Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started working my 49cc Piston Port engine build today. I cut the top off the head so i can run a big bore top on it. Heres what i have got so far. Also wanted to make sure im doing it the correct way. I also started working on porting the intake and exhaust ports. Pic 1(Before i started)
Pic 2(Just finished cutting the top off)
Pic 3(showing the sides)
Pic 4(Started to sand down to make the top even)

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic 5
How does it look so far?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The top isnt flat yet. I hope im doing it right. Haha

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
it looks to be ok so far...looks like you went off track while making the cut a lil but it should be fine and if Im not mistaken looks like it maybe a 43cc cylinder

youre gonna need a 2 1/8" hole saw to remove the fin needed to make clearance then youre gonna have to beltsand the lip and the side of the cylinder to size....

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do i sand the the top flat first then use a hole saw to remove the fin?

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Do i sand the the top flat first then use a hole saw to remove the fin?
First etch the path of the cut against whats sticking up right now using the holesaw so you dont lose your way...

after you get that defined trench beltsand it flat then remove the fin...Youll have to cut away at the aluminum chunks thats casted into the fins to get the fin removed in 1pc.........

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. Ill have buy a belt sander and 2 1/8 inch hole saw. Ill be able to do that on the 15th or so.

Cutting the top off was a pain. Using a hand hack saw.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I firt tried to use battery saws saw. But it didnt work good. So i went to my hand hack saw.

The poston port on the head is 44mm. Does that mean its a 43cc?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While youre waiting on obtaining tools to finish the progress you also need to blueprint the bottomend.....
Yeah iv been looking for a FCC for my engine. All the ones iv been finding are the CAGs. But i dont wanna do any machining or try to find someone to do it in my area.

Would a CAG piston fit my piston port rod?

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Yeah iv been looking for a FCC for my engine. All the ones iv been finding are the CAGs. But i dont wanna do any machining or try to find someone to do it in my area.

Would a CAG piston fit my piston port rod?

Do what machining??? this is where I set the deck on one of my 2pc head buildups.....The engine is equipped with a full circle crank from a cag stage 2 kit............

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking that i would have to do some machining on the engine or the crack to make a CAG FCC to work on my engine.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ooh ok. Im glad to hear that. Haha. Iv been finding some good deals on kits with piston and FFC with head and caps.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.