Pocketbike Forum banner
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I bailed myself out soon as i got there and was rid8ng it within an hour lol. Anyway ima get a lawyer and fight it.. they have no proof i ran he didnt have me on his camera running. Just going by him

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Forget 50 MPH on a 49cc 2 stroke Cag, not going to happen without a rocket tied to it, and its been done, lol. The wheels are not very good and would vibrate a lot at 50.
U was right I never hit 50.. I hit 49 and the police arrested me haha.. but I jus got it back running g and have grainy lol video of it going over 40.. itll cruise all day at 45.. and get close to 50 going downhill.. as for them lil bitty wheels it quits shaking an gets smooth over prob 35.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Ha! I just read this whole thread. All I can sau knowing 2 strokes and PB pretty well is over 40 isnt easy. You have the benefit of lightweight, gearing for more top speed, and an unknown engine.
You bought the engine used, correct??
I wouldn't trust that frame and especially tires above 40mph. I think it was CAM2 that did some crazy speed on an old Blata 2.5 with highly modded motor, think running on alcohol, an the neck of the bike broke. Beat him up pretty bad. Cant remember what the speed was, I thought over 60mph.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Ha! I just read this whole thread. All I can sau knowing 2 strokes and PB pretty well is over 40 isnt easy. You have the benefit of lightweight, gearing for more top speed, and an unknown engine.
You bought the engine used, correct??
I wouldn't trust that frame and especially tires above 40mph. I think it was CAM2 that did some crazy speed on an old Blata 2.5 with highly modded motor, think running on alcohol, an the neck of the bike broke. Beat him up pretty bad. Cant remember what the speed was, I thought over 60mph.
It was a new motor when I got it.. only thing I changed was reeds and added a boost bottle.. yea them are 12 year old tires.. I played with gears for weeks to get it right.. Chinese frame. And I only weigh 120 wet.. everyone saying they won't do over 40 though... this mf set for 2 or 3 years.. crank first pull and ran over 40 first run lol.. its a real iffy ride if ur not running the sob full throttle.. full throttle it's smooth rides good.. jus don't try an baby it. Lol

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Upload a video to YouTube please I will verify speed using a frame rate calculator...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Upload a video to YouTube please I will verify speed using a frame rate calculator...
I got a video but when it was sent the quality is ****.. can u still use it? It's grainy.. and not top speed but should be close to 40 I think.. did 41 on that particular road.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Better yet.. I got sum race gas the other day.. it was running on 87 with a ton of oil in it that day. It had been sitting 3 years was trying to lube her good..ill get a new video this weekend... at top speed this time.. think it does around 45 flat.. the 49 3 years ago was down hill.. got new wheel bearings now though so mabey I can hit 50

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
If u want the blurry video whats ur number? Don't really wanna post it. Once again that's not top speed.. but should be around 40.. u can see me riding with traffic on the road behind me.. speed limits 55 on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
It's hard af to get someone to video u when ur supposed to be a grown up on a gd pocket bike lol.. mabey I can set my phone up and Vaught a top speed run though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
It's hard af to get someone to video u when ur supposed to be a grown up on a gd pocket bike lol.. mabey I can set my phone up and Vaught a top speed run though.
Belive me I done quit trying to tell people how fast it is.. I jus let um see it lol.. lil sucker will go way faster then it should.. but its smooth as silk.. long as u don't try and baby it.. the harder u push it.. the smoother it ride.. 12 year old dry rotted tires.. with a couple holes in the frame.. u can't think about it if u wanna see how fast she is haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Belive me I done quit trying to tell people how fast it is.. I jus let um see it lol.. lil sucker will go way faster then it should.. but its smooth as silk.. long as u don't try and baby it.. the harder u push it.. the smoother it ride.. 12 year old dry rotted tires.. with a couple holes in the frame.. u can't think about it if u wanna see how fast she is haha
And I've never went any deeper then changing the reeds.. I bet u she would be a screamer with a good pipe and some porting.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
And I've never went any deeper then changing the reeds.. I bet u she would be a screamer with a good pipe and some porting.
Reeds and an oversize spark plug to raise compression.. I did port the intake manifold when I added a boost bottle..but other then that.. shes how I got her 4 years ago brand new.. motor wise.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Reeds and an oversize spark plug to raise compression.. I did port the intake manifold when I added a boost bottle..but other then that.. shes how I got her 4 years ago brand new.. motor wise.
I played with gear sets until I could get her almost topped out.. and still take off without burning the clutch up... u ride it hard u do smell clutch though.. it was weeks of changing sprockets till I hit a sweet spot.. lil sucker don't get into the powerband till its already going about 30

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Itll hit
I played with gear sets until I could get her almost topped out.. and still take off without burning the clutch up... u ride it hard u do smell clutch though.. it was weeks of changing sprockets till I hit a sweet spot.. lil sucker don't get into the powerband till its already going about 30
Itll hit 40 any day u get on it.. with ease. And from what I remember about being on these forums.. they aint supposed to be doing that lol.. at least not without extensive port work. I really don't wanna go any faster then it already does. That's what keeps me from porting it.. and I do Belive I'd have to re gear it to go much faster..

81 - 100 of 119 Posts