Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50cc engine on a mini chopper and is semi automatic. When i chnge gears by pressing one side of the gear shifter i move form neutral to first to second etc up to fourth. However if i am in neutral again and i press to shift backwards, it shifts into some gear which has very little torque , and i can keep shifting down another 4 gears that feel the same.
thisis sofr of what i imagine is happening :

4-3-2-1-N-1-2-3-4

WHat os the reason for this ? why do these gears exist but have so little power in them ?
Kinda hard to explain but hopefully you understand

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I have a 50cc engine on a mini chopper and is semi automatic. When i chnge gears by pressing one side of the gear shifter i move form neutral to first to second etc up to fourth. However if i am in neutral again and i press to shift backwards, it shifts into some gear which has very little torque , and i can keep shifting down another 4 gears that feel the same.
thisis sofr of what i imagine is happening :

4-3-2-1-N-1-2-3-4

WHat os the reason for this ? why do these gears exist but have so little power in them ?
Kinda hard to explain but hopefully you understand
offroad quads need ultra low gears to climb steep hills and to use the engine as an engine brake going down steep hills...........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.