offroad and hit a bump and the suspension compresses you might rip that exhaust right off. It looks like its only a few inches off the ground.
yes i know, it looks like it hangs a little low because it has a pocket bik front tire on it right now. im only going to use this for the road bacause its a SM build.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts