Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New here. Just one question really. I got a cag back prob 8 years ago. Swapped to a 2 stroke last year. Suppost to have a big bore kit. On what i would guess is the 47 since it has a reed. Any way dont know the tooth count off the top of my head. But as for everything else i put an ngk spark plug that was def deeper then the stock plug. Boost bottle cf reed. Did 39mph last year before all that. Now does 46mph. But i have a lightweight flywheel coming and already have the rocket key. Should i retard the timing? Trying to hit 50. Or should i just leave it alone.. never thought it would go 46 from the start anyway. I was aiming for 40.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw i have sum drag issues. Think one big prob is ive never changed thebtires and it sit for prob 5 years. There dry rotted. Not to the point it scares me. But there cracked. Did change the front bearings. But either way i figure if i can get close to 50 like it is then sort out my drag prob. Which is in both wheels really then the mf ahould fly then

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and before anyone says it. Im going to port it eventually. I was jus saving that for icing on the cake.. already ported and matched the intake.. which really did make a difrence. Prob will with the exauhst next

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Forget 50 MPH on a 49cc 2 stroke Cag, not going to happen without a rocket tied to it, and its been done, lol. The wheels are not very good and would vibrate a lot at 50.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? Because i took it out yesterday and even with the wind bl9wing hard against me it hit 46. On a flat road. If i go downhill with no wind im sure itll get close to 50

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plus i didnt even try an tuck at all. Weigh prob 125. So u cant tell me u couldnt get that sucker to 50 with a 60 70 pound kid on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless i just got a factory beast from them. Idk the comp. But it has got to be up there.. so much the first time i tryd to pull it i thought the motor was locked up

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
You mean 46 KPH, not 46 MPH. If you post a speed here you have to prove it, show us the GPS speed off your phone. Never going to believe you with out that. If you gear it for more top speed you going to burn up clutches left and right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went out this mornin just cruisein got h9me an it was at 35. Didnt even get on it.. jus makin sure my chain was straight.

·
Super Moderator
2,145 Posts
I want to see a vid I dont believe your numbers I believe 47Kmh not MPH even 40MPH is very difficult to hit with a CAG and it whould have to be Juiced or Gased with some very aggressive port work to do it then you would have to assume the frame would actually Stay Together...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol well first chance i get sum1 to get a vid only person here is my wife an she cant get the baby out n this cold

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No reason to lie dude. Im not a k9d showing off im almost 30 lol jus wondering if i can hit 50 if i retard it or of itll do more harm then good

1 - 20 of 85 Posts