Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys,

my brother pulled the throttle way to back, the throttle cable snapped out of the carb. We've tried to hook the cable back. But we dont know where to hook the cable back into the carb. I've included pics to give you guys a idea. possibly would there be parts missing? also to be 100 percent sure, how does the cable fit in the handle.

pics:

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/album.php?albumid=90

let me know

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Is there a little bead on the end of the cable? If so just turn the throttle on the carb and let the bead slip into that groove in the swivel. The bead only fits into the groove one way so you may need to turn the swivel so it will go in to it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply StrayDawg6,

but even before the cable snapped, the bike would not accelerate to its full potential. That's why my brother pulled it back further, trying to accelerate more. by the pics, doesn't it seem like the cable seems to be a little to long. would that make a difference. and also maybe there's a adjustment we can make on the carb, or can we pull the cable back further to shorten the end where the bead is.

let me know guys

thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Btw, you have pictures of two different bikes in the album. Makes it a bit confusing initially.

Hugh
SDscooters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts