Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where to start a strip the old engine but I can't figure out where the gas lines and stuff go everything looks different from the four stroke versus the two-stroke any ideas or any pictures that would help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also is that mean I'm going to need a new gas tank with only one lead to it instead of two

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more thing any suggestions right now I have a 1.8 l metal oblong tank. GP rsr Chinese

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
Okay, you can use your stock tank yes, it was a four stroke and only used gasoline, you are switching from gas to gas and oil mix, it will be fine. Even if it is two lines, run a walbro clone or if you're going to run a stock carburetor plug the return line. All you have to do.
The hardest thing you have to deal with is how to mounting the engine. That's it, the fuel system is very easy. If you need more info let me know. Unfortunately I only checking a couple times a day but I'm always available let me know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had one more question I realized the electric part of it four stroke versus two-stroke is different how do you apply that with the new engine it's only got one wire and the four-stroke has a couple? I tried looking at videos but can't find anything any suggestions

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
What are you trying to do? The kill switch? The two stroke has a coil with one post and one wire, the wire obviously goes on to the spark plug and the post has a wire that runs to a Kill Switch. That's it. It's a two stroke it is so much more simple than the 4-stroke

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
That wire is the kill switch

Open not connected to anything is run

When connected to ground which is the engine block you can unscrew any of the starter bolts and put a connector on it with a wire attached when that wire touches ground it tells the engine to shut the spark off and kills the engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts